2001 Xterra 'Nxterra' cummins 4BT and SAS build

Darude

Bought an X
They came from Hannemann fiberglass, not the best fit but they are the only ones that make them for a first gen.

are you overall happy with them/ would you cosnsider it worth it, any chance i could get some pictures of body gaps/lines of the fenders against the hood/door/headlights?

Riz98

Test Drive
Looking for some updates if any. Or just some badass videos of the diesel spoolin up. I had some Hannemann fiberglass fenders also for my 98 Frontier that I used to have. Body lines looked good but the only thing I noticed is that the turn signal lights didnt match up perfect. If I were you I would put the money into a nice roof rack or on-board-air. Not sure of your current build or what mods you have. Since the build has been done for a while what MPG are you normally seeing?

Jbat

First Fill-Up (of many)
Hey guys, been crazy busy lately but have managed to get my on board air mounted and wired up. Went with dual Viair compressors on a 2 gal tank as well as a 1000 watt inverter. also mounted a third battery in the rear that everything back there is hooked to. That way I can isolate it all from the main system or include it. It's running good, I did manage to crack a driver side shock tower in a really weird location. Calmini has been great to work with me and sent a warranty one out right away so I'm in the process of putting it back together now as well as reinforcing the upper track bar mount.

Still need to finish the rear bumper and spare tire carrier before Gone as well as wire up the winch. If I have time I'll get my roof rack built too but all in all it's doing good. And I'm getting about 25mpg :kewl:

I'll try and get some more recent pics and vids up.

Jbat

First Fill-Up (of many)
oXGz9TJ.jpg

This is about all I have right now, need to get more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jbat

First Fill-Up (of many)
Thanks guys, lots still to do before Gone, including rock lights, rear bumper w/spare carrier, mount the tool box, fuel tank and fuel filter skidplate...yeah i'm sure there is more haha.

Jbat

First Fill-Up (of many)
Nice to wheel with you at goneMoab... I somehow need to pay you back for the u-bolt straps.

No need at all. I'm sure you've helped plenty of people along both on and off the trail before. I know I've had plenty of help so I just try to pay it forward where I can. And it was great to wheel with you guys. Time to make a few changes and I'll see you guys next year!

Jbat

First Fill-Up (of many)
A little update, overall the X performed great in Moab. I've got 37" Cooper SST pros on it now and they rub some in the rear so time to do some trimming. Also front locker will be soon to come as well as a 1.5 Gen hood and different intake setup. However it drove the 3 hours to Moab, wheeled and drove around all week and drove the 3 hours back home quite nicely. Pics coming soon!

Jbat

First Fill-Up (of many)
Sweet Xterra man! Love this build..

So far, have you been happy with the Calmini SAS kit?

Yeah I have, it's spendy but it's pretty straightforward. I had to change a few things for
My setup so if I did it again I think I'd build my own but I saw a bunch of rigs running the kit in Moab this last week and it works well.

akuria

Wheeling
Yeah I have, it's spendy but it's pretty straightforward. I had to change a few things for
My setup so if I did it again I think I'd build my own but I saw a bunch of rigs running the kit in Moab this last week and it works well.

I agree. I love my calmini kit as well. There are some weak points to the kit that need to be addressed but overall a solid design.

I too would go custom 3 link if I were to do it again. I went calmini cause I didn't know much about welding and suspension design but now I feel confident doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
Started getting the floor back together yesterday and also did a brake master cyl swap over to a 98 dodge 1500 setup, it is much larger and should provide the necessary fluid flow for my huge dual piston front calipers and rear single piston calipers. Also yanked the ABS box and this is where my electric vacuum pump and line lock for the rear brakes will mount.

Also if you swap out the master cyl the dodge unit bolts right to the xterra brake booster but uses bubble flared lines instead of inverted flare lines. So on the front brake line you will need a m10x1.0 bubble flare to m10x1.0 inverted flare adapter and on the rear brake line you will need a m12x1.0 bubble flare to m10x1.0 inverted flare adapter.

Do you happen to have anymore pictures/advice of the ABS box delete? I'm needing to do this here soon but I still haven't completely wrapped my mind around it. I've looked through this thread but really haven't found any good pictures. Thank you sirrr!