gamecock257s Sonic

TheFauxFox

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
I wouldn't change the wheels. I like'm too much. The purpose of steel wheels isn't all that relevant IMO for most of our purposes.

gamecock257

Skid Plates
I wouldn't change the wheels. I like'm too much. The purpose of steel wheels isn't all that relevant IMO for most of our purposes.
Now that I've got the tires on, I like the stock wheels even more. I don't know if its the black letters out, beefy tread, or both, but the tires have helped to give the wheels a whole new look too.

Beef cake baby
You always say how tires change the look so much, you are correct my friend.

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Now that I've got the tires on, I like the stock wheels even more. I don't know if its the black letters out, beefy tread, or both, but the tires have helped to give the wheels a whole new look too.

You always say how tires change the look so much, you are correct my friend.

Yep!
I love how the km2 brings these rims alive

gamecock257

Skid Plates
Just ordered a spare wheel. It's a reconditioned factory wheel for half the price. The new style wheels are basically impossible to find used so I hope this one is in good shape like it's supposed to be.

Once it comes in I can get a matching spare tire and then I'll be ready for the MAXterra rear bumper with tire carrier.

NismoFire

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
You'll be happy with the KM2s off road as well. I was in Columbia earlier this year when the 3" of snow/ice fell overnight and never had to engage 4WD the whole way to work. They clear mud/rocks very well, too.

gamecock257

Skid Plates
Sliders are next. I couldn't let myself run intermediates at went without them, and I hated that. So I'm doing a bit more research. Hope to order a set this week.

gamecock257

Skid Plates
Man, that first picture is gorgeous....... I wonder who took that..... Hmmm.........
Someone that escaped from Sesame Street...or something like that.

Nice pics. Hopefully next year my rig and I will be there with you guys.

Sent via my walkie talkie
I hope so too man. I was the only metallic blue out there. Plus it would be cool to see your rig in person since it was one of the things that inspired me to get this color in the first place.

gamecock257

Skid Plates
My bumper will be here in the next couple of weeks.

I'm considering ordering a winch. I don't really wheel alone, and up to this point I haven't ever wished I had a winch. I'm basically considering getting one just to have it and for the pure convenience of getting it installed now and not having to pull this bumper off again once it goes on. What do you guys think? Go for it or save several hundred bucks?

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
If you're doing a bumper, and can afford it, get the winch. Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

Look at Engo. Not the fastest winch in the world by any means, but it really can't be beat for pulling power per dollar.

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
If you don't foresee yourself using it that much, get a cheaper one. Like Jay said, that or even the harbor freight one with the warranty. Better safe than sorry!

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
I like my smitybilt h2o winch..

Remember to have the alignment checked after you install it.. That's a lot of weight hanging out front and can change your camber

GPD605X

Lockers Installed
Founding Member
Here's a very good article from Four Wheeler Magazine on winches. They tested...
Bulldog Alpha 9300 (9,300-lb electric)
Engo E9000 (9,000-lb electric)
Harbor Freight Badland 9000 (9,000-lb electric)
Kodiak Bruin (9,500-lb electric)
Summit Racing SUM-930002 (9,000-lb electric)
Superwinch EP9.0 (9,500-lb electric)
T-Max EWI9500 (9,500-lb electric)
Warn 9.5xp (9,500-lb electric)

Here's the link: Massive Multi-Winch Shootout

gamecock257

Skid Plates
Pretty much decided on the engo e9000. I've heard good things on this forum and other sites. I can get it to my door for $440 with synthetic line and a wireless controller. I figure for my use (little if any) this is about the best deal I'm going to find.

I feel like synthetic is best for me. I don't like being around steel cable winches due to the safety concerns and seeing one snap, so synth definitely wins there. It will be 25lbs lighter than steel according to engos website. Synth isn't abrasion resistant like steel, but like I said I don't see myself using this much at all. Synth is degraded by UV rays. True, but it's going to be mounted inside a bumper not on top and it will be used very little so not my biggest concern. Just seems like synth wins all around, and at this price point I'm still coming in cheaper than a lot of winches with cable.

Will probably order tomorrow since its pay day. Anyone have any other thoughts/opinions? Sound like I'm on the right track to you guys?

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
I keep a $20 Amazon winch cover over mine to protect the line from the weather and sun. Also, be sure to wash and re-wrap the line after you use it.

gamecock257

Skid Plates
Finally have my hefty bumper installed! It looks great and is very well built. Overall the bumper itself wasn't too bad of an install. It lined up very well and other than it being so big and heavy, it was easy to bolt up. I will definitely recommend Heftyfabworks...great products, and Chris was easy to communicate with.