02 Door Lock Issue

Diadaga

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
Posting this for a buddy of mine the X in question is a 2002 SE (I believe). My buddy and his wife are having an issue with the locking feature on their X. No matter how you unlock the door either key fob, key in lock, or even using a slim jim it instantly locks back. When using the key he says it will unlock and once the key is returned to the start position it locks back on them.

Anybody had this issue before or know the fix?

maillet282

If you bleeding, Imma fix you
sounds like the lock solenoid is constantly on the lock position. mayby try temporarly pulling the fuse untill the door can be taken appart to meter the wires. going to be a pain to manually lock the other doors for a bit could also be just a stuck relay somewhere too

Muadeeb

Nissan al Gaib
Admin
OK... Here's where the 02 (specifically) gets its 'lock' signals...

Driver door key cylinder
Hatch key cylinder
Driver door panel
Passenger door panel
Internally via the Fob

The way they work is they apply a ground signal to the Smart Entrance Control Unit to tell it to lock the doors. This ground comes in on either pin 11 for the key cylinders, or pin 5 for the door controls. Here's the trickey part: figuring out which one is causing the problem. You can try to get a probe on the SECU to check for ground, but here's what your dealing with:
Computer Modules.jpg

The other option is to unplug all all the control points and see if you can keep it unlocked with the fob. If it doesn't work, you'll likely need a new SECU as it's keeping a lock signal going to all the doors. If it does work, start adding in one control at a time to see which one is causing a problem. For the driver door cylinder, the connector _should_ be on the door, behind the plastic panel. I expect the rear door to be the same, but I've never taken it apart. Let us know what you find.

Diadaga

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
Gotta clear up something I had wrong on this, my dumba$$ just remembered to share this to him and he told me this just now.

The key fob itself doesn't work. You hit the button and only the signals light up, no sounds or anything.

Muadeeb

Nissan al Gaib
Admin
Technically, the fob is working, as the SECU responds by flashing the lights. What isn't working is the SECU is unable to unlock the doors. Have him do the test I said last time and report back. We need to see of the SECU is able to un/lock the doors without the four other control points causing possible issues.