My soldering station for the day.. don't mind the clutter haha

F0906520-A196-4BD5-B0D9-72A800F9DF4B_zpsfc4ejevq.jpg

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
So I got everything all soldered up, nice and pretty annndddddddddd

they don't fit :0mg:

A0F6B6DB-3456-4810-8587-98EE8338793D_zpspskz4zsg.jpg

3E57ACAA-6F9C-4112-B664-1E6D3C99FA54_zpscs9abmpm.jpg

Any suggestions on making these work? Orrrrr am I just screwed?

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Oh noes!

Yeah. Your only recourse is to remove the bracket and replace it. Unless they'll line up by mounting it upside down and drilling by the top and bolting through the top plate of the bumper.

Tay-Lo

I'm the king of junk food!
Or for the to close just get a little piece of metal ....drill a hole on each end...mount it....basically make an extention for the mount

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
Oh noes!

Yeah. Your only recourse is to remove the bracket and replace it. Unless they'll line up by mounting it upside down and drilling by the top and bolting through the top plate of the bumper.

I think if I mounted it upside down.. the bolt would come through the top side of the bumper in front of the grill. So I would have two random bolts sticking up on the top of my bumper haha. Which I wouldn't be too terribly opposed to if it would work...

Or for the to close just get a little piece of metal ....drill a hole on each end...mount it....basically make an extention for the mount

Could you explain that a little more haha

Looks to me like there's a ridge that needs to be filed down. Light not able to be fully vertical?

Yeah it won't fully stand up before it hits the top plate on the bumper

Muadeeb

Nissan al Gaib
Admin
Oooh.... Reverse the mount so you place the nut in the bracket. Now slide the light in so you don't have to tilt it. The screw the bolt up into the mount.

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
I don't believe there will be enough room for the bolt to go all the way through.. unless I was to cut it. Even still, I'm not too sure the light will stand up there even without having to tilt it. Let me go check.

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
I'm gonna try to do what I have in mind first but if that doesn't work.. it may come to that haha

Thanks for all your help guys! It's really appreciated!

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
I haven't done anything with them yet.. They're probaby gonna go somewhere on the roof... I'll just have to see where I like them the most haha. They're just the round 4 inch and white LED.

joshuas10

Test Drive
I would try a button head cap screw and see if it will give you the clearance you need. It should has a much lower head than the hex head cap screw you have. Also is there a link for those tie rod ends? Thanks

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
I would try a button head cap screw and see if it will give you the clearance you need. It should has a much lower head than the hex head cap screw you have. Also is there a link for those tie rod ends? Thanks

I have an idea in my head... We'll see how it plays out haha. But on the tie rods, I believe I'm the first one (beside the guy that made them) to have them. They're from P&P. Your best bet will be to contact them directly. HERE is their website.

Last edited:

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
So I noticed a stud was missing from my warn hubs and one was half way out.. I was able to pick up some at work to replace it. In case anybody is wondering... Dorman Help part number 03411 is what you need to replace it without going to Warn. Hopefully that'll help somebody out one day!

lbishop

Need Bigger Tires
Have you painted those tre's?

Finally got some decent weather to paint mine. Did you do any taping or do you paint bolts and all?
Or just the main length of them

Sorry if it's a dumb question lol

lbishop

Need Bigger Tires
hey casey did sand yours or do any kind of prep work?

I just shot a coat of bed liner on mine and it just peeled off, I used rusto truck bed coating on them