Xterror04 Build Thread

bottobro

I'm a pretty girl!
Supporting Member
There was alot of aftermarket parts in that IFS and steering setup...I wonder where they went......

But otherwise moving fast lol, excited to see this rig again after the SAS

xterror04

Site sponsor
Founding Member
That's pretty sudden. And badass! Is it mobile yet?

Well I have been planning it after a lot a went repairs... Tired of fixing all the ifs parts...

It will roll, lol... My new springs will be here Wednesday, and should go on that day to... I need to figure out my steering arm but other then that everything else is waiting install... I hope to be driving this weekend

xterror04

Site sponsor
Founding Member
There was alot of aftermarket parts in that IFS and steering setup...I wonder where they went...... But otherwise moving fast lol, excited to see this rig again after the SAS

Sold the a-arms already... Everything else is taking up room in the garage... Once I get nice weather and can clean stuff up I'll be posting a for sale thread

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Well I have been planning it after a lot a went repairs... Tired of fixing all the ifs parts...

It will roll, lol... My new springs will be here Wednesday, and should go on that day to... I need to figure out my steering arm but other then that everything else is waiting install... I hope to be driving this weekend
I would like to know more. I'm certainly not opposed to doing leafs. Less headache and stuff to go wrong.

xterror04

Site sponsor
Founding Member
I would like to know more. I'm certainly not opposed to doing leafs. Less headache and stuff to go wrong.

Yep that's why I chose them, i will give a better write up once everything is done... And I'm on a computer...

But This will be completed for less then $2000

xterraminator

Wheeling
I cringe every time I see someone laying under a truck not blocked up and only on jack stands. Stack some nice cider blocks with wood 2x4's and your at least safe. When doing a sas and your truck is on little stands like this extra measures sure give you a peace of mind. I don't care what the rating is, things move. Work safe!!!

NMTerras

Suspension Lift
I cringe every time I see someone laying under a truck not blocked up and only on jack stands. Stack some nice cider blocks with wood 2x4's and your at least safe. When doing a sas and your truck is on little stands like this extra measures sure give you a peace of mind. I don't care what the rating is, things move. Work safe!!!

I assume you meant cinder blocks, not cider blocks...which is TERRIBLE advice. Cinder blocks are NOT safe. Just to be clear, 1) use Jack stands and 2) it doesn't hurt to have a failsafe like tires/wheels under there too in case something does happen. If you HAVE to use cinder blocks, make sure you use 2x4's with them to span the block so as to eliminate pressure points where concrete can crumble. Finally, orient the blocks so the holes are facing up, not sideways. But it's not a good idea, so don't do it...

I use jack stands, with my floor jack engaged as a backup and, if possible, wheels and tires on the ground under the sides of the vehicle forjustincase.

But Don't Take My Word For It...

DC xterra

Wheeling
:yawn: enough with the cinder blocks we get it ....

on the other hand, nice sas man i wana see more pictures and some info im liking this leaf set up alot!

xterror04

Site sponsor
Founding Member
:yawn: enough with the cinder blocks we get it .... on the other hand, nice sas man i wana see more pictures and some info im liking this leaf set up alot!

It's coming, I'm really hoping to be on the road this weekend, after a few miles I'll provide a good write up of what I used and how it works

robcarync

Sliders
It's coming, I'm really hoping to be on the road this weekend, after a few miles I'll provide a good write up of what I used and how it works

Yes...write it up. I want details!

This always happens to me...I invest money into the typical bolt on mods and then the itch starts for the custom build. Too bad I have the Lokka and diff drop bushings installed. The complete pain that was the diff drop bushings alone makes me want to keep it just to spite them.

DC xterra

Wheeling

sweet man! i wanted to do it for a while just dont have the balls for it yet lol, also 8gs for a sas was a bit much for me

Intender

Wheeling
looking forward to seeing how this works out. I have wheeled with a few guys that did leafs and they had issues with the drivshaft coming apart. I guess a trackbar could fix that though. awesome seeing this happen so fast though.

04silverX

Bought an X
Well Jeremy I think Kellis biggest issue was he Just used to long and soft of a spring. They have to much flex and cause to much axle wrap. Because Brian's (Houdini) rig has been on tons and leaf sprins for ever and gets awesome flex and really no driveshaft issues unless he blows it on a rock.

xterror04

Site sponsor
Founding Member
Forum runner won't let me post more then one pic at a time, lol it will be going off pavement March 28

Attachments

• image-2712556673.jpg
    image-2712556673.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 84