Latest MAXimum Design Bumper by Maxterra

Maxterra

Wheeling
Founding Member
Latest version installed today on Blind_Io's X.

This one is the first to have 2.5" LED backup lights in the bumper face. Finally found a light with decent output out of it.
This is the silver vein finish color I use a lot of, as it matches and goes with the grey plastic very well.
Yes, this bumper is only for 2005+ rigs, but I do have plans for gen 1's in the future. Gotta get a couple of other projects rolling along first though.

IMG_3470.jpg

IMG_3471.jpg

IMG_3474.jpg

IMG_3480.jpg

IMG_3477.jpg

We couldn't install the trailer plug as it was broken (new one on the way).

Here's the standard bumper w/o tire carrier:
IMG_3077.jpg

IMG_3076.jpg

IMG_3071.jpg

IMG_2691.jpg

Will have another new one installed tomorrow with rotopax fuel can mount on it. Just finished final assy a few minutes ago...

R

ryandavenport

What is the cost of one of the tire carrier bumpers like the first picture? That's a sweet bumper.

Maxterra

Wheeling
Founding Member
Another new one installed today that holds one or two rotopax 3 gal fuel cans above the tire. Also the first in a new Rohm & Hass powder color "Black River" which is a textured all-black color I really like.
IMG_3487.jpg

IMG_3489.jpg

IMG_3485.jpg

If anybody has any questions or need a quote, maximumdesign@comcast.net is my email.

Thanks for looking, Dave
:tunes:

Maxterra

Wheeling
Founding Member
Hay Dave since I already have your bumper can I just get a replacement swing arm with the rotopax holder ?

I think so....
I weld up the swingarms first, clamped with back-bow to counter shrinkage and bowing with all the welding on top.
Then I mount hinge & latch bracket so the swingarm fits and aligns perfectly.

Making another swingarm, I can't guarantee fit & alignment as good as the original....

Maxterra

Wheeling
Founding Member
Hay Dave since I already have your bumper can I just get a replacement swing arm with the rotopax holder ?

Giving this some thought, Oz.
Think I might offer an option of this type of carrier that will bolt to the back of the existing tire carrier & hi-lift bars via u-bolts thru the upright mounting plate.

thinking, thinking, thinking......

KUMA

First Fill-Up (of many)
Founding Member
Great job on his bumper man! :D I can't wait to see it in person and I like the idea for the rotopax! Do you got any pics of the powdercoat up close? I still trying to decide whether to just duplicolor bedline my bumpers (sliders and back) for now or sandblast and re-powdercoat (either crinkle black or a mini-textured)

SyndicateX

Test Drive
Great job on his bumper man! :D I can't wait to see it in person and I like the idea for the rotopax! Do you got any pics of the powdercoat up close? I still trying to decide whether to just duplicolor bedline my bumpers (sliders and back) for now or sandblast and re-powdercoat (either crinkle black or a mini-textured)[/QUOTE

This texture powder coat is awesome, haha, I want to powder coat everything I possibly can with this new powdercoat texture. I'll have to take pics when i get around to it.

Roninjiro

Need Bigger Tires
I hope you are able to get a 1st gen bumper going soon as I am in the market with money ready. If you do I am going to request a custom configuration.

Maxterra

Wheeling
Founding Member
Just got some new parts in from the metal fab shop. As I get busier, farming out more and more parts so I can keep up and deliver faster and spend less time machining.
Two new cool parts are the hi-lift base and swingarm latch with the "X" lasered in them.

9960f36c.jpg

Maxterra

Wheeling
Founding Member
Thanks. Been thinking about that one for a while now. I likey!

Doing a hinge redesign now and waiting for pricing on those pieces, as the current model is far too labor-intensive to mass produce.
Also working on the extended swingarm hinge to put the pivot point out over the corner to make room for a gas can to clear the hatch swing path.
Been asked a few times about the double swing arm (not really a fan of it myself, primarily as I don't want the left arm out in traffic if you have to open it up on the highway shoulder) but will be working on that option too. Just trying to decide what latch to use. I like them drawn in tight when closed.

Maxterra

Wheeling
Founding Member
Working on G2 front bumpers now and another project TBA later.

Been inundated with a bunch of G1 requests just the last few days though !

Guess I just need to quit the full time job and do this full time?? After 26 yrs there, little tired of it....

Cameron23

Skid Plates
Founding Member
**starts chant** ffiiirrrsssttt geeennn ffiirrsstt ggeenn first ggen first Gen FIRST GEN

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2