Rear Bumpers!

P&P

Need Bigger Tires
Site Sponsor
We will be getting some pics out of our traditional plate bumpers after this weekend. For now we have finished our tube bumpers with that wrap around. Hope you like them. With enough interest both bumpers will be part of our group buy starting next week. This will be an all product group buy. We might as well jump on that band wagon.

Here are the finished pictures of the rear wrap abound bumper on the 1st gen. The same style bumper will be available for the 2nd gen and we will have finished pics of that this weekend as well.

These bumpers will be available with and without side panels. The side panels will be available flat, or dimple die cut. We will also be offering an optional side plate that has a pocket for using the lower tube as a step.

Disclaimer!!!! This bumper was built for a standard body truck and is being shown on a body lifted truck. Please see above picture for fitment of a body lifted bumper on our body lifted truck. fitment will be the same on no body lift/no body lift bumper combo.

IMG_3193_zps7fa30f54.jpg

IMG_3199_zps0caa6411.jpg

IMG_3196_zps2487b2a3.jpg

IMG_3194_zps89ea016b.jpg

IMG_3200_zpsf06fb451.jpg

IMG_3197_zps648b36b7.jpg

IMG_3195_zpsb8a93c9c.jpg

IMG_3192_zps9d87f926.jpg

IMG_3198_zps19ad5a09.jpg

P&P

Need Bigger Tires
Site Sponsor
All bumpers will come standard with 2" receiver and 3/4" recovery points and powder coat.

Bumper Only: $475
side panels + 50 (with or without step cutout
dimple die side panels: 75

with tire carrier, side panels $725

plate bumpers will be about $100 less

02Xterra

Wheeling
Oooo I like it! Tube bumper with a tire carrier option!? I can't wait to see that!!

Disclaimer!!!! This bumper was built for a standard body truck and is being shown on a body lifted truck. Please see above picture for fitment of a body lifted bumper on our body lifted truck. fitment will be the same on no body lift/no body lift bumper combo.

And is there supposed be be a pic above this statement?

Last edited:

P&P

Need Bigger Tires
Site Sponsor
Oooo I like it! Tube bumper with a tire carrier option!? I can't wait to see that!!

And is there supposed be be a pic above this statement?

No that is referring to all the pics below it. Thats why there is the nasty gap. That was copy/pasted from another thread that had the first bumper we made. Forgot to bring that pic over.

Gap(body lifted truck, standard height bumper):
IMG_3195_zpsb8a93c9c.jpg

No gap:
1508154_293977747459207_5806320996911266565_n_zps9477fe3a.jpg

02Xterra

Wheeling
Gotcha! Looks good man, I like it! Its a nice option among all of the standard plate bumpers out there

I'm definitely interested in one with the step cutouts and a tire carrier

P&P

Need Bigger Tires
Site Sponsor
I like that.
Really wanna see the plate bumper.

Thanks!

IMO, and why we didn't start with a plate bumper, once you've seen one rear plate bumper you've seen them all. It's just a bent c-channel. Minor differences in swing arm additions, really. You're free to disagree though and I won't think less of you. That's just my $.02 and I've been wrong before.

It should also be said that our production bumpers will have brackets that fit both no body lift and the 2" body lift. Set it to whichever height your truck is at. Just like our sliders.

Last edited:

P&P

Need Bigger Tires
Site Sponsor
I actually like the tube one the more I'm looking at it.
The covers on the side,those will be seam welded all around?

Was planning on running ~2" stitch welds spaced ~2" apart. Would keep warpage down, lower costs on consumables and labor times. Fully welding it wouldn't add any strength to a part like this. The little bit of gap would also help our powder coater get powder all in and around the tube and plate so it would help prevent rust.

If you wanted it fully welded we could do it though.

P&P

Need Bigger Tires
Site Sponsor
Receiver is between the tubes. That's the best way to brace it and you get a hell of a departure angle. Should be the best you can get.

It does mean you'll need a pretty long drop hitch.

This is with a pretty standard drop hitch. It's how we pulled to went. If it weren't for the weight distribution/sway control setup that thing would have been a bear to pull that way. WE DO NOT RECOMMEND DOING THIS!

IMG_5105_zps2dd385bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P&P

Need Bigger Tires
Site Sponsor
This weekend I'm going to remeasure and look up the FedEx shipping rules again to make sure but I believe the last time we checked this bumper would JUST BARELY make it within the limits of what fedex will deliver ground. I do not believe we will have to send this freight. As always, everyone is free to pick up at the shop where we will install for free.

Can the wraparound a be used as lift points for hi-lift? Will they push up into body when exiting it they take a rock hit?
Waiting for tire carrier pic :). Will it just be a tire or can "other" stuff be hung n swung?

Very very interested!

P&P

Need Bigger Tires
Site Sponsor
Can the wraparound a be used as lift points for hi-lift? Will they push up into body when exiting it they take a rock hit?
Waiting for tire carrier pic :). Will it just be a tire or can "other" stuff be hung n swung?

Very very interested!

Yes it can. This is all 1.75" .120 wall DOM tubing. The mount brackets are 1/4".

No one is in the shop today but I will be there tomorrow and get some pics lifting it with the hi-lift.

What other things would you like to swing?

P&P

Need Bigger Tires
Site Sponsor
Taking a rock strike on exit is my worry. If it stands up to the typical tire sliding off kablamo you have indeed won the internet

This bumper taking a rock strike? I think you would be hard pressed to get it to take one as there is so much clearance. 10-11" better than the factory hitch. I think you'd gvr to slide it sideways into something

But....if it did slam into a rock, oh well. This is the same Tubing used for sliders, exo's and roll cages. It can take it. And We've left about an inch of clearance between the tubing and the closest point in the body o allow for flex so you're more than welcome to try it out.

robcarync

Sliders
IMO, and why we didn't start with a plate bumper, once you've seen one rear plate bumper you've seen them all. It's just a bent c-channel. Minor differences in swing arm additions, really. You're free to disagree though and I won't think less of you. That's just my $.02 and I've been wrong before.

Agreed with that. They are all the same...and don't even look different enough from the stock bumper. I liked the ideas of going with tubes for the rear, which is what I did with mine, though I didn't go as far as you did.

I will confirm (at least with mine) that with the hitch in between the tubes...you have an insane departure angle. Good luck trying to hit a rock coming down off of it! I never fully appreciated the departure angle until I had the high tucked bumper and realized I basically never hit anything.

Showing off my bumper:

12616654843_16b868ef8d_c.jpg

P&P

Need Bigger Tires
Site Sponsor
Now we have 3 rear bumper options. As we've done a rear plate bumper now too.

All of which can be ordered with a tire carrier.

tube with wrap around.
IMG_3199_zps0caa6411.jpg

Tube between the corners which is incredibly high clear/low weight.

And now plate bumpers.

lbishop

Need Bigger Tires
That plate bumper is gonna look awesome with the corners y'all are getting ready to start selling.

Is the plate bumper w/ tire carrier gonna run somewhere in the 725 range or there abouts?

P&P

Need Bigger Tires
Site Sponsor
That plate bumper is gonna look awesome with the corners y'all are getting ready to start selling.

Is the plate bumper w/ tire carrier gonna run somewhere in the 725 range or there abouts?

That ballpark yes. Probably a touch less.

Maybe I missed them but did you have any of your bumper getting the hilift treatment? It's crucial to me to be able to lift in as many places around my truck as possible, sliders corners front and rear. Maybe even a small hole in the side sheet metal skin for the jack to keep it from sliding around/off the body etc.

P&P

Need Bigger Tires
Site Sponsor
We positioned all the bumpers and hitches with factory size spare tires in place.

Lifting from the wings was my worry point. Typically I'm changing a tire or trying to get rocks under or dig under a tire and lifting the whole back end isn't my goal. Just getting that one rear tire up by hooking in to the top rail would be my first choice. Yes they can slip off it's the name of the game to sometimes end up with a catastrophe. I minimize by using a homemade rail clamp and a good detachable base. My concern it the tube will bend in at contact the body, deflect under load, during such a lift. I'm not naysaying or beating on your product at all I think it's killer looking.
Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way but I like to have as many lift points as possible around my truck. The other picture of the square tube bumper demonstrated my goal. I never know exactly where I'm going to either be forced to lift from or where would be the ideal point. Right now the money is yours :) (don't tell my wife I would sell my warn 12000 off my old build and a .45 Springfield to make it happen).

KChurch86

Banned
Founding Member
And now plate bumpers.

Being that I'm in the market for a tire carrier rear bumper, I've got some questions about the one shown above:

1) What's the thickness of the mounts where it bolts to the frame? On the main bumper body?
2) I know the above bumper is available with a tire carrier...can the tire swing arm be locked in the open position, say, for accessing the rear hatch while parked on uneven terrain?
3) Could a third brake light be easily added to the center of the tire mounting pad?
4) How much would a basic rear bumper (center section only) run me if optioned for no body lift, with a 2" receiver, 2 recovery points, and a tire carrier only?
4a) Do you offer finishing (powder coat, paint, bedliner, etc) and if so what's the price difference of a given finish treatment over bare steel?

Last edited: