VAXC Summer Electrical Mod Day

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Let's pull our discussion from the general chat thread.

We need to lock down a date and place to get this done as well as what we want to get done.

Date: Some weekend June or July. The weekend of June 21st I'll be out of town. So what else works for you guys?

Location: Since I've got this huge bumper to deal with, I'd rather do it around here. Either my house or OffrdX's place. I've got all manor of tools and the like. So its up to you guys.

Goals:

Me: I'll need a few extra hands mounting my RLC bumper. I hope to have all my wiring done by then with the exception of hooking up the new lights that are attached to the bumper and wiring in the winch to the battery.
Obi: I know you wanted to do those two 6" LED bars. So we'll need to make you a shopping list for everything else you need.

What else?

obi_krash

Suspension Lift
Confirmed - free weekend of June 28th. Plus, I can get my shopping done for this.

Tom isn't on here often, so I will mention it to him tonight when I see him.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
I'll have SOME wire and most of the connectors we'll need. If you do the full size switches that OTRATTW sells, you won't need a relay as they are rated at 20A. On top of that, I recommend some disconnects for the lights so they can be pulled if need be. http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ac...extension/_/N-25xa?itemIdentifier=141583_0_0_

You'd need two. Cut them in half, one half to the light, the other half to your circuit. Makes for a good waterproof quick disco. You might needs some more red/black wire. As my bin is a little low right now.

dhyde79

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
I'll have SOME wire and most of the connectors we'll need. If you do the full size switches that OTRATTW sells, you won't need a relay as they are rated at 20A. On top of that, I recommend some disconnects for the lights so they can be pulled if need be. http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ac...extension/_/N-25xa?itemIdentifier=141583_0_0_

You'd need two. Cut them in half, one half to the light, the other half to your circuit. Makes for a good waterproof quick disco. You might needs some more red/black wire. As my bin is a little low right now.

I won't be there, but, I'm gonna yoink this idea and hook em up on all of my bumper lights now.... good call sir...good call....

Kyle

Wheeling
I need help installing a Xoskel Low Pro Light Bar, 4 KC Day Lighters, and some OTRATTW switches in the dash. As Prime is aware...I don't have much mechanical skill or knowledge by myself. So definitely going to need someone to guide and go along with me so I don't **** the entire thing up. Either that or I was just going to put out for a mechanic to install it. If we have time to do it I'll be game to come along.

I do need to check the schedule though.

obi_krash

Suspension Lift
okay.

Bringing beer. There is a brewery here called Strangeways that is amazeballs - I will head over there the night before and see what they got going on.

Kyle

Wheeling
What day is this? I committed to going to a concert the afternoon of Saturday but any other part of that weekend (and before the concert cause it's in VA Beach) is free.

OffRdX

Lockers Installed
I'm gonna need your address too, I dunno what time I'm gonna make it yet. Depends on how much progress I make today and tomorrow. Alcans show up tomorrow :).

Sent from my portable electronic device.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Show up whenever. By 10 I should have my whole front end torn down. So the lights will be freed up for Josh and we can start on that right away when he arrives.

Last edited:

Kyle

Wheeling
Im actually going to skip out on this one. Ill try to make a different mod day. Had a look at my bank account and its not good. I simply cant afford the gas -__-