Edo's Rig Build List

Edodrian

Lockers Installed
Supporting Member
you can seriously do the calmini kit in a day? I wish I didnt read that... I need to start saving now lol... looks great man

Thanks! Yes it is do-able in a day. Also, that's having everything ready and all the tools you need at your disposal. Plasma cutter makes quick work of removing un-needed parts. Help is encouraged too, makes it easier.

Yeah my wallet didn't need that either

Nor does mine. Mine still hurts.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G

NMTerras

Suspension Lift
egezupem.jpg

qu9aza9e.jpg

No turning back now!
Kinda digging the travel on the front. Rear is still lame though.

Now just to get that locker repaired and get the gears and d-shaft in it.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G

Where'd you take these pics?

DC xterra

Wheeling
you can seriously do the calmini kit in a day? I wish I didnt read that... I need to start saving now lol... looks great man

second that lol! i thought about calmini kit for a while now. The truck looks great, how does it feel compared to IFS ?

Edodrian

Lockers Installed
Supporting Member
Where'd you take these pics?

Campbell's Creek, WV
Sanderson, WV to be exact.

One of the few places around that aren't gated up like crazy. Got every inch of it mapped out on my phone. Loads of trails. You could spend a week out there and not touch the same trail.

second that lol! i thought about calmini kit for a while now. The truck looks great, how does it feel compared to IFS ?

Around town... Awesome, feels like IFS does. On the interstate... A bit of pucker moment here and there... I believe the term is 'bump steer'.

I really need a swaybar being this tall now.

Eh... Just blasted a speed hump like I normally did with the IFS... No more caddy like ride... I think half my insides are back on the speed hump. Gonna have to tweak on the shocks a bit.

Really thinking about doing the same setup on the rear. Gonna have to talk to my lowrider buddies and design it up.

My DD is going to flex like a rock buggy.
I believe that sounds good in its own way.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G

Edodrian

Lockers Installed
Supporting Member
That is a nice X sir.

Thanks!

What springs are you running and how much psi in the coilovers? I've got a 200/350 combo on an unknown amount of psi and valving and it's TOO soft.

Springs are the eibach 8 and 10 inch with 300/lb inch per spring.

I'm still fiddling around with pressure. I'm at 70 per side and I'm gonna try a bit more. Calmini says 200 with one bleed.

How much ever that is...

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G

SASXA

First Fill-Up (of many)
I was thinking of going up to 150 per side myself just waiting to get back on all 4 before I start messing with the front again, almost bought 16" air shocks but I don't know if they'll handle the weight.

Edodrian

Lockers Installed
Supporting Member
I was thinking of going up to 150 per side myself just waiting to get back on all 4 before I start messing with the front again, almost bought 16" air shocks but I don't know if they'll handle the weight.

I went to 200 tonight at the shop, I believe its softer. We'll find out how she rides this Friday on my trip.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G

Edodrian

Lockers Installed
Supporting Member
Well I am already planning a 4 Link type setup for the rear, Gonna have that stupid flex all around.
Doubt it'll be done by nXm though. But one can wish and hope right?

Long as I can get my rear regeared and D-Shaft made up, I'm down for nXm this year.
Depending on how I feel too, If its not down for the count, I may just have to show up 2WD.

Edodrian

Lockers Installed
Supporting Member
So you would be running a FWD off road monster? That would be an NXM first.

Honestly I am excited to see this beast, 4wd or 2wd.

As amusing as it would be to go FWD, that's for a later project to happen to the Xterra.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G

Edodrian

Lockers Installed
Supporting Member
Atlas in the future?

Maybe... I'm more concerned about what is going to be in front of the t-case.

5+ Liters displacement...

If you are going to get horrible fuel mileage, you might as well do it right.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Edodrian

Lockers Installed
Supporting Member
How much are you in total for the swap?

Which swap? Engine? That's going to be some time from now. Got a large amount of thought going into it.

And how are you accomplishing this? Inquiring minds want to know.

V8 EFI. Except I really want to keep my cruise, I haven't got everything squared away yet, so it's still in the air about which way I am going to go engine wise.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

SASXA

First Fill-Up (of many)
What travel coilovers? I'm running 12" fox's and I'm over flexing and breaking the center pin on the driveshaft on mine. Still havn't put limiting straps on yet cause I have a small project I'm working on, on mine. Just watch how far you flex it out if it's a Double cardon.

Edodrian

Lockers Installed
Supporting Member
What travel coilovers? I'm running 12" fox's and I'm over flexing and breaking the center pin on the driveshaft on mine. Still havn't put limiting straps on yet cause I have a small project I'm working on, on mine. Just watch how far you flex it out if it's a Double cardon.

10" coilovers, driveshaft is a double cardan too.

I'm going to get the swaybar kit and put straps on it around the time I do coilovers on the rear.

Sent from my SPH-L720

Edodrian

Lockers Installed
Supporting Member
Hands down my favorite rig right now.

POTM/BOTM material right here.
DSC04926_zps594ea16b.jpg

And right here.. with Xterraperformancecom
DSC04940_zpse403dc3f.jpg

Damn. You made it look better than it is.

Good pics Tucker!

Mmmmmm it's sooo pretty :hihi:

Also that herculiner could mess you uppppp

Dual protection. Keeps sticks and rocks from killing it too bad. And keeps people off of it too.

One good time trying to keep from falling and throwing out your hand against it would result in the Xterra getting blood for your contact.

Sent from my SPH-L720

yellowx16

Need Bigger Tires
Founding Member
I've also been meaning to ask..do you get a sort of double cut off from your projectors? I believe you and i are the only ones i know of that have the d2s projectors in an xterra. What i mean by double cutoff is i have like a dark area that look identical to the actual cutoff about 10 feet in front of the actual cutoff. Just wanted to see if this was a d2s thing or whatever

Edodrian

Lockers Installed
Supporting Member
I've also been meaning to ask..do you get a sort of double cut off from your projectors? I believe you and i are the only ones i know of that have the d2s projectors in an xterra. What i mean by double cutoff is i have like a dark area that look identical to the actual cutoff about 10 feet in front of the actual cutoff. Just wanted to see if this was a d2s thing or whatever

Kinda. I am a little taller though so I may not be getting the same effects.

Sent from my SPH-L720

Edodrian

Lockers Installed
Supporting Member
View against a building.

a7ydyje9.jpg

That seems high but I am higher and my front is actually uphill.

Sent from my SPH-L720

yellowx16

Need Bigger Tires
Founding Member
yea that looks similar to my cutoff, it's really only noticeable like on an open road or highway when you can see the whole beam I'll take a pic to describe what I mean better