The Great Post Whore Society 4 - dead men tell no tales

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecoalition

Call me Daddy
Here you go - bad lighting - green tint due to some residual algae and more bad lighting:
5swwkO8.jpg

Tay-Lo

I'm the king of junk food!
Been creepin on my own apartment while at work......even though nobodys there.....still weird to be able to watch it.....I'll probably take the cam down at some point since I don't have plans to be gone.

bottobro

I'm a pretty girl!
Supporting Member
So. Today sucked. A simple 6 hour drive turned into 12 hours.

The X's radiator freaking went on the way back to school. Couldn't find a shop open on a sunday to take a look and I could only drive so far without it overheating.

She's now 4 hours and roughly 200 miles away. That's going to be fun to find time and pick up.

Malin_Rebate

Skid Plates

The X's radiator freaking went on the way back to school. Couldn't find a shop open on a sunday to take a look and I could only drive so far without it overheating.

She's now 4 hours and roughly 200 miles away. That's going to be fun to find time and pick up.

Good luck sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TJTJ

Skid Plates
Founding Member

Did you make sure its not just the dash gauge reading hot?

You can check it against the OBD port reading, as that uses a different sensor.

Did you see if its just a loose/worn sealed radiator cap?

Or did the rad explode, etc?

:D

TheFauxFox

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
TJ,

Well... Traveling back up to school after going home for a short weekend. It's roughly 6 hours 330 miles. I've done it so many times with the X it was nothing new. The truck hit 119K and then the water temp shot up to 260. Thats when I pulled over and saw coolant all over the passenger side and wheelwell.

Hard to find an open shop on a Sunday.

Ended up radiator went earlier than expected. I was hoping to get a SC one in there this summer but things changed.

From this post.

bottobro

I'm a pretty girl!
Supporting Member
Yea, it didnt like explode but it kinda did, lol I have a scan gauge so I watch the temp. First shop though it was the waterpump. Toped it off with antifreeze and I was going to try and make it back to school. Started going up a steep incline. The temp just jumped again and i pulled over and coolant was dripping all over the passenger side suspension and wheelwell. Limped to a different shop. They said it was the radiator. So i left it there and I'll find time at the end of the week to get it

thecoalition

Call me Daddy
Appt made with the ortho doc...b/c my shoulder is still hurting after almost 3 weeks...not looking forward to this considering I have already had multiple shoulder surgeries.

Cruecible

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/pts/4981066980.html

Basically these are for a lifted Tacoma. The compressed and extended lengths will be perfect for my lifted Xterra. The only thing is that, according to a post from TJ, the valving needs to be a certain number. These are 178/94 and TJ said it should be 255/70 in his post. Will these work alright for me? (Compressed is 16.14" and extended is 25.98")

Whores, don't fail me now!!!!

gamecock257

Skid Plates
Got the old 4wheel drive I'd been looking for today.
82b19bfc06b2e43c0f164594ab4daa25.jpg
6dcfc61e11a1e37e93ff4ad19bf92d8c.jpg

85 Toyota 4x4
22re 5speed
Last year of the solid front axle
104k miles

Been wanting this truck for at least 6months. Guy finally decided to sell and I jumped on it. It's in really good shape for the age, and the low mileage is almost unbelievable. Very little rust considering these things are notorious for it. Few odds and ends to do to it, but it's basically daily driver worthy now. Hope it's as good to me as it was to the previous owner.

TheFauxFox

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Got the old 4wheel drive I'd been looking for today.
85 Toyota 4x4
22re 5speed
Last year of the solid front axle
104k miles

Been wanting this truck for at least 6months. Guy finally decided to sell and I jumped on it. It's in really good shape for the age, and the low mileage is almost unbelievable. Very little rust considering these things are notorious for it. Few odds and ends to do to it, but it's basically daily driver worthy now. Hope it's as good to me as it was to the previous owner.

I really wanted one of these trucks. You found a pretty solid truck right there at 104k.

Status
Not open for further replies.