Doug Thorley Headers Group Buy from ORPP

NMTerras

Suspension Lift
UPDATE: SEE BELOW
Attention first gen owners with manifold leaks and/or mod sickness:

As you may be aware, Offroad Performance Parts is going to be offering Thorley Headers for sale for the first gen X, V6 (VG33E) as soon as they become available in late August. Soooo...putting together a group buy to get us a discount. Don't know what the savings might be at this point ($456.95 is retail). I want to gauge interest, and then Dan should get us some numbers. Chixterra, I'm putting you in, too. Who's with me!?!?!?!

[video=youtube;Q47bpOCTcaY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q47bpOCTcaY[/video]

We're looking at trying to place an order by about Aug. 21 or so. Hopefully I can get pricing info based on interest within the next couple of weeks. Please respond w/preliminary interest by Aug. 10. Thanks! No Niedermayers...

Pricing: if we get 12 or more, it'll be $412 plus shipping. Five or more, $425 plus shipping. Retail is 456.95. Let's get 12 people!

Going to post up in CL also...

Below was list pre-pricing. Please confirm interest, add to the list...

1. NMTerras
2. Chixterra
3. Ricel
4. Azhiaziam (dep. on price)
5. Roadwarrior (dep. on price)
6. Rokdaddy
7. Ricel
8. O.R.P.P.
9. TKD

Last edited:

NMTerras

Suspension Lift
I need to guage interest before I get a price. I'm sure the savings depends on numbers. I'll pass on more info as I get it. I would imagine if we get 10 or more there would be some modest savings.

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Make sure the numbers are right.. I thought the 2000s were a little different because of the extra cat. I may be off in the though

Last edited:

NMTerras

Suspension Lift
I appreciate that TKD, but to clarify, this group buy is going to occur towards the end of August when the headers become available. So "interest" should be in consideration of purchase, at a price TBD, something a little less than 456.95 but maybe not a ton, in that time frame

NMTerras

Suspension Lift
Make sure the numbers are right.. I bought the 2000s were a little different because of the extra cat. I may be off in the though

I THINK I know what you're saying, but dam man, maybe its time to consider a phone with bigger buttons? :D

The long tube headers skip/replace the primary cats, if I'm not mistaken...correct me if I'm wrong.

Muadeeb

Nissan al Gaib
Admin
Interested, but doubt funds will be available. Both my headers leak, and I've got two kids in daycare for the month of August.

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
NMTerras said:
...and you know you want some...no better way to fix that manifold leak!

I do want them.. Issue is I'm trying to fix other issues at this time.. Plugs wires and a iacv

Cameron23

Skid Plates
Founding Member
Interested, but doubt funds will be available. Both my headers leak, and I've got two kids in daycare for the month of August.

same except replace kids with college

Sent from my brain to the interwebz via a Samsung Galaxy S and Tapatalk 2

RacerXXL

First Fill-Up (of many)
Founding Member
Make sure the numbers are right.. I bought the 2000s were a little different because of the extra cat. I may be off in the though

I THINK I know what you're saying, but dam man, maybe its time to consider a phone with bigger buttons? :D

The long tube headers skip/replace the primary cats, if I'm not mistaken...correct me if I'm wrong.

NM is correct all the 1st Gen headers I have seen are a long tube design and are going to require some exhaust fab as they occupy the space where the primary cats are in the OEM setup no matter what year.

NMTerras

Suspension Lift
NM is correct all the 1st Gen headers I have seen are a long tube design and are going to require some exhaust fab as they occupy the space where the primary cats are in the OEM setup no matter what year.

Which means either no cats, or relocation. I'm going to look into new high flow cats, but if I can go straight pipe to my flow master and still pass emissions I'm going for it

I will also be ordering a set for the Official ORPP truck ;) This will be the First purchase from DT so I am trying to get the best deal on these that I can. Deals for me means Deals for you!!!

TKDx00

Lockers Installed
Founding Member
I appreciate that TKD, but to clarify, this group buy is going to occur towards the end of August when the headers become available. So "interest" should be in consideration of purchase, at a price TBD, something a little less than 456.95 but maybe not a ton, in that time frame

OK maybe I should have said it this was... I'm interested depending on price because I'm commited to NXM in September.