CUREX (Carolina URE Xterra) Run!

What weekend?!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

robcarync

Sliders
Bummer guys...should still be a great time though!

Are there fire rings/picnic tables/bathrooms around, or is it just a big wooded lot? Do we need to bring any fire retainer rings to build camp fires?

Also, do I need to get the $5 pass at the outpost before hand?

snoborderphx

Bought an X
This turned out to be a pretty awesome event! It was a lot of fun taking the FJ guys on a night run up Dutch John...apparently the bunch of Ninny Nissans weren't worried to tackle this trail at night!

Intender

Wheeling
Lots of fun other thinking I was going to roll on the first ledge at daniel. Otherwise I felt kind of unstoppable with front locked. My arms are a bit sore from fighting to steer the lokka though.

robcarync

Sliders
Lots of fun other thinking I was going to roll on the first ledge at daniel. Otherwise I felt kind of unstoppable with front locked. My arms are a bit sore from fighting to steer the lokka though.

I made it up Dickey Bell without too much trouble...LOKKA for the win!

For those that missed it last year...I trashed 2 heavy duty tie rods and a tie rod end on this trail last year. The Lokka made it fairly easy to crawl up without having to bump and GAS it over some of the rocks

Attachments

• Trail.jpg
    Trail.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 1122141440a.jpg
    1122141440a.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 1122141444a.jpg
    1122141444a.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 1122141454.jpg
    1122141454.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 8

Intender

Wheeling
ya, I ran the hard side (left side) of dickey bell, and other than dropping into a hole deeper than my tire and sitting on my frame it was really easy. I ended up in the same hole twice before I finally got a good line. with the lokka it was easy to back out of it though. I was glad I had my stock tow hook removed because I probably would have got hung up on it if it were still there. Steering with the lokka is a pain though. my arms were sore yesterday, and there were a couple situations where I simply couldnt turn the wheel because of the combination of the lokka and having to hold the brakes to keep from nose diving. looks like I need to replace some steering components. not sure if the pump, steering gearbox or both. Wish there was some kind of upgrade I could put on there. wonder if anybody has ever put a small ram assist on a ifs setup.