FS: Boondox Interior Cargo Rack

J Everett

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
For Sale: Boondox Interior Cargo rack $150 + shipping.

Hey XN citizens! I'm rethinking my cargo area solution, so I'm looking to sell my rack that Boondox built for me.

All steel cargo basket with expanded metal floor supported by crossbars.

Bolts into cargo track in 2nd gen, still allows access to under floor storage bin. Legs are bolted on so rack can flat pack.
Asking $150 + shipping. It is fairly heavy at 50lbs. Estimated shipping to West Coast is around $80. Anywhere else in Continental US should be fractionally less, depending on distance from central Gulf Coast. I will deliver within 200 miles, just for the sake of a meet up over lunch and a beer. PM me for details.

9C244F65-BAC6-405E-88AF-EBD987B40501-6842-00000BBE560734B7_zps4b65eb2f.jpg

IMG_20140924_170313_zpsvha6tb3j.jpg

Basket angle matches seat angle. Legs shorter toward front of basket to account for angle of load floor in the 2nd gen Xterra. Basket sits close to level, depending on rake of vehicle suspension.
IMG_20140924_170306_zps3b6npzkh.jpg

IMG_20140924_170300_zpsuhzt6jyo.jpg

Here you can see how the basket attaches to the legs with weld-on light tabs and threaded inserts:
IMG_20140924_131319_zpsvtmj1myr.jpg

Bottom:
IMG_20140924_131324_zpsy13kfyqo.jpg

Legs off:
IMG_20140924_170933_zpsrdx1awkd.jpg

Shipping scale shows exactly 50lbs:
IMG_20140925_065036_zpsvtng37jb.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Bills

Bought an X
Seller increased price after I responded that I would purchase subject to confirmation of dimensions and weight. [Times of my initial pm and edits to ad have been confirmed.] I'm sure the seller is a nice guy but I won't do business that way. I'm out.

J Everett

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
That's totally fair, Bob. As I explained in my last PM, the price was changed in the line of text right above my picture in the original post before I ever saw that you had messaged me. When I changed that price, I missed it in the first line, and that is my fault. The original price was listed before I saw that it would cost $75-$80 to ship to the West Coast. That is NOT something I'm willing to pay for out of pocket just so someone can get a good deal on a rack that I paid twice as much for. I'm simply not willing to take that big of hit on it, and I'm not that desperate to get rid of it. I apologize if that offends you.

Anyone else who's ever bought anything from me or sold me anything on any of the three Xterra forums I've been associated with for the past six years knows that I'm not out to screw anyone over. The price is now as posted, and will not change, for anyone who is still interested.

Macland

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
That's fair. Seems like a non issue. The seller obviously isn't running an "auction" on their item by running up the price once they have demand. Carry on folks. This looks like a good deal to someone who needs it.

J Everett

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
I added pictures that a previously interested party requested. Be aware, the basket is heavy and awkward. My back is still sore from removing it four days ago. Or maybe from carrying it up a ladder to stow it in the loft yesterday. Could be either. I sometimes do dumb things for a fairly smart person.

Consider this a bump.