caseycamby's Build Thread

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
I'm using this to basically be a distribution for power for my switches and instead of tapping power in different places for each switch, I can have just one wire going to power and my switches going to the distribution block. To the best of my knowledge, these terminals are individual. Is there a more efficient way to do this?

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
You can eliminate that part and just run one wire up to the first switch and just daisy chain the switches. One long wire and the. Short jumpers to each switch. Rather than a bunch of long wires.

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
You can eliminate that part and just run one wire up to the first switch and just daisy chain the switches. One long wire and the. Short jumpers to each switch. Rather than a bunch of long wires.

Yeah that makes sense. I guess the advantage to this is not having to mess with the other switches when adding a new one. I plan on putting these under the dash so it shouldn't be too long of wires to have to run each time.

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
My day so far..

Finally got the new switch panel installed!

698DBB12-C6DD-4BD9-9D44-B1757DAAC9D6_zpsdaa3htob.jpg

89E18398-79DA-445D-95FB-85D643DD05E5_zps1cg7m3az.jpg

Then I started it up to make sure everything was all good and this happened...

8EA55D6D-5A23-4C72-BB12-91448486550B_zpsaa3tcxye.jpg

Coolant leak. Anybody see anything wrong with this hose?

65868C34-6717-451D-A773-0FA4D91829DC_zpsczxpv2t2.jpg

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
So I was able to crawl into the engine compartment and wiggle my hands behind the engine to get to the hose clamp! With the help of a nifty ratcheting stubby nut driver, it's tight and no more coolant leaks!

488ABF4A-4BF9-4840-B920-902B0EB1E059_zpssl9cpks8.jpg

I also have to give a shoutout to this flashlight. I used it working on the X last night. Well, I left it on the bumper, drove off to work this morning and ran it over. Got back this evening and the lens, o ring and cover came off. Despite the hard rains today, I put it all back together and works just as good as new. Not bad for a $8 Amazon flashlight.

22CB5854-0D8B-43F3-B051-2D3E2D5F5B16_zpsvfobyyg0.jpg

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
So I had a "fun" night of turning wrenches on the X. The plan was to swap the springs.

6C633C1B-6854-4BC7-95F6-F8EC8DA73713_zpsr9ucjuwf.jpg

The passenger side spring removal was going smoothly. Just a little hesitation on removing the nuts off the U bolt, but that was to be expected. Then, the bolt that held the the spring to the shackle decided to be difficult.

CF22FB37-CE09-4B7F-A572-5AE97F3C8A5F_zpsf7dn7u7u.jpg

So 4 hours later, a still stuck bolt, and a bent shackle, the bolt still hasn't freed. For the sake of our neighbors, we stopped banging and will try again maybe tomorrow. I've never seen a bolt so difficult.

7486A10B-6923-4880-96CD-65580C09DCBA_zps02k0s6th.jpg

So this is how she'll sit until we can get that bolt out and the shackle straightened up. I'm thinking I'm gonna take the shackle to my fabricator friend's place and have him straighten it up and reinforce it, if necessary. I really hope the other side isn't this difficult.

C81E3173-0201-4BE0-8910-6E295CED6E81_zpsx9p1oiqe.jpg

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
Day 2 update. The passenger is completely done. The driver side is missing one piece. Any guess? Yep! That same bolt on this side. This one, believe it or not, may be worse.

We ended up having to cut the bolt thinking it would help. It only made it a little easier to work with. We whaled on it much to free the bolt, the shackle around it started to give way. It's gonna be dropped off at my buddy's shop tomorrow.

EE3C0D38-681B-4AEE-8DD3-A7CA2225DA55_zps7paboyv8.jpg

908A2106-7159-4984-96CF-C5406C5BA20F_zpsdi1m6dr0.jpg

Xaggerated

Tricycle
Day 2 update. The passenger is completely done. The driver side is missing one piece. Any guess? Yep! That same bolt on this side. This one, believe it or not, may be worse.

We ended up having to cut the bolt thinking it would help. It only made it a little easier to work with. We whaled on it much to free the bolt, the shackle around it started to give way. It's gonna be dropped off at my buddy's shop tomorrow.

EE3C0D38-681B-4AEE-8DD3-A7CA2225DA55_zps7paboyv8.jpg

908A2106-7159-4984-96CF-C5406C5BA20F_zpsdi1m6dr0.jpg
What kind of voodoo magic did you put those bolts on with?

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
The craziest thing happened. Earlier, I was on my way to take the shackle to my buddy's shop for him to work his magic. When I checked it, the bolt nearly fell out on its own. We coated it with PB Blast before packing it up for the night. That's the only thing I can think of that may have done it. I still took it to him to straighten up. He even filled the gash we put in it with the cut off tool.

AF3328E8-CFA4-49B1-92A6-E2383712E225_zpskhcrvc1a.jpg

F8798F74-CA27-4E10-BEEE-98BAE30D0DA0_zpsm2wvvdui.jpg

And some paint to seal it all up and she'll be back under her own weight this evening!

157B3C71-F6CE-473B-8D42-640D2EB60B28_zpsrabfgeya.jpg

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
Well it's all back together and driving! So happy. It's definitely noticably lower than before. One of the lowest Xtetra I've seen on 35s. Since I completely swapped my leaf pack back to OE style, the only source of lift comes from the revolver shackles (aside from the body lift and the tires themselves). It's really close to level front to back. I'm happy with it!

E997F2C8-D75F-4FAB-A12D-86030EE26477_zpskd208mke.jpg

CEBA395D-EF09-48A7-ABBD-C4B1DC5A5E11_zpscnnuob8g.jpg

B7E3DAE9-ED7A-4444-B481-6D9CB7E9B366_zpszsw9mr89.jpg

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
Did a little updating to the stickers. Added some, took some away. I need to get a new Cowboys sticker as well. Also, didn't realize how cramped the "your daughter likes this" sticker so I'm gonna order another and put it somewhere else. It's cheap :D

FE2F506E-43A5-4236-BC69-F30D352AA1D7_zpskpnufq66.jpg

3BEC46B2-CFF4-4B57-8A45-A4C0C90AF7A4_zpspvjic6rv.jpg

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
Also today, I finally picked up a drivers side tail light from a junk yard. Put a little polish on and she looks like new!

7BD1127A-5AEF-417D-8A27-2214D10D5527_zps9uizrh1j.jpg

Also, while that was out, I finally got around to installed the filter for the rear diff breather. It's some kind of old school fuel filter. Carquest part # 86050 if you're interested. It fit very snuggly onto the hose. I have no worries of it slipping off.

1B431C31-7037-46E5-A745-D95AA8899F96_zpsslbycs3t.jpg

Finally, I did a little organizing to the rear to get prepped for WENT. There's still a few things to do back there but it's much better than it was haha

B587F596-3B9F-4E08-A703-BE0B9806AB96_zpsuaiknplg.jpg

Jack Stilts

Skid Plates
And here I thought you could never find a place for some new lights :D

Cool place for those fog lights.

Quick question, how long did that hi-lift cover last you? I've heard they fade and tear pretty quick.

I remember mine wore out after 1 season. Granted, it was housed outside and probably should be housed inside.

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
And here I thought you could never find a place for some new lights :D

I remember mine wore out after 1 season. Granted, it was housed outside and probably should be housed inside.

I still have some more tricks up my sleeve ;)

But yeah, keeping it stored would be ideal but that's my only way to change a tire. It'd basically make my spare tire useless.

ddddddd

Bought an X
I'm using this to basically be a distribution for power for my switches and instead of tapping power in different places for each switch, I can have just one wire going to power and my switches going to the distribution block. To the best of my knowledge, these terminals are individual. Is there a more efficient way to do this?

I know its too late, but just an FYI, you can get jumpers for those barrier strips like this:

http://media.digikey.com/Photos/Molex/0380021288.JPG

Can you tell me which make and model your fog lights are? Also, how do you like your clear headlights (and where did you get them)?

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
I know its too late, but just an FYI, you can get jumpers for those barrier strips like this:

http://media.digikey.com/Photos/Molex/0380021288.JPG

Can you tell me which make and model your fog lights are? Also, how do you like your clear headlights (and where did you get them)?

Okay yeah that makes much more sense haha but it was still kinda fun to do, regardless.

The fog lights as in the newer ones I added down low, or the amber in the bumper?

As for the headlights, just the looks of them are fantastic. Looks so much better than the cloudy, OE headlights. Their actual output is a little lacking. It's like the beam is too much of a spot instead of a more flood pattern. I use them with the fogs and it's sufficient. I got them on eBay a while back and it came with an HID kit but I ended up just using my old bulbs and selling the HID kit.

ddddddd

Bought an X
Okay yeah that makes much more sense haha but it was still kinda fun to do, regardless.

The fog lights as in the newer ones I added down low, or the amber in the bumper?

As for the headlights, just the looks of them are fantastic. Looks so much better than the cloudy, OE headlights. Their actual output is a little lacking. It's like the beam is too much of a spot instead of a more flood pattern. I use them with the fogs and it's sufficient. I got them on eBay a while back and it came with an HID kit but I ended up just using my old bulbs and selling the HID kit.

Yeah the new fogs down low, what are those?

I really wish there was a decent drop in solution for replacing the OE headlights on gen 1s. The OE ones are so bad and cloudy.

caseycamby

Suspension Lift