caseycamby's Build Thread

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
I'm thinking about doing the same. I just don't know how they'll do with a used one.. I was planning on calling them and seeing what they have to say.

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
Well a little update.. I traded the Kickers even for an Alpine Type R 12" sub. Takes up a lot less space back there. I met up with the dude though Craigslist and it turns out that he runs a car audio install place in Hickory. He told me he would install my Pioneer for a bunch of connectors that I picked up for less than 20 bucks at work. Compared to Best Buy's offer of over a 100 bucks, I was stoked! Should be getting it installed tomorrow afternoon! Pictures to follow..

Roadwarrior

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Well a little update.. I traded the Kickers even for an Alpine Type R 12" sub. Takes up a lot less space back there. I met up with the dude though Craigslist and it turns out that he runs a car audio install place in Hickory. He told me he would install my Pioneer for a bunch of connectors that I picked up for less than 20 bucks at work. Compared to Best Buy's offer of over a 100 bucks, I was stoked! Should be getting it installed tomorrow afternoon! Pictures to follow..
You'll love that.. Ported box?

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
I don't care for ported boxes. The bass gets too loose and sloppy. Sure, it's louder, but it's just not as precise as I want it to be.

Intender

Wheeling
only ported box I have ever had was an old bandpass box with two kicker 8's back in the mid 90's. Never cared for them myself either. The tightness of a properly built and sized sealed box is what I like personally. Those type r subs are nice though. I put some in a friends car a few years back and was impressed with them for the price.

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
Yeah may try to see how I like a sealed box.. I have a couple in the basement but I can't remember what I have haha. But yeah, pretty much all the reviews on the Alpine we're really good.

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
Got it in!

8CFEEA63-6278-4243-908D-99B9EE664D31_zpsa9yysqrn.jpg

473B7F6E-8D82-49D0-9310-0330C08C0DAC_zps5iofotue.jpg

FEEEA002-C148-422D-A934-4B70CDCD9384_zpsaezifilk.jpg

Still gotta find a little frame piece to go around it and wire the video bypass but I'm incredibly happy with it!

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Nice! Seriously thinking about doing mine. The Bluetooth in my single din plays audio from my phone, but not to all the speakers. Just the front two.

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
I just had an old regular single din before. No Bluetooth and earlier this year the USB port went out so it was all aux. It was a major upgrade!

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
A well needed update!

First and foremost.. Heim joint tie rods! Thanks to P&P!

84C663B5-98C9-4E66-AC41-B03EFC315FCF_zpsjolsalfv.jpg

D7581492-BF5A-4F7E-94CF-6EE35F89615F_zpsxicmj8h6.jpg

31021096-CD0C-4F55-AA69-6C899DCDFA70_zps8ev3p31u.jpg

Ay girl ;)

EE45643E-B7C1-409A-9D15-E85F288A44C5_zpskurolr3d.jpg

Coolant flush

9B8F2A4A-DDC4-4CBC-8E12-AC4F3BF80BF5_zps9vipkdwx.jpg

And I picked up 20,000 pound snatch block at HF. That thing is beefy! (hand for reference)

A47D4334-B9DA-4AED-9EC2-49E361A35852_zpsyqursx9q.jpg

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
If you're talking to me.... yeahhh hehe ;)

Notice the comparison shot. The OEM tie rod is the one we swapped on on the trail. I'm pretty sure it's slightly bent. I'm not sure if it was like that or I did that finishing out the trails that day.. either way, it held it good and have been running since that day and it hasn't worn the tires unevenly at all!