Ecxc 2014!

smflogo.gif

http://www.ecxc.com/

Last edited:

Bklyn.X

Skid Plates
Supporting Member
Founding Member
A few updates for those of you planning to attend The East Coast Xterra Challenge this year;

There are only 61 days left to sign up for the event. Early sign up not only helps the folks trying to organize the event it is a useful tool for soliciting vendors for donations.

Please, if you are even thinking of attending go sign up now HERE! You are not “Locked In” until you pay.

The great folks of Greater Pennsylvania Area Xterras (GPAX) are hosting a “Recovery Session“ on the Friday morning of ECXC this year.
Half of the morning attendees can come to the obstacle course and learn how to use a Hi-Lift, winch and spot. The other half, you will go to the trails and do it all in a real world situation.
This will be a great opportunity for you to learn the basics from friendly folks with years of expert experience that know the park, the recovery equipment and knowledge you need in order to fully enjoy your off-road adventure. Most importantly they know your Xterra!

See the “Friday Morning Recovery Session” thread on the ECXC board HERE for details and sign up instructions.

To date not one of the 19 trucks signed up to run Intermediate trails on Saturday volunteered to lead a group. It would be great to have at least 3 groups at this level of trails so we are looking for 3 leaders.
As a thank you and an added incentive each chosen ECXC trail leader volunteer will receive an Official NEXterra ANSI, ISEA107 Class 2 hi-visibility TRAIL LEADER vest!

See the “Trail Leader” thread on the ECXC board HERE for needed qualifications and instructions on how to volunteer.

That’s all I got for ya now, hope to see you on the trail at ECXC this year!

Last edited:

XterraGT

Bought an X
I'm already all signed up. When can we expect to make things official or "locked-in" and pay any reg. fee's? I'm well aware of RC's daily fees.

Bklyn.X

Skid Plates
Supporting Member
Founding Member
I'm already all signed up. When can we expect to make things official or "locked-in" and pay any reg. fee's? I'm well aware of RC's daily fees.
In the past it has always been in the beginning of June so I anticipate the same this year. I’ll post up when I’m given a date…

MissFire

Test Drive
Totally going to sound like a noob right now, but I'm curious as to what this event is about.
Do you actually have a challenge course picked out for Rausch? I took a look at the ECXC forum, but didn't find my answer.
I've wheeled Rausch before, but an all X run sounds like fun.
I also couldn't find the registration fee, is there one other than parks daily fee's?

Bklyn.X

Skid Plates
Supporting Member
Founding Member
There will be a “Competition” but that will be a separate sign up announced a bit latter.
The “Challenge” is you and I getting our Xterra’s out of the mall parking lot and into the woods!
When you sign up you will be asked what type of trails you would like to run (Click Here for Trail Ratings) on each day you plan to attend.
You will be assigned into a group of likeminded, outgoing Xterra owners to run the trails you want to run with a Trail Leader that knows the park and your truck!
Your sign up before the June 17th cut off just holds a spot for you and helps the organizers plan the event. You are not locked in until you pay the registration fee.
They started collecting a $30 registration fee last year in the beginning of June. The fee included one catered dinner Saturday evening at Twin Grove Campground, an event T-Shirt, and sticker. I anticipate the same this year.
The registration fee does not include access to the park. Still kind of inexpensive compared to Jamboree and FJ events I’ve seen.
Hope you take the “challenge” with us and sign up today! http://www.ecxc.com/index.php?go=signup

Bklyn.X

Skid Plates
Supporting Member
Founding Member
ECXC Trail Groups update CLICK HERE.

If you are planning on camping at Twin Grove for ECXC and have not booked your tent sites do so immediately. I was told yesterday that there are only 14 sites remaining for the weekend.

Tell them you are with ECXC for a 10% discount on the rates. I was told the tent sites are in the same general area, there's no special tent area for ECXC.

http://twingrove.com/, Phone - 717-865-4602.

Bklyn.X

Skid Plates
Supporting Member
Founding Member
When I registered I completely left out my sliders on the mod list, boneheaded move. Is there a way I can go back and edit it?

I can ask one of the mods to change it if you really want but it's not that important as long as the trails you picked are accurate.

Wondering how much $$ to set aside for the event? Eric put together a quick breakdown of some of the costs; CLICK HERE

Last edited:

01XterraPhilly

First Fill-Up (of many)
im torn...i really want to go but i have a wedding that weekend in east bumblef**k PA for a college friend. id honest rather go to ECXC but i gotta see. also i gotta see if i can get off for that

TJTJ

Skid Plates
Founding Member
im torn...i really want to go but i have a wedding that weekend in east bumblef**k PA for a college friend. id honest rather go to ECXC but i gotta see. also i gotta see if i can get off for that

Maybe 3 years ago, a guy came to ECXC in a tuxedo from his brother's wedding....AND it was his first time offroading.

01XterraPhilly

First Fill-Up (of many)
Sadly I must withdraw. I got my college buddy's wedding that weekend near Ohio. I was really looking forward to attending this year. Maybe I'll make it up with the back to school run in Syracuse or wherever it's at.

Bklyn.X

Skid Plates
Supporting Member
Founding Member
Sorry you won't be joining the party bro. Hope to see you on the trail sometime soon.

I’m hoping some of you new folk sign up in the next 5 days and then attend. I think the Friday “Recovery Dayâ€￾ would be worth the trip for anyone new to this stuff.

01XterraPhilly

First Fill-Up (of many)
yeah definitely sad about this one. i wanted to make it sooo bad as last years was awesome. maybe we can get a small group to go one weekend and what not. we'll see how everything turns out

Bklyn.X

Skid Plates
Supporting Member
Founding Member
For those who have signed up, but have not paid yet, there are still 15 days left to pay for the event. However, they need to put in our shirt order by June 20 - this Friday. If you do not pay by June 20, an event shirt will not be ordered for you.

Bklyn.X

Skid Plates
Supporting Member
Founding Member
44 paid, fully registered drivers, 29 pending with only 6 days left to pay! Niiice. You 29 slickers pay up or get shut out yo!

Bklyn.X

Skid Plates
Supporting Member
Founding Member
A week away!
The final draft of the Trail Groups has been set. Please check them HERE and find your Group!
You should check out Rausch Creek on their site LINK.
You can get directions to the park HERE and check out the rules HERE.
You should download and print out the membership application/waiver (HERE) and the parental waiver (HERE) if you need it, so that you can fill them out BEFORE you get to the park.
On the day(s) you are scheduled to run trails please plan to be in the Rausch parking lot by 0800 the latest.
I will be there along with NEXTerra officers; Eric, Mike, Suresh, Tiffany and Curt and your Trail Leader to meet you. We will be identified by a NEXterra safety vest.
All of the officers and I will have a list of the Trail Groups so that we can help direct you to your line up spot within your Group as you arrive.
The plan is to line up behind your Trail Leader as you arrive in the Rausch Parking Lot; “Group 1â€, “Group 2, Group 3, etc… side by side from the office side to the road side.
The Rausch Office opens at 0800 so after your truck is in place you should go pay and then get your rig ready for the day (air down, etc.).
After you are good to go ya might want to help get other members of your Group lined up, sent to the office to pay and in shape to wheel.
As soon as your group is complete and your Leader is ready you can hit the trails. We are hoping to get everyone out by 0900-0930…wishful I know but that’s the plan…
Even though the Groups are “locked in†nothing is written in stone. If ya get to the park and decide you want to change Groups just find me and we will try and work it out. We are all here to have a good time yo!
PM me on the ECXC or NEXTerra board with any questions you may have. I’m looking forward to seeing you next week!

TJTJ

Skid Plates
Founding Member
A week away!

The final draft of the Trail Groups has been set. Please check them HERE and find your Group!

You should check out Rausch Creek on their site LINK.

You can get directions to the park HERE and check out the rules HERE.

You should download and print out the membership application/waiver (HERE) and the parental waiver (HERE) if you need it, so that you can fill them out BEFORE you get to the park.

On the day(s) you are scheduled to run trails please plan to be in the Rausch parking lot by 0800 the latest.

I will be there along with NEXTerra officers; Eric, Mike, Suresh, Tiffany and Curt and your Trail Leader to meet you. We will be identified by a NEXterra safety vest.

All of the officers and I will have a list of the Trail Groups so that we can help direct you to your line up spot within your Group as you arrive.

The plan is to line up behind your Trail Leader as you arrive in the Rausch Parking Lot; “Group 1”, “Group 2, Group 3, etc… side by side from the office side to the road side.

The Rausch Office opens at 0800 so after your truck is in place you should go pay and then get your rig ready for the day (air down, etc.).

After you are good to go ya might want to help get other members of your Group lined up, sent to the office to pay and in shape to wheel.

As soon as your group is complete and your Leader is ready you can hit the trails. We are hoping to get everyone out by 0900-0930…wishful I know but that’s the plan…

Even though the Groups are “locked in” nothing is written in stone. If ya get to the park and decide you want to change Groups just find me and we will try and work it out. We are all here to have a good time yo!

PM me on the ECXC or NEXTerra board with any questions you may have. I’m looking forward to seeing you next week!

I had to add some line spaces to make it readable/not so much a wall of text.

:D

Bklyn.X

Skid Plates
Supporting Member
Founding Member
You're so full of crap...you read walls of text every freakin day yo...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk