Metzican's build The Silverback Edition

metzican

Suspension Lift
So today I went for a little 3hr drive. I got to flex my suspension a little bit and I noticed a few things.

I need to relocate my ABS sensor lines. I think when the shop worked on my rear axles they zipped tied them so they rest on the axle where the bump stop hits.

When flexing I noticed that my tire will rob on the inner rib in the wheel well. I don't even know if I can cut this out.

20140628_135603_zpspotjil0x.jpg

20140628_164829_zpskii2dfqk.jpg

metzican

Suspension Lift
I've chopped off so much of the backside of the fender it is ridicules. I always want to go back to standard wheel backspacing. With this new flex rubbing area it is crazy. I have not read anywhere where someone had that and had to cut that piece out. It is a hard area to explain but it is not the outside of the fender. If you remove the plastic liner it is where two peices of sheet metal body where attached together and have some type of tar/plastic coating over it and they look spot welded together. I don't even think that piece is very deep to get cut out. I think if I cut it, it will reveal a hole in body which would not be good.

metzican

Suspension Lift
So I got home from being away 2 weeks and realized I left my back window open 3". **** my life. The whole back floor is wet. it has rained for a week straight over 5". FML.

metzican

Suspension Lift
So I ordered this thing so I can re due my whole cargo area and build a box back there and use this hinge to lift up the tool box I have to reach the storage underneath it.
20140721_134256_zps5kpuixhs.jpg

metzican

Suspension Lift
Yes it sucked a big one, But It is hot enough down here to dry quickly so no big deal.

So I changed my front and rear diff lube today after the break in period for the new gears. Front had 700 ish miles on it, rear had 500 ish miles on it. So between the 500 to 1000 miles recommendation. So when I went and drained the front diff and drained it the gear oil came out weird.

This picture shows it a little too good it was not this defined. It was weird not straight up mixed or anything. But I have seen water and oil mix and it was not thick like that ether. I was wondering what could cause this. If you really think it is oil and water or what.

20140731_124136_zpszinsi1cj.jpg

You can see it in the shadow part better. It kinda looked like this. I let it stand and sit for a few hours and it did not separate like oil and water would it just would appear in these cool designs. This picture better represents what I saw with my eye.

20140731_123701_zpsu5aqyxe3.jpg

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Looks about right for break in oil. You've got assembly lube and such that is going to be washed out. Run it another hundred or so and check it again.

metzican

Suspension Lift
Looks about right for break in oil. You've got assembly lube and such that is going to be washed out. Run it another hundred or so and check it again.

I agree...

Thanks for the info. I was going to say it looks like two oils mixed together but wanted others view points on it. It also makes sense the front was worst then the back. Front got gears, locker, whole new front diff with left over oil of who know what. The rear just got gears.

On that note I was surprised at how little metal was attached to the magnet on the drain plug.

metzican

Suspension Lift
So today I got off my ass and decided to install this so I could put my duel battery switch in it along with my front locker switch. Then when it came time to install it realized I did not have that back plate.... Time to find that part where all the switches attach too.

20140917_130653_zpsmhtuzpji.jpg

20140917_130656_zpsiaofude9.jpg

metzican

Suspension Lift
Found it.

[FONT=verdana, arial, sans-serif]25412-ZL45A[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, sans-serif]Ordered, To bad my switches will be sloppy rigged untill after went. Also I decided the DVR will not be fixed until after WENT when the weather cools on down.

on a good note I tested out my front locker for the first time and it seems like it does not leak at all!!! Thanks Rugged Rocks, you are awsome.
[/FONT]

granitex

Skid Plates
Founding Member
Heck of a run, and good hanging out with you during Went. How much stuff did you take out of the back before the run because you were running pretty heavy.

metzican

Suspension Lift
Heck of a run, and good hanging out with you during Went. How much stuff did you take out of the back before the run because you were running pretty heavy.

In all reality nothing. I put more stuff in it. Between the morning run and the photo I packed up all my camping gear and loaded that into the X. So I was maxed out in weight.