Mrs. Prime's 2011 Pathfinder

J Everett

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
Good looking mount. Well thought out. What, if any, were the problems with the magnet mount in the first picture?

Roadwarrior

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Do you see that bending at all when limbs go after it? I love the design, I am just wondering if thicker metal would be better - possibly not crack the plastic if that metal bends.. I wonder if a medium stiffness spring would solve the bending issue

J Everett

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
Thanks.

The roof didn't have a flat spot big enough to drop the magnet flat. So it never would get a good grip.

Cool, thanks. I wasn't even thinking about that. Planning to run a CB and a 2-meter sometime soon. I was planning to use magnet mounts, but I may just have to wait until I install the front bumper and mount my antennae to it. That won't get in the way of kayaks on the roof, anyway.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Do you see that bending at all when limbs go after it? I love the design, I am just wondering if thicker metal would be better - possibly not crack the plastic if that metal bends.. I wonder if a medium stiffness spring would solve the bending issue
It actually doesn't flex much at all. The 16ga steel is pretty stout. I might switch to a medium spring all the same. Just because the 2' antenna doesn't really warrant the heavy duty one.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
New tires.

544eec7d89b86e36564132751d0ed001.jpg

0fafa058100335612c5fe1ea0a847c8b.jpg

75914ccbf4ef69bffb70b784f78a3501.jpg

853c059a445a42465b95356deb233605.jpg

Stock tire size is 265/60/18 (31x10.50) these are 275/65/18 (32x11). So a little bigger and they BARELY fit in the front. There's about a half an inch of clearance when turning the wheel. But it's enough.

I really like the more aggressive tread pattern and overall fit of these ATs. They're still a 60k mile tire, so that's cool.

And the larger tire fits perfectly in the spare well.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Haven't done much modding on this lately.

But I did install the OEM 7 pin trailer harness tonight.

701dd6e8dee14527a59621473db35551.jpg

Nissan makes a plug and play kit. Comes with the harness, bracket, bolts, etc. Not bad for $50.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Oh, and the wife told me she missed her side steps and if I could put them back on.

"No...They're not here anymore..."

"Where are they?"

"At the dump.....since the week after I removed them."

"Oh well, I guess you'll just have to put some sliders on it so I still have a step."

Turns out Hefty is making some R51 stiff now..... So....