Newbie to the forums NJ

muhoms1

Bought an X
New to the forums had the X for about a year and a half time to shake it up. I'm in NNJ Sussex area close to the PA /NY boarder. Any one else in the area looking for some guidance as i'm a novice wrencher.

Thanks in advance

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
You are lucky to have a great group in that area.. Gpax is a Xterra club there..

Snickerdoodle on here is a member..

Welcome into the nation

Jack Stilts

Skid Plates
Welcome in!

I know robcarync has an excellent compilation of pointers that would address the "where to start" questions. Perhaps he'd be so kind as to chime in :)

bottobro

I'm a pretty girl!
Supporting Member
Def would be interested but not sure exactly what and where that is. Pardon my ignorance in the infancy of offroading. Im used to going fast quarter mile.

Tremont, PA Its an off road park. Deff make your way to WENT windrock this September. A National Nissan Meet

muhoms1

Bought an X
yeah long as it doesn't interfere with football season lol. So a few questions looking for a few inexpensive modifications trying to get ordered tonight.

PML lift what do i get and where
roof basket something not to crazy i can possible store gas cans and side tools
Light bar and some light for the top. Been on ebay looking but again dont know what im looking for. Funds are low right now as I just picked up a 2001 4runner limited to go along with the X. Will be calling RLC tomorrow morningleaving a deposit

the x only pic I have for now

the 4runner should have in hand by Thursday

bottobro

I'm a pretty girl!
Supporting Member
nice dude, If u look at my bumper its from RLC, James is awesome and is limited to what you can think of.
Personally I did the BL instead of the PML and LED light bars are great investment

muhoms1

Bought an X
botto what are the benifits as a new offroader surei wont be going nuts on the trails . Also price wise like i said eager trying to order something tonight lol get it started

bottobro

I'm a pretty girl!
Supporting Member
botto what are the benifits as a new offroader surei wont be going nuts on the trails . Also price wise like i said eager trying to order something tonight lol get it started

mine was 685 shipped and hes the quickest for bumpers as of right now. around a 5 week turnaround period. A BL gives you more clearance for bigger tires over a PML which gives you 1.5" suspension lift. I personally didnt want to mess around with my T bars yet because mine is still my DD

muhoms1

Bought an X
So got got about 500 bucks im trying to blow tonight not (including the bumper) where do i put it the X is not my daily but I do drive it during weather condition for work (100miles round trip)

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Check out some of our site sponsors for the parts your looking for..

PML or poor mans lift needs rear lift shackles.. 4x4parts.com has them.. 60ish dollars.. The front requires you to crank on your torsion bars.. And then realign the Xterra.. Gives you 1.5" of lift. It's half of a full 3 inch lift.

The body life adds a lifted look and allows for larger tires.

James with RLC is a great dude! I own the lack Xterra on his web site.. #2 ;) I think he has sold over 25 now :)

Very well build..
ahudureh.jpg

Very short wait times too..

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Tires are the best mod you can do.. Grip is king no matter what your doing.. You can fit up to a 32" tire with very minimal trimming to the plastic behind the front tires

muhoms1

Bought an X
ok taking notes over here think im going to start with the body lift, light bar and roof basket give myself a few weeks before tires and slider.

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Best thing is to form a plan before spending money.

Read some build threads here and pick what you would like to do.. Many build threads will show you where they bought the parts and mistakes to avoid

muhoms1

Bought an X
ok def going with the 2" BL and PML lift. just a question should I wait ti do this after i receive my bumper from rlc or it doesn't matter. Looking at the DIY not something I can tackle any reputable shops in the jersey area anyone can recommend.

TJTJ

Skid Plates
Founding Member
ok def going with the 2" BL and PML lift. just a question should I wait ti do this after i receive my bumper from rlc or it doesn't matter. Looking at the DIY not something I can tackle any reputable shops in the jersey area anyone can recommend.

You typically do the BL first before a bumper...because you want the bumper to be mounted a little higher to fill the gap left by the BL....so if the gap is already there from the BL, you know how high to raise the bumper mount to compensate, etc.

You can do the PML w/o waiting, before, or after, the other stuff.

Call a mod day/show up at one do do the work you need help with. When you start having shops do stuff, it means later, on the trail, you won't know how stuff went together, etc.

01XterraPhilly

First Fill-Up (of many)
Hey! I live about 20 min west of Philly. In this area there are a lot of people here with a lot of experience. If you want to offroad we are going august 16th to Rausch Creek. Running greens and having a little fun. The trails for the greens are stock friendly. If you need help there are a lot of people that are willing to help

muhoms1

Bought an X
just ordered the 2" BL and rear shackles from AC this morning. Bout to get on the hook with RLC and order my bumper. Def would love a mod day I can travel or if anyone local got plenty of space, food and beer to spread around. Thank for all the info.

muhoms1

Bought an X
well missed out on a schrock rear tire carrier that is local asking price is just way to much so now today im focusing on a light bar, led's and a roof rack. Damn I wanted that rear bumper lol.

TheFauxFox

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member

muhoms1

Bought an X
Hey! I live about 20 min west of Philly. In this area there are a lot of people here with a lot of experience. If you want to offroad we are going august 16th to Rausch Creek. Running greens and having a little fun. The trails for the greens are stock friendly. If you need help there are a lot of people that are willing to help

Def would love to tag along with my dented front bumper where is Raush Creek located

01XterraPhilly

First Fill-Up (of many)
We're heading up friday night...camping at the park (its free) and meeting up between 8 and 9am in the parking lot. if you want we can caravan up...just gotta make a pit stop in reading to pick up a friend