Not transferring power to the front axle

05x4x4

First Fill-Up (of many)
I had a problem with it not transfering power to the front end, after draining the oil in the case it was glittered. I got a replacement case and installed it, not you can hear the case switching over internally but it still isn't pushing the front tires. Any ideas?

metzican

Suspension Lift
So you switched out the transfer case? could it be the front diff too? Does the front drive shaft get power? I'm guessing you checked that. Have you checked the solenoid to see if it is rotating right. or the little pin did not get sheared somehow.

robcarync

Sliders
Assuming you confirmed no power out of the case before doing this...? For instance, blown hubs that don't lock can prevent the tires from getting power, but the CV axles and drive shaft are still driven. A blown differential will allow front drive shaft to spin but not the CV axles or tires, etc...

Muadeeb

Nissan al Gaib
Admin
Jack up the front end, place the xfer in 2wd or neutral (if an option). Now, turn the wheels by hand; you should see the half shafts and drive shaft turn. If the half doesn't turn, you have a bad hub. If the drive shaft doesn't turn, then its a bad diff.

05x4x4

First Fill-Up (of many)
So it appears that the the passenger side half shaft is pulled loose, not sure if it is broken inside the diff or what. Still need to drop the diff to take a look.

granitex

Skid Plates
Founding Member
you will be able to check it without pulling the diff. start by pulling the half shaft and take a good look at the end that goes in the diff.