List of How to and DIY

maillet282

If you bleeding, Imma fix you
2nd Gen How to list
this is a bit of a work in progress. as new How to's are created post up the link here and I be able to add them in the proper category
Every how to title is hyperlinked ( Clicky link) for ease of getting the information faster

Also, for new users:
1st gen = 2000-2004 with gen 1.5 referring to the refreshed front end of 2002-2004.
2nd gen = 2005-2014(so far) with gen 2.5 referring to the refresh in 2009 to present.
3rd gen = pending

Frequently asked:
Factory service manuals
05 CEL Codes w titles
How To: Make 33" tires fit(The Melt Mod )
How To: bypass radiator ( SMOD prevention)
How To: Source a Titan Swap
How To: Reset the flashing airbag light
Pro 4X Off Road Lights Bulb Replacement
How To: 4x4 with faulty Wheel speed sensor

Maintenance:

How To: Change engine oil 2nd GEN
How To: PMF (Poor-Man-s-Flush)
Fluids and Capacities

Armor:
How To: Run Non Factory Foglights in Your ShrockworksBumper

How To: White Knuckle Offroad Sliders Instructions Annotated; Improved Images
How To: Instructions Shrockworks Skids

Last edited:

J Everett

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
This is a great, and long needed idea. Awesome work!

Just for clarification, the first three How-to's in the first post (melt mod, radiator bypass, Titan swap) apply to 2nd gens only. Might be a good idea to add that info to the links you have there.

Also, for new users:
1st gen = 2000-2004 with gen 1.5 referring to the refreshed front end of 2002-2004.
2nd gen = 2005-2014(so far) with gen 2.5 referring to the refresh in 2009 to present.
3rd gen = pending

1st and 2nd gens share no major mechanical or body components. In fact, I think the only thing interchangeable through all model years of Xterra are the ceiling hooks in the cargo area.

Last edited:

maillet282

If you bleeding, Imma fix you
Ive amended the OP with the discriptions of 1st gen and 2nd gen as you suggested. if I have time over the hollidays I might be able to get the same thing done for the 1st gen how to's and DIY ( with admin's blessings) I know Hugetanker had started this same idea for both gens but hasen't been online in over a year.

ElPincheGuero4

Need Bigger Tires
How is it that I didn't get the updated thread until after I posted lol

I was looking at the e locker thread in particular

Last edited: