Carolina/Virginia Cabin

Diadaga

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
Now my question for you guys is this, my gf is coming with me this year and will be splitting costs with me since it's only a 2 bedroom do yall have an issue with mw grabbing one of the bedrooms for us?

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
I wouldn't have a problem... I'm good with a bed, couch, roof, whatever haha. And Tay to what you said last on the other thread, I see what you're saying, we need to find a happy mediem between cost and comfort ;) but yeah too many people would suck..

Anyway,

1. Tay-lo
2. caseycamby

Tay-Lo

I'm the king of junk food!
One of the bedrooms has a queen in it the other has 2 bunk beds so yeah bring her along and take the queen bed.

Casey yeah the whole point to me for a nice cabin is being comfy.....other wise if it was just for a shower the other crappy cabins would be fine......starting to sound like this one will have 5 right now so 1 or 2 more would be good......get 7 people and the price goes down to $28/night plus tax......I need to talk to my buddy to see if hes going to go....but he has school so we shall see

Diadaga

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
If yall are good with it then I will jump in with yall and I agree Casey I don't think it should go over maybe 6 people depending on if yall don't mind spooning in the bed or the couch since it's a sleeper. Also are yall showing up on the 23rd or 24th?

1. Tay-lo
2. caseycamby
3. Diadaga +1

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
If the deluxe cabins are anything like the checkin cabin, there's no privacy. Just bunk beds in every room. The one we stayed in last year there was Me, the wife, Dave, Kelly, Tucker, some other kid one night....and I think Amish one night. All in the same room. The other room was Luke & Jenna, Danamigo, Scott and his wife.

Don't get me wrong, it was not cramped at all. Very comfortable. But not private.

Last edited:

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
I'll let you guys in on something... These cabins book months and months out.. So don't wait too long..

Diadaga

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
If the deluxe cabins are anything like the checkin cabin, there's no privacy. Just bunk beds in every room. The one we stayed in last year there was Me, the wife, Dave, Kelly, Tucker, some other kid one night....and I think Amish one night. All in the same room. The other room was Luke & Jenna, Danamigo, Scott and his wife.

Don't get me wrong, it was not cramped at all. Very comfortable. But not private.

The hell why are they showing an actual bed in the video then?

***Talked to Kelly I'm gonna call windrock either tomorrow or monday and find out if they still have cabins open and figure out the bed situation for the ones that are open.

Last edited:

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
They have a few different options .. Bunk cabins are 2 bunk beds 4 beds total. They have a shower and microwave. Not bad for the price..

They have new full cabins.. If I remember right no tv.. But they are a little house..

Tay-Lo

They have a few different options .. Bunk cabins are 2 bunk beds 4 beds total. They have a shower and microwave. Not bad for the price..

They have new full cabins.. If I remember right no tv.. But they are a little house..

Yeah the big ones are what we're talking about.....gonna par-TAY

Diadaga

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
We don't have to prepay correct? Just pay when we get there?

Not sure I will ask when I call em and get all the details I can. Depending on when yall leave out on the convoy up I will join up with yall but I will have to see what time I get outta classes on the 24th.

gamecock257

Skid Plates
I'll go ahead and put my name down. Looking forward to having a roof over my head this year.

1. Tay-lo
2. caseycamby
3. Diadaga +1
4. gamecock257

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diadaga

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
Sitting at about $140 +tax a piece for 4 nights which isn't bad at all. Honestly depending on how yall feel and how many beds we end up having in the place I'm good with what we have maybe 1 or 2 more.

gamecock257

Skid Plates
So are we planning on staying Wed-sat night? Trail runs still Thursday-Saturday this year? Other wise sounds good to me.

Diadaga

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
Yeah from everything I've seen on the staff side Wed is show up and set up day then runs start on Thurs. I may have forgotten something on Wed but I know when I showed up early last year I just went and helped Dave get the banners hung at the event area and got myself settled in.

Diadaga

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
Ok went ahead and reserved us a cabin we've got 1 queen bed (mine) 4 twin beds and 1 queen sleeper sofa. So we can spread out without tripping over each other.

gamecock257

Skid Plates
Ok went ahead and reserved us a cabin we've got 1 queen bed (mine) 4 twin beds and 1 queen sleeper sofa. So we can spread out without tripping over each other.

So you and your girl have the queen. Casey, Tay-lo, and myself each get a twin. So we have 1 twin and a sleeper sofa left. I say we get at least 2 more people to split costs. What do you guys think?

Tay-Lo

So you and your girl have the queen. Casey, Tay-lo, and myself each get a twin. So we have 1 twin and a sleeper sofa left. I say we get at least 2 more people to split costs. What do you guys think?

Don't forget Casey and myself have already called dibs on the bottom bunks.

I'm personally ok with splitting with 5 people there....doubt anybody will want to sleep in the common area with people being up all night.....I'll talk to my buddy to see if he plans on tagging along but he won't have a truck but might have his 4-wheeler....just depends on his school schedule.

Tay-Lo

So my buddy says he's in. so all of the real beds are spoken for....we have 6 on the list now.....anybody opposed to closing the door on this list?

1. Tay-lo +friend
2. caseycamby
3. Diadaga +1
4. gamecock257

gamecock257

Skid Plates
I'm fine with a top bunk, the ladders in the virtual tour actually don't look to bad. It's up to you guys on whether or not you want someone sleeping on the couch. I personally think we have plenty of room for one more person and I'm all for anything we can do to lower the cost a bit more. But even with what we have now, the cost doesn't look too bad.

Tay-Lo

I guess the reason I'm pushing to keep people out of the main room is because I tend to get up before everybody and don't want to creep around so I don't wake them up.

I've gone to the beach with people and stayed in the same hotel room....I kept waking up at 7:30 so I would go for a run and get back before they got up