DIY Snorkel Head for Sale...clamps and adapter too

robcarync

Sliders
I was never too thrilled with how my DIY snorkel turned out, so I decided to replace my hacked up fender and move the snorkel on. No complaints with the actual hardware...just my cuts weren't great and I kinda screwed my fender up. Once I get my new fender with new paint...I won't be cutting sheet metal for a while.

I am selling my snorkel head. It is fiberglass with a mesh screen. It is a 3.5" opening, so it fits a 3" piece of PVC pipe. I liked this snorkel head because it has a sharper angle to it, so you could attach is directly to a 3" pipe running along the wind shield without having an extra "up turn" for the normal safari snorkel head (see blue xterra picture below...Xterror04). You can also keep it as a low-profile snorkel, which is what I ended up doing for simplicity. It also has a bulge and a drain slit on the back so water should not be ingested through the intake as you drive.

I will also throw in the 2" - 3" flexible adapter, which is a great way for attaching 3" PVC pipe to the air box elbow. You can stretch the adapter over the outside of a 2" elbow, and attach the 3" piping to other side.

$35 shipped to cont US. Hose clamps included. I will also throw in some decorative molding/seal from AutoZone to dress up the fender cut. $35 shipped to 48 cont US

All you need to do is buy some PVC pipe and you are done!

Attachments

• Snorkel1.jpg
    Snorkel1.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 75
  • Snorkel2.jpg
    Snorkel2.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 68
  • Snorkel4.jpg
    Snorkel4.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Snorkel6.jpg
    Snorkel6.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 67
  • Snorkel5.jpg
    Snorkel5.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

obi_krash

Suspension Lift
We might have to talk.
I have a snorkel to be installed shortly, but its has the pineapple style top, but I want something like this.

Mucho interesto.

robcarync

Sliders
Sure thing...let me know. Shoot me a PM. It fits on 3" PVC pipe.

I like it...nothing wrong with it, but I just spent 1000 bucks fixing dents and paint damage and had to replace both fenders to get my botched herculiner job removed. I am not interested in cutting back into my fender :)

dhyde79

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
if by pineapple style head, you mean a mushroom "precleaner" if you get this one, let me know, I'll get rid of the other one for you ;) (very helpful around my area with the crazy amounts of dust)

obi_krash

Suspension Lift
if by pineapple style head, you mean a mushroom "precleaner" if you get this one, let me know, I'll get rid of the other one for you ;) (very helpful around my area with the crazy amounts of dust)

Yes, sorry, the mushroom one.

And sounds good hyde, I am all for that.