Hatfield-McCoy Ivy Branch trail ride (WV)

Edodrian

Lockers Installed
Supporting Member
Would there be any interest in anyone coming up this way for a weekend trail ride and experience some of the land up in my neck of the woods?

I was planning on getting a few of my friends together (Jeepers) and going out sometime before the end of the year and hitting the trails down RT 119 from me called Ivy Branch.

I've been in the area before Hatfield-McCoy Trailsystems took over the area. Quite a bit of riding, most of it is not stock friendly. And about half of it now requires a roll cage for the black trails. (One of which I did in the X on 285's and still IFS)

There is one requirement. A helmet that is DOT approved. Your trail pass goes on it and must be worn in vehicle.

Reason being is your pass is good for you, not the vehicle. So if you wanted to ride an ATV or SxS your still covered with your pass.

I know in state passes are 30 dollars. I do believe they sell 3 day passes and year passes for out of state people.

More info at: https://www.trailsheaven.com

So let's see if there'd be any interest in anyone going!

obi_krash

Suspension Lift
The lady and I have been talking about checking this out - before it was opened up to things bigger than ATVs. We talked about renting some and riding the trail. I would be interested for sure, I won't be able to do any black trails or anything like that. But some serious and challenging blues wouldnt be too bad.

Edodrian

Lockers Installed
Supporting Member
The lady and I have been talking about checking this out - before it was opened up to things bigger than ATVs. We talked about renting some and riding the trail. I would be interested for sure, I won't be able to do any black trails or anything like that. But some serious and challenging blues wouldnt be too bad.
I can't run the blacks either. Last time I checked I needed a roll cage.

But there should at least be a good day worth of riding just on the blues.

obi_krash

Suspension Lift
When are you looking to do this? I know that FORCE was mentioning they wanted to do a run there and I can see how many VAXC guys are interested.

Edodrian

Lockers Installed
Supporting Member
When are you looking to do this? I know that FORCE was mentioning they wanted to do a run there and I can see how many VAXC guys are interested.
Anytime on a weekend between Oct 24th until the end of the year.

Really just have to see interest and then go on what works for everyone.

obi_krash

Suspension Lift
Only thing I have going on after the 24th is a camping trip at Crab Tree Falls. We have some trail guide classes coming up at Chaos, but no date set yet. So I am pretty open, just will need to find helmets or buy them.