Jumping in, from Red Lion, PA

XterraGT

Bought an X
Hello all, my name is TJ and I've stumbled across the site after spending a week at another site. So I'm gonna copy/paste some posts over like this welcome posts I made, please forgive me haha.

Hi, my name is TJ and hopefully will soon be the owner of a 2001 Silver 5spd V6 Xterra.

Assuming everything checks out, everything appears in decent shape. I need to to a timing belt off the bat but probably not till it is a little warmer. I kind of familiar with he X's, my dad owned a 2005 that went the strawberry route but Nissan covered everything.

The family has owned Nissans since 1985 including a Hardbody, a 1990 Stanza, a 1998 Altima, the 2005 X, a 2007 Versa, and a 2009 Pathfinder to replace the X once it was totaled. I personally have owned a 2003 Ford Ranger, a 2001 F150, and currently have a 2004 Mustang GT.

Assuming I get the price worked out on this 2001 X, and retest drive and determine as to whether there is any major issue with a vibration (See thread in Repair, any comments help) I hope to get that home and spend quite a bit more time here than I have researching the past week.

And this post a couple days later:

So it is official, I purchased the X. So it looks like I will be around for awhile. I'm familiar with car forums, was very involved on Ranger Forums (probably why that was my most modded truck).

I posted and used F-150 Online but didn't get too involved. I did do a full picture front end rebuild consisting of ball joints and inner/outter tie rod ends. Just a floor jack and 1/2 ton sized hubs and arms and what not make for a long weekend. (all those are on photobucket)

Currently my other car is baby, my 40th Anniversary Mustang GT, black on black 5 speed. Best mod, under 50,000 miles. Exhaust from previous owner, no other performance mods for now. Never active on any mustang forum as of yet, too many knuckleheads floating around.

But now the plan is to dump money into the X until I'm satisfied. Current plan is timing belt, followed by seafoam and all other possible PM until I am for sure that I have a rock solid base to build from, then we can mod away, and I'll just keep the good car parked.

I'll be starting a build thread but it will be more of a log thread until all the minor stuff is done. So from everything I've read searching this is a great source of people here so here's to the Xterra! Keep calm and Chive on! My entire photobucket is here:
if your that bored...

XterraGT
TJ

XterraGT

Bought an X
Thanks! Yeah I hope so, the build thread in my Sig has more details and pics. I'll feel more comfortable once the belt is done, haha. After some browsing I might even attempt WENT if stock X will survive haha

Sent from mobile

XterraGT

Bought an X
Thanks all. On my way to Sears to grab any specialty tools for the timing belt job and hopefully order the kit Thursday. Might stop at some audio store too and if it's warm again tomorrow breathe some more life back into my X. :tunes:

Last edited:

XTorrey

First Fill-Up (of many)
Welcome! Made the husband a little sad with the mention of the Mustang (sold his 2007 GT), so I've been told that some day he needs another.

Sent from the wastelands of Tatooine

XterraGT

Bought an X
I was gonna trade it when I got the X to take a load off finacially, and was told by my spouse and mother that I would be sad and depressed about it if I did, so Im trying to keep both. Now where to find money to mod both, do All Ford nationals, and WENT haha

Sent from mobile

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
The real fun is at GoneMoab.

Or so you think ;)
y8aqubez.jpg

Went scout run today :)

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Welcome to XN!
I was gonna trade it when I got the X to take a load off finacially, and was told by my spouse and mother that I would be sad and depressed about it if I did, so Im trying to keep both. Now where to find money to mod both, do All Ford nationals, and WENT haha

Sent from mobile
And welcome to my world! Hehe.

I've got an 87 T-Top Mustang GT that is currently in the midst of a Cobra IRS swap. Thankfully, I just paid off the X. So it makes it a little easier. But having the money to mod two vehicles is very difficult.

As far as X forums, look no further, this place is it. You'll never find a better group of X owners, dare I say, people on the Internet.

As far as Mustang forums, the only one that I've ever used is StangNet. I've been a member over there for almost 15 years. By far the least abrasive Mustang forum out there.

XterraGT

Bought an X
Yeah unfortunately ClubX seems slow, but they do have a good timing belt thread. I googled Xterra's when I first started considering it and some threads over there came up first and it looked legit (which it is, I've seen far worse). SI paid for a membership over there and then after like a week someone on their FB group mentioned XN when advertising Xterra Offroad or something so I checked it and also subscribed here. :happy: I'm supporting all the way around, got all my bases covered haha.

As far as stangs I can tell you I absolutely love 4 eyed foxes. My new edge would have to have some serious work to touch a good 302 but it is fun to drive. In a perfect world Id like to have a horse for course if you know what I mean haha. I've bookmarked several things on stangnet and use that for info and have a username somewhere on my laptop I think but never actively posted.

And after the Facebook pic last night and the one in this thread, WENT is nicely planned like 2 weeks after my bday so that's looking awesome. Goin to Ford Nationals is easy its 45 minutes away in Carlisle, PA. I originally went to AFN in 2011, bought my car in fall 11, spent an entire weekend detailing it for AFN 2012, had a hotel ready, had the car in the show, was all excited and on Tuesday completely shattered my ankle and began 3 month with no walking... Here is me on opening day AFN2012 2 days later:

005_AFN2012_opening_day.jpg

I've also been on a eat clean and training campaign since early November and can proudly say I no longer look that big and the car looks way better than me in this pic haha! Didnt do or go to AFN 2013 but with Stangs 50th Anny this year I'm trying to find the moeny to register and hotels and all that. BUT DONT FRET XN, I've got months to try and get ready for a party in TN!

Sent from mobile / Fixed on desktop!

Last edited:

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Cx has 10 years on us ;) I used to help run it but was worn thin by the membership money never going back into the community. So we started this place...

Wentwindrock was called the national Xterra meet.. Last year Nissan asked us if we would like to include all Nissan trucks.. Who could say no ;)
Went offered trails for all types of adventurers stock to rock!

Glad you found us man...

XterraGT

Bought an X
We'll be doing some Moab pre-runs next weekend with some of the SLC/Denver crew-I'm a little jealous of your pics when we're stuck at home this weekend, Dave!

TJ, I've got another Mustang event that you might want to check out one of these years. It's one of Sponge's favorites.

http://www.rockymountainmustangroundup.org/index.html

That'd be one hell of a cruise driving out to CO. I need the X so I can bring snowboards and check out some real mountains!

XTorrey

First Fill-Up (of many)
That'd be one hell of a cruise driving out to CO. I need the X so I can bring snowboards and check out some real mountains!

If you make it out this way for next year's Gone event, let us know! We're always looking for excuses to hit the trails and camp so we'd be happy to show you around.

Kyle

Wheeling
Welcome. I know Red Lion. I've been there quite a few times. Welcome from Williamsburg VA (previously from and returning to soon - Myerstown PA).

Last edited:

Kyle

Wheeling
Don't mean to threadjack but did you move Cal? I thought you were in VA?

Sent via my walkie talkie

It's complicated. I grew up a military brat.

1988-2001 Lived in Hampton Roads VA
2001-2010 Lived in Myerstown PA
2011-2015 Lived in Williamsburg VA

Now bear with me cause I am projecting now...

2015 Moving to Myerstown PA
2016 Moving to Williamsburg VA

Long story short: I was from VA, moved to PA as a preteen with my parents, joined the Air Force at 23 and was stationed back in VA, and now that I'm leaving the Air Force going back to PA for a temporary period of time (to live with my parents to recoup in the economy). My Dad just bought 5 acres of land in Williamsburg so the family will move there and I'll move with them (or back into my old apartment here).
Complicated. I know. My entire life revolves around PA and VA and I drive often between the two :)

Edit: Confusion probably was because I typo'ed my original reply and wrote "Williamsburg PA" rather "Williamsburg VA" (as it should be).

I still maintain very close ties with PA. I still pay taxes in PA. My residence is and voting district is in PA. I have EMT certification in PA and still am an active member with a PA volunteer department. I live VA.

Fromfrontier2Xterra

I bought a Taco
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Kyle

Wheeling
I just realized this is a zombie thread from march lol. The first guy revived it and none of us have paid any attention to the op date.