2015 Xterra confirmed with redesign?

Frogstar7055

Wheeling
So I take it your ready to see an Xterra badge on a crossover with independent suspension on all corners, part time PTO driven AWD without a transfer case, a complex and impossible to modify suspension, less ground clearance, smaller tires, more plastic, feminine styling, and no guts? They haven't done that before, right? (Pathfinder, cough cough.)

Don't forget unibody.
That's exactly what I'd be afraid of.

ericcris10sen

First Fill-Up (of many)
I hope they don't make it ugly as hell. The look of the Xterra is what caught my eyes since I saw it for the first time. DO NOT make any stupid cosmetic changes to it. I think it's fine how it is!! I really don't want to sound judgmental before it has even been shown to the public or even probably completed, but saying it's completely redesigned? That makes me cringe at what might happen to it. I will never forgive them if they take away what I love about Xterras!

2011XTERROR

Wheeling
I hope they don't make it ugly as hell. The look of the Xterra is what caught my eyes since I saw it for the first time. DO NOT make any stupid cosmetic changes to it. I think it's fine how it is!! I really don't want to sound judgmental before it has even been shown to the public or even probably completed, but saying it's completely redesigned? That makes me cringe at what might happen to it. I will never forgive them if they take away what I love about Xterras!

dude i am right there with you. if they kept the EXACT same design for 20 more years i would STILL buy another. i think it looks perfect.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
dude i am right there with you. if they kept the EXACT same design for 20 more years i would STILL buy another. i think it looks perfect.

While there are many in this community who feel as you do. Myself included. The thing is, we are not the target market for the Xterra. At this point, I'm not sure Nissan knows who the target market should be. I'm hoping that their involvement in WENT will show at least some of them. At any rate, the exterior has to be updated to stay current.

The other thing you have to realize is that the body will be 10 years old at that point. For auto makers that is unacceptable. No body style lasts that long. Something has to change. Now we can hope that any changes will be cosmetic and for the better. But that's all we can do. If they continue the truck, it will be changed.

Macland

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Prime is right, it becomes increasingly difficult to sell new models of the same design when the used version from last year sitting at the ford used lot is the same thing for less money, gently used by a soccer mom.

XTorrey

First Fill-Up (of many)
It'll be a sad day for theX if this comes to fruition. One of our company fleet cars is a Rogue, and it barely has enough guts to get out of a lightly snowy driveway when making patient visits.

Sent from the wastelands of Tatooine

Cameron23

Skid Plates
Founding Member
The one thing I really love about the X is it's simplicity-none of the added garbage like 12-way power seats with heated massaging aromatherapeutic lumbar support, wrapped in the leather of a grass-fed calf from Barcelona. It's going to be a sad day if they move the X in that direction.

The slogan for the 1st gens was "Everything you need! Nothing you don't!"

P&P

Need Bigger Tires
Site Sponsor
I think if they build the next gen it will stay true to what it is...
Im guessing two options.. S and Pro-4x
I bet you will see a turbo 4cyl and 4.0 options..

They need a trim level with a Cummins in it.

I can't imagine they would do a Fronty with a cummins and not make it available for the Xterra. That said, last I heard, no decision was made to go ahead with the diesel mid-size yet. Though, I know others in this thread are closer to the ground than I am.

The X is never going to get a solid front axle from the factory. You might as well let that go.

HA!

Free pizza with every 2015 Xterra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giordano's Please.

http://giordanos.com/

dhyde79

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
So I take it your ready to see an Xterra badge on a crossover with independent suspension on all corners, part time PTO driven AWD without a transfer case, a complex and impossible to modify suspension, less ground clearance, smaller tires, more plastic, feminine styling, and no guts? They haven't done that before, right? (Pathfinder, cough cough.) I hope you are right, and Nissan proves me wrong, I really really do. But if I've learned anything from Ford and Jeep, it's that a redesign of any 4x4 is not something that needs to happen. Not until CAFE is figured out by the masses to be the joke it is. I believe we had it as good as it was going to get with the Xterra in the 2nd Generation. If they redesign it, and I do mean that as an "if" statement, I have a bad feeling we won't like what comes out of it. I know we say it will be built on a Frontier platform, but they could just as easily design something on a Rogue platform and slap a Xterra nameplate on it. After all, how many people in Honda Elements, Ford Escape, Jeep Compass, Subaru Forresters, and Hyundai Santa Fe think they have an "adventurous" vehicle? As long as people think AWD means the same as 4X4, (and honestly there is no official naming convention that determines exactly what 4x4 or AWD really means when it's slapped on a body panel as a shiny chrome badge) they think it will go anywhere, and in all reality, given most people buy it for feel good security when it snows, it will serve them well in that capacity. But it won't be what us true 4x4 enthusiasts want.

Look at what jeep did to the cherokee...it's now a CR-V and RAV4 class FWD grocery getter...

dhyde79

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
i can kind of agree with this. i think they should just simplify it to two trims, and since they're doing a diesel in the titan, pop a smaller one in the x. the pro-4x should be lifted with better tires than those crappy stock ones, though. doubtful, but wishful thinking.

Smaller? Nay sir, drop that 5.0L diesel into the X ;)

Dirthouse

Bought an X
I had heard a rumor that the '17 X might be a 7 passenger body on frame. I think the 2.8 Cummins diesel would be awesome to have, but Nissan hasn't confirmed a deal with them for it.
#ThingsI'veHeardAroundThePlant

Sent from my zombie apocalypse survival bunker

dhyde79

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
I had heard a rumor that the '17 X might be a 7 passenger body on frame. I think the 2.8 Cummins diesel would be awesome to have, but Nissan hasn't confirmed a deal with them for it. #ThingsI'veHeardAroundThePlant Sent from my zombie apocalypse survival bunker

7 passenger? Xterra becoming the armada?

dhyde79

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
That sounds awful.

unless it comes stock with 33's, and the pro4x option is dual e-lockers and a better low range transfer case for all purpose wheeling...oh, and at minimum D44 diffs front and rear....don't care if the front stays IFS as long as the rear stays solid....

XBetty

First Fill-Up (of many)
unless it comes stock with 33's, and the pro4x option is dual e-lockers and a better low range transfer case for all purpose wheeling...oh, and at minimum D44 diffs front and rear....don't care if the front stays IFS as long as the rear stays solid....

Well yeah that would be sweet but the reason I don't like the newer ones is because they're to big for my taste.

dhyde79

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Well yeah that would be sweet but the reason I don't like the newer ones is because they're to big for my taste.

.........TWSS.

Anyway, 2nd gens are comfortable for taller people too, buddy's 1st gen, I couldn't spend a day in.

Cameron23

Skid Plates
Founding Member
If they added 3rd row seat rails to the trunk it would fit people as well as the previous gen of the highlander... 0 leg room at all

Sent via carrier pigeon

P&P

Need Bigger Tires
Site Sponsor
I have heard summer 15 Titan as a 16
Spring 16 frontier /?
Fall 16 armada as a 17

Any word on when titan and (possibly) frontier with cummins are coming? (get it?) Is that this?

color us VERY interested in those platforms. We're already putting away and making some contacts for some toys for those platforms.

Last edited:

dhyde79

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
I could see them phasing out the Armada and bumping the Xterra into that class. Sent from my zombie apocalypse survival bunker

Hope not...but, then we'd get a beefier motor and driveline. Without much change in fuel economy one could hope...

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
vahy4apa.jpg