Forza Motorsport 4

TheFauxFox

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
I'm on Gran Turismo, but my roommate, who has Forza, and I discuss different tuning to compare the two. We found that Lotus' are pretty tunable and that Ford Fiestas are amazing when they hit 900hp.

J Everett

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
900hp Fiestas? Why?

I guess I'm a little different than the average player, in that I don't go for big power mods. I try to keep cars within the class that they originate in and see if I can improve them by just tweaking the chassis set ups. Stuff like camber, toe, roll bar stiffness, tire pressure, brake balance. Especially in Forza, where you are awarded tons of cars for leveling up and winning races, but they are worthless to sell. So I keep them in my garage until I come across a race series that they fit in perfectly. I think I only have 4 or 5 modified cars in my garage of 30+. I do have a mildly tuned Fiesta, and also an Evo X, an STi, a Hachi Roku, and a 300ZX that have some light engine mods as well as chassis tweaks. The 86 in particular is a hoot to drive against other cars in its class.

Unlike Gran Turismo, where some of the cars you win are worth a ton of cash when you sell them (I'm looking at you Toyota RSC in GT4!). Sure I had 1000hp Mitsubishi GTO's and 800hp Subaru wagons and other such nonsense, but they were pretty terrible to drive, and I learned next to nothing by simply throwing money at every part on every car. It was fun though, for a time. I'll tell you where GT lost me though, and it was nothing to do with the gameplay. It was when it took them 4 years after the PS3 debuted to get the game out. In the meantime, I bought a 360 and fell in love with FM3 and 4.

Last edited:

J Everett

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
It's a lot of fun. One of my favorite things is trying to match The Stig's lap times on the Top Gear track with some of the cars they've tested. So far, I've only done it once, with the 599 GTO, and only by a few hundreths of a second.

TN4x4Xterra

Suspension Lift
I have Forza 2 but haven't gotten a chance to play the 3rd one but I've heard good things about Forza 4 and plan on getting one eventually. I'm an avid racer though so I may challenge you to a race after few laps around the track lol.

TheFauxFox

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
900hp Fiestas? Why?

Gits and Shiggles...
In all reality, the Lotus Evora makes a solid S class vehicle when tuned correctly. Light and agile.

I agree that in GT4 you could buy the Toyota RSC and sell it for a qtr million and it being ridiculous, but GT5 is dramatically different. Cars are worth maybe 25% of their initial purchase price. I agree that GT has taken forever to create a very half-assed feeling game.

Going back and playing both, I would have preferred Forza. I had Forza 2, but like GT3 better (at the time). I've had every GT since the beginning (minus Prolouge). The only problems I have with Forza are the track physics, the comparison of all cars to premium cars in GT, and the lack of weather changes. It might just be the fact that I've been with GT for so long that I don't like the track physics of Forza, but sliding around corners don't make sense sometimes in Forza. As for the graphics, details in Forza are too bright making them seem less realistic as compared to the 250/1100 cars of GT (which hacks me off). Weather change is just a nice change of pace. It drastically changes the way you drive in game, which is like playing Madden in the snow or during a hurricane.

But back to what you wanted to talk about...

J Everett

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
I agree, more than two weather conditions (temperature, sunny vs. overcast are only option in FM4) per track would be nice. I'd like to have the option for real-time, or as close to real-time track conditions as we could get. For instance, if I decide I want to race at Circuit de la Sarthe, I want the console to go on the internet and find the current weather for Le Mans, including time of day (it's midnight there, 6pm CDT here as I type this) and set my race up for those conditions. Just as an option, not a full time thing, but it would be awesome to be able to turn that option on or off. You could go through three different types of weather on a lap of Fujimi Kaido, with its ridiculous elevation changes. I suppose that will probably have to wait for next gen consoles (manufacturers have been promising this ability since the Gamecube).

Anyhoo, back to FM4. I propose a challenge: I'll put a fiver (payable via Paypal) down on the first person who can beat my lap time of 1:49.2 around Laguna Seca in a totally stock Acura NSX (no mods, no Type-R). Take a screen shot of your winning lap time and post it here. I'll PM the winner for your email address to send prize. Winner gets to create the next lap challenge!

TheFauxFox

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
I'll put a fiver (payable via Paypal) down on the first person who can beat my lap time of 1:49.2 around Laguna Seca in a totally stock Acura NSX (no mods, no Type-R). Take a screen shot of your winning lap time and post it here. I'll PM the winner for your email address to send prize. Winner gets to create the next lap challenge!

May I take part? :D

Sounds like the episode of Top Gear where Jeremy tires to beat his own time.

J Everett

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
May I take part? :D

Sounds like the episode of Top Gear where Jeremy tires to beat his own time.

That was what inspired me. I couldn't match his 1:41, but he was playing on GT2, and compared to real life, he mentioned that in game, he was able to brake much later into the corner without killing himself, and that there were a lot of little track details like mid corner bumps and such that the game didn't account for. So, to keep it fair, and so that lap times are consistant, we'll have to keep the challenge within the confines of a single game. Though I am tempted to bust out my old PS1 and see if I can beat 1:41 on GT2.

Muadeeb

Nissan al Gaib
Admin
I plan on getting this game when I acquire a certain XBox :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Hopefully it isn't this one
photo3.jpg

Roninjiro

Need Bigger Tires
when I come to visit (one of these days) I can be that friend that will never leave and just keep playing your xbox and eating your food! :D

J Everett

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
Yeah, I still play, but between Borderlands 2, Halo 4, and Forza Horizon, it might be a while before I get back to Forza 4.

J Everett

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
I'm usually the same way. I've been paying a little bit here and there on Halo 4 since March, and Forza horizon since August. Borderlands was an out of the blue buy. I played at a friend's house and simply had to have it.

Macland

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
I'm usually the same way. I've been paying a little bit here and there on Halo 4 since March, and Forza horizon since August. Borderlands was an out of the blue buy. I played at a friend's house and simply had to have it.

I loved border lands, I might buy the second one when it goes on sale. I wish I had put back money for halo 4 like you did.

TheFauxFox

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
I'm about to get another Xbox after mine red-ringed a few years ago. I'll be picking this up (along with Halo 4) near the end of the month.

Dirthouse

Bought an X
I haven't played in a couple months... I may take you up, Kuzmovka.

I'll need to fix a couple cars to be more reliable/ competitive... my RMS13 is stable, but needs more power. My FC is really good, also needs more power. My SW20 is too d*mn powerful for such a small wheelbase. My 900AWHP S30 Z... well, insanity is subtle word for it. :sure:

SXTerra

Test Drive
I havent played Forza 4 yet I'll probably wait for the 5th one to come out, but I loved Forza 3 and the cat and mouse multiplayer did they keep that mode for the 4th.

Kuzmovka

Bought an X
I'm not sure about cat and mouse on 4 but they have it in horizon. Have fun buying a new system for number 5 though. as for Dirthouse. let's do it man

Kuzmovka

Bought an X
Then lets do it! I am currently attempting to run a nurburgring race in a drift car... bad plan.

SO me and my mother are talking college. Can you afford soap? sorry to be weird about it but my mom claims that I am not going to able to afford soap in the near future and frankly I'm just not ok with that. SO how true is that man?