CUREX (Carolina URE Xterra) Run!

What weekend?!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
Who wants to do a weekend camping/wheeling trip?! You've got a month to recover after WENT before we hit the trails at URE! Just vote on what weekend would be best for you and we'll get this thing planned!
We'd love to see you there! :kewl:

Last edited:

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
I know seXTERRA is planning another Windrock trip in Oct.. I was talking with the Raleigh Xers and they were thinking sometime in Nov.. I'm not sure.

gamecock257

Skid Plates
Nice!

Just to let everyone know.. I'm pretty sure you can choose multiple weekends if a few work and few don't, etc..

I would be ok with any of them, except for the 29th and 30th, I'm gonna try to go to the Carolina/Clemson game. But the later in the month the better chance of me having my bumper and such lol.

robcarync

Sliders
I said 8/9...but I am flexible. My birthday is nov 2nd so I was using that as an excuse to spend some money and have a little road trip during November. I've been slowly stock piling camping supplies, so I am almost actually able to camp!

snoborderphx

Bought an X
I'm good for any weekend, but this one will probably be the best, Nov 22nd. This is going to rock. How does everyone feel about kids being there? Debating on whether or not to bring my daughters and give mommy a weekend break.

Sn0

robcarync

Sliders
I am cool with a kid friendly weekend...bring the FROZEN sound track!

[video=youtube;MD5bFCDfySc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD5bFCDfySc[/video]

obi_krash

Suspension Lift
I just picked the 29th, 30th because I know for a fact I will be in NC that weekend, lol.

Really I can be down for pretty much anything, kinda.

robcarync

Sliders
Sounds good...I think the best thing to do is go ahead and commit to a date.

As far as logistics for the weekend...people thinking about camping Friday night and Saturday...or meet Saturday morning and camp Saturday night? Just meet for a day trip or what?

I wouldn't be able to meet until late Friday night, so I was thinking maybe meeting early on Saturday and just camping for 1 night.

I'm not even really familiar with the URE area or where to camp there anyway...so I am open to suggestions

gamecock257

Skid Plates
Sounds good...I think the best thing to do is go ahead and commit to a date.

As far as logistics for the weekend...people thinking about camping Friday night and Saturday...or meet Saturday morning and camp Saturday night? Just meet for a day trip or what?

I wouldn't be able to meet until late Friday night, so I was thinking maybe meeting early on Saturday and just camping for 1 night.

I'm not even really familiar with the URE area or where to camp there anyway...so I am open to suggestions

I'm ok with camping friday night. It will take me around 3 hours to get there, so I would have to leave extremely early to do rail runs Saturday morning.

I have only been once, but you can camp off the side of a trail. There were main gravel roads that connected trails, and we found a nice clear area 100ft or so off one of those and set up camp. They also have an actual campground with much easier access to bathhouses.

snoborderphx

Bought an X
I will head up on Friday and camp Friday and Saturday. Rob, if you give me your tent, I will set it up for you so when you get there you don't have to worry about it.

I recommend camping at the campground because of access to the toilet and because the trails fill up more quickly with people that tend to be more rowdy AND there is a lot of traffic sound your camp site.

Also, Friday bought, we can do a night run!!!

Diadaga

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
Just did a quick check on google maps, looks like you're closer than I am to URE. Would be awesome if you could make it man.
Yeah I checked it's not too far of a drive. Just the matter of having spare money, since I have yet to have any luck finding a job.

snoborderphx

Bought an X
We can start whenever on Saturday. I mean, we can do the whole park in about 3.5 hours. I saw we run it up and down. I say at 9am start on Saturday is good as the people camping will probably be up and ready by then.

Sn0

obi_krash

Suspension Lift
We are going to try to make it (myself and meri_macks), pretty sure her family wont say no to us staying in NC two weekends in a row.

Do you all mind if I let the VAXC know? We might have a few guys down for the run, especially if they had already missed WENT or our October run.

snoborderphx

Bought an X
We are going to try to make it (myself and meri_macks), pretty sure her family wont say no to us staying in NC two weekends in a row.

Do you all mind if I let the VAXC know? We might have a few guys down for the run, especially if they had already missed WENT or our October run.

The more the merrier. If we get enough people to come, I will do a big BBQ. If not, I will make ribs in the ground...let them cook all day...in the ground.

I will also post this up in some other Nissan groups as well.

Sn0

obi_krash

Suspension Lift
The more the merrier. If we get enough people to come, I will do a big BBQ. If not, I will make ribs in the ground...let them cook all day...in the ground.

I will also post this up in some other Nissan groups as well.

Sn0

Rock on. I will post up in VAXC and put it up on our site later today.

footsteps71

Bought an X
Gentlemen, I propose we camp on the trails. There is a camp off falls dam or wolf's den, back behind the large mud hole. I'm not 100% sure if the current best weekend is within the blackout dates for Verizon, so I shall check and get up with you guys.

robcarync

Sliders
I would prefer camping at the camp ground...my wife isn't that keen on camping without plumbing. I have to ease her into the offroading/camping/outdoors. We've been married about 4 months, and I'd hate to get a divorce so soon :)

Ribs sound incredible...a nice low and slow cook...Sno...I am down with that for sure.

snoborderphx

Bought an X
I would prefer camping at the camp ground...my wife isn't that keen on camping without plumbing. I have to ease her into the offroading/camping/outdoors. We've been married about 4 months, and I'd hate to get a divorce so soon :)

Ribs sound incredible...a nice low and slow cook...Sno...I am down with that for sure.

The reason I'm in for the campground is, with kids, the convenience of a toilet/bathroom and because the grounds are setup very nicely in the Arrowhead campground...AND there are hiking trails right off the campground for my family.

I forsee the schedule being:

Friday: Get there, setup, do a night run for those that make it (probably start around 7PM, get back by 10PM).

Saturday: Start trails at 9AM, get back to campground around 12-1PM for lunch (at which time, I will be dropping of the family for them to go hiking, etc), then back out to run the trails a different way AND finish up the trails we didn't hit the first time around. Then 5PM, we do a group'ish dinner.

Sunday: Everyone will part ways (we will probably be leaving around 8-9AM to try and get home by 10AM so we can get cleaned up and such)