Shanostyle's Build Thread - 2002 Xterra SE SC Black

shanostyle

Bought an X
Im going to use this thread to get my build thread set up. Here is a list of what I have done so far:

AC Upper control arms for 3"suspension lift
Bilstein Steering Dampener
Calmini Idler Arm Brace
Extended Rear Shackles
Bilstein Shocks
Tortron 20" LED bar and BM Light Bar Mount
Sway A Way Torsion Bars
Rear Bumper Flush Mount
LED Back Up Lights
33x12.5x15s Hankook Dynapros
15" Unique Steels
Raingler Net On Rails
Custom Cat Back Exhaust

CHECK OuT THE NEW PICS

Attachments

• image-641191733.jpg
    image-641191733.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 63
  • image-3410788874.jpg
    image-3410788874.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 76
  • image-3167170234.jpg
    image-3167170234.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 66
  • image-502416979.jpg
    image-502416979.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0305.jpg
    IMG_0305.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

shanostyle

Bought an X
I was going to start at the 1.5" and then when I can get the 3"suspension lift, I would move them up to 2". That's ut what have seen other guys do on their builds. Does that sound right?

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
Check out Rob's build thread. He's running the adjustable shackles as well and has a nice setup. He's a good dude and I'm sure will be willing to help you out with any questions you have. Here's the link to it.. click me!!

If you have the adjustable shackles there won't be any need for the add a leafs, even when you lift the front.

To lift the front you'll just need some new UCAs and torsion bars. You techniqully wouldn't NEED new torsion bars but if you're gonna lift it ~3", you'll want it. Anyway, install those, get it to the correct height, get an alignment and you're golden. This, of course, after you've set your adjustable shackles to the max setting.

I think that's what Rob did. Like I said, just ask if you have any questions and we'll help you out!http://xterranation.org/showthread.php?4836-RobCaryNC-s-Build-Updates

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
I have the 4x4parts UCAs and haven't had a bit of problems. Both products are good but 4x4parts seem to have better customer service.

If I'm not mistaken, the 4x4parts UCAs come with new upper ball joints.

NismoFire

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Good looking out!

Any UCAs you might recommend? 4x4 parts has some along with Calmini.

Would I need to get new ball joints?

I have the 4x4parts UCAs and haven't had a bit of problems. Both products are good but 4x4parts seem to have better customer service.

If I'm not mistaken, the 4x4parts UCAs come with new upper ball joints.

Calmini has crap customer service normally, but when I ordered my UCAs, not only were they in stock, but they were on my doorstep within 5 days (Cali to TN shipping). Most people complain about the powder coat chipping quickly on the AC (4x4parts) arms. The BJs that come with the Calmini arms are junk (best used as trail spares).

The biggest reason I went with Calmini is this- the AC arms are tubular. Calmini arms are plates, thus (in my mind) beefier. Peace of mind was worth the risk with Calmini customer service.

If you go the Calmini route, make sure to email them first to see if they're in stock. If not, call 4WheelParts (or visit them in store) and see if they have any sitting in a warehouse somewhere around the country. I got lucky with my Calmini sliders, as they had a pair in FL sitting in a shop that a customer never paid for...got a screaming deal on them.

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
:)

DCC65D34-A97E-4862-B713-A6860FE5EF6B_zpslsz538km.jpg

shanostyle

Bought an X
So stoked! Got all of my parts ordered that are listed below! Ill take some pics of the before and after:

AC UCAs 3" lift
Add a leaf and U Bolts
bilstein shocks
Sway A Way torsion bars
Extended brake lines

Hope they get here soon! Thank you Danny at XterraPerformace for all the help and guidance! You are a beast.

shanostyle

Bought an X
Ok so for anyone that is curious, Brandon, at WilliamsOffroadLighting is the man. He has some great lighting options, at AMAZING prices. He got me some rock lights and LED conversions for my cabin lights. Just waiting for my lift to get on then ill take some pictures of the guys product. Hit him up on this site if you can and want some great deals for your LED additions.

shanostyle

Bought an X
So....... Updates: AC UCAs and ball joints Idler Arm Brace Bilstein Steering Dampener Rear Shackles 2" Body Lift KM Filter Bilstein Shocks All installed baby!!!! If anyone is interested, I have a pretty ridiculous story about a body lift error that we made, though it is all fixed now.

This pic doesn't do the work justice. I'll add a few more in a bit.

Damn I wish I could take this to the outing in Tennessee this week...

Attachments

• image-245246122.jpg
    image-245246122.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

shanostyle

Bought an X
So i finally finished putting on the Bilsteins, had a custom Cat Back made, and picked up an air compressor and High Lift Jack. ITS GO TIME!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0305.jpg
    IMG_0305.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0308.jpg
    IMG_0308.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0309.jpg
    IMG_0309.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0313.jpg
    IMG_0313.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1473.jpg
    IMG_1473.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 50

shanostyle

Bought an X
So the 12" sub is installed. Also installed a quick disconnect for the invertor.

Coming soon:

RLC Bumper - Front and possibly rear
2.5" air tank install with hard wired compressor
OTRATTW Rocker switches
Rear Molle panels
Hood lights
Rear hatch LEDs
Rock lights
More side lights and rear facing LEDs.

shanostyle

Bought an X
Rock lights installed!!! Thanks to WILLIAMS OFF-ROAD LIGHTING! Totally worth the investment.

Attachments

• image-3142475099.jpg
    image-3142475099.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 33
  • image-459748546.jpg
    image-459748546.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 33
  • image-51370838.jpg
    image-51370838.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 31