TPMS warranty?

J Everett

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
Does anyone know for sure if the TPMS sensors are covered by the 36k mile bumper to bumper warranty? I can seem to find any exclusions to it, but I'm afraid it might be considered a wear item like tires/brakes.

ryandavenport

First Fill-Up (of many)
Does anyone know for sure if the TPMS sensors are covered by the 36k mile bumper to bumper warranty? I can seem to find any exclusions to it, but I'm afraid it might be considered a wear item like tires/brakes.

Last I heard it is not a wear item like brakes. It is still a wear item, but it shouldn't be an issue before 36000 miles. What is the issue that you are having?

J Everett

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
The TPMS light is indicating some fault with one of the sensors. Just as described in the owner's manual, it flashes for about a minute before it comes on permanently. No indication of low tire pressure, either in the drive information display or when I check with two different tire guages. Tires are relatively new, but I did not experience the flashing light for over a month after the new tires were installed.

I hate to have a tire (or four) removed and reinstalled just to replace one sensor. And I'm not sure if they can determine which sensor is bad without removing all four tires and testing the sensors.

civicjoe

lone wolf mod
Founding Member
I know your truck is still fairly new, id give nissan a call and say hey wth guys. Mine is an 06 and now has 88k on it and the sensor just went out at the end of last year, when i had like maybe 85k on it and they were factory originals, so yours should last at least to 50k id assume. These things get out of whack, sometimes, maybe one has just lost connection, have you tried the reset procedure?

Timrich

Super Duper Moderator
Founding Member
Mine was doing that as well. It has stopped for the last 2 weeks since I got my oil changed. Guess they reset it and it's stayed off.