TAG *Tactical Armor Group* please read before buying

SAKS

Wheeling
Founding Member
So I got my bumper, that I won last September at WENT, from TAG after 6 months and 2 days. What an ordeal. Once I got it I can see that it was a quick piece together job. I am posting all of my communications with their company and the Hell that it was. You can all clearly see in the pictures the "quality" workmanship on the nearly $1200 bumper. You decide.....

IMG_20150417_210453692.jpgIMG_20150504_121504270_HDR.jpgIMG_20150504_121511429_HDR.jpgIMG_20150504_121532964_HDR.jpgIMG_20150504_121540141.jpg
10/14/14
How may we help: Ashley,

I have a 2001 Xterra SE 4X4 with a 2" Body Lift. Here is what I am interested in ordering:
-Bumper in winch mount style
-Satin Black
-Grill Guard (Plate Style like the one pictured)
-Add Overlay to grill guard (Plate Style)
-Shackle Mounts
Inner Lights - Rigid Dually LED (Spot)
Outer Lights - Rigid Dually LED (Flood)
Do I need a wiring harness?

That looks to be all I would want on that bumper. If you are aware of any other additions please feel free to add them or I can be reached at xxx.

Thanks again for a great prize at WENT,

10/15/15
On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 1:02 PM, wrote:
Looks great. Just to be sure it needs to be set up for a 2" body lift. I may have missed it on the invoice.

Thanks again

10/15/14
Nope it was totally me. I will put that on there for you right now.
Thanks
Ashley

On Oct 15, 2014, at 13:00, customerservice@tacticalarmorgroup.com wrote:

To Customer :

Your confirming order is attached. Please review and let us know if any changes are needed

Everything looks good !!
We will get this started.
Thanks. That makes a big difference.

11/12/14
Ashley,

Can you give me an update on the bumper?

Thanks!
11/13/14
Mr. Powers,
Your bumper is currently in lay out

Thanks
Ashley

12/22/14
Ashley,

I am checking on the status of my front bumper. Hate to be a pest, Merry Christmas!
12/22/14
Mr. Powers,
Your bumper is currently in lay out

Thanks
Ashley

12/23/14
That's the same answer I got last month. Do you have an estimated completion date?
1/21/15
Ashley,

Can you please provide me with another update on the front bumper I ordered in October 2014?

Thanks!

1/21/15
Mr. Powers,

Your bumper is currently in cutting and forming

Thanks
Ashley

1/22/15
Thank you Ashley

2/12/15
Ashley,

Please provide me with an update for completion and estimated shipping on my front bumper ordered October 11th 2014.

Thank you,

2/12/15
February 18

2/12/15
Thank you!!!!!
3/1/15
Ashley,

Is there a tracking number for my bumper that shipped on February 18th? It has not arrived and I am concerned.

3/1/15
The tracking # would have been contained in the email you received that indicated it had been shipped on the 18th. It would be listed as the "PRO #" in that email.
3/1/15
This is the response from what was sent. All it says is February 18th.
3/1/15
Yeah, that's not a shipment notification email. Probably sent to you in error.
3/1/15
Do you know when it will ship? It was ordered October 11th 2014
3/1/15
Will check

Regards,

Kyle
Tactical Armor Group Inc.
770-947-0190
3/1/15
Thank you.

3/7/15
Kyle,

Any luck with a delivery date?
3/12/15
Is there any update on the front bumper I ordered on October 11 2014? It was supposed to ship February 18th, but then I was told that was incorrect, this is past ridiculous.
3/12/15
Mr. Powers,
Estimated shipping date is Monday 03-16-15
3/13/15
Thank you
3/14/15
Its a 3" body lift. That's what is on the order confirmation.

On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 5:33 PM, wrote:
As I look at the invoice it shows that it is for. 3" body lift. I ordered a 2" body lift. Please inspect the bumper prior to shipping to ensure it is not a typographical error.

Thanks,
3/14/15
Please read the original e-mail below that I had placed with Ashley. She originally placed the order for no body lift, then I corrected her and she changed it to a 2" body lift.This was ordered on October 14th 2014. The Invoice was sent on October 15th as seen below. How can this product take so long to be completed then at the end prior to shipping it is incorrect? How can I go back to the Nissan Off-road community and in good faith recommend your company or services? What corrective actions can be taken to ensure I receive the product that I ordered?

*Copied From original mail from Ashley

Nope it was totally me. I will put that on there for you right now.
Thanks
Ashley

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 1:02 PM, wrote:
Looks great. Just to be sure it needs to be set up for a 2" body lift. I may have missed it on the invoice.

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone
On Oct 15, 2014, at 13:00, customerservice@tacticalarmorgroup.com wrote:

To Customer :

Your confirming order is attached. Please review and let us know if any changes are needed

Everything looks good !!
We will get this started.

Thanks
Ashley
> <Inv_2922_from_Tactical_Armor_Group_Inc._4660.pdf>

3/14/15
This is the original build sheet for order 2922

3/15/15
Who did you get a from that didn't fit? I'd send it back. Any sort of reputable bumper manufacturer would have a return policy. I mean assuming they were the ones who made the mistake and not you. If you made the mistake, then the onus would be on you of course.

Regards,

Kyle

On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 10:27 PM, wrote:
So what am I supposed to do with a bumper that will not fit?

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 14, 2015, at 22:25, Kyle <customerservice@tacticalarmorgroup.com> wrote:
Obviously the change wS never made to the order. It happens.

Regards,

Kyle
Tactical Armor Group Inc.
770-947-0190
3/15/15
My Xterra has a 2" body lift. Clearly stated in the beginning order through Ashley. I have all of the emails from 5 months ago.

I under stand all of the reviews of TAG that I have read up on now. I will make sure that Dave through WENT knows about this and we will spread the poor sportsmanship and service throughout the off road community. This response is unacceptable placing blame on me when all of my conversations in emails are clear to you the owner of the company.

Sent from my iPhone

3/15/15
Yes, I saw your copy of the email. You have a 2" body lift. And you notified us of the fact that the initial order was incorrect. And someone failed to make the change on the order, got that too. Wish no one ever made a mistake, but we're all human.
Continuing on to the second paragraph of your email, you then descend into some sort of paranoid delusional fantasy world. I don't even know what to say to that. Poor sportsmanship? Placing blame on you? Emails directly to me as owner of the company? All three are non-existent.
As far as I know, you order hasn't even shipped and yet you are spazzing about something being incorrect when you haven't even received it and also about being stuck with it. Seriously?!? Get a grip on yourself.
3/15/15
So we are clear, I see that there is an error. I do not want to receive the bumper just to wrestle with it and find out it is incorrect. I then do not want to have to send it back for it to be fixed. I simply wish for it to be correct before you pay to ship it to me, then pay to have it shipped back to you and then your company have to rework it and ship it again. Please ensure it is a bumper set up for a 2" body lift and ship it later. I have waited 5 months, I can wait a week more.
4/14/15
Order: 2922

Carrier: R and L Carriers
Pro# 440 718 687 (Please wait overnight for the system to update with this tracking information)

Delivery type: Residence

Thank you for your order!

Notes Regarding Potential Shipping Damage:

If anything is damaged in shipment it must be reported to the driver at time of delivery and recorded on the shipping paperwork the driver will ask you to sign. All shipments are insured, but most carriers will not honor after the fact claims. Do not refuse the shipment as a representative from the carrier will most likely need to inspect the damage. if it does become necessary to return it, the return shipment will be arranged. It is also most helpful if pictures can be taken before the packages are unwrapped.

Notes Regarding Potential Extra Charges:

Your shipment has been sent prepaid per the description on the order. If you request delivery options not on the order (examples: residential instead of commercial, lift gate delivery, appointment, inside delivery), there will be an additional charge as determined by the freight carrier.

4/14/15
Thank you!

metzican

Suspension Lift
I have heard the stories, I have read the stories. But thank you for documenting this so well. WTF. That was a crazy responds to your email by the owner. All he should of said was "your bumper has not shipped yet. I will verify that it was designed for a 2" BL".

How did it mount? I see the powder coating or paint was horrible and the sloppiness on the welds and cutting of the metal. There not not that big of a company and don't offer that much products. WTF.

Sorry about your hassle but thank you for documenting all of this.

bottobro

I'm a pretty girl!
Supporting Member
That's rediculous. So glad I went with rlc. You're pumping out a nice chunk of change for a bumper and want to make sure you get it right. Poor customer service that's for sure

ryandavenport

First Fill-Up (of many)
That sucks you are running into all these issues. I ordered a basic rear bumper from them a few years ago and it seemed to work ok, but I'm fairly certain that Helen Keller could build a rear bumper for the 2nd gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Geeze man free is free ;-)
But really I hate ever dealing with these guys with WENT. It's like a deal with the Devils idiot brother..

It won't happen again that's for sure

SAKS

Wheeling
Founding Member
I am just glad that I did not pay for it. Free is free and I am thankful for that. It does fit well so that is a plus.

I am also glad that I can put the word out and save someone some headache.

robcarync

Sliders
I can deal with some sloppy welds or hand cut plate...especially if it is a small company fabricating by hand...

but then I read the email exchanges...What the ever lasting FK?! I'll be sure to avoid them in the future...

Mr Bills

Bought an X
Kyle Updegrove has been receiving bad reviews and consistent customer complaints for years but changes nothing, unless one counts the many company names he has used to try to distance himself from well deserved bad press. It is obvious that he couldn't care less about his own sloppy workmanship and rotten customer service.

Why anyone would hand their hard earned money to him is beyond comprehension.

Frogstar7055

Wheeling
I bought an RLC bumper,had one small issue (that I could and did deal with) and when I emailed him about it he immediately offered to do what was ever necessary to make it right up to and including a refund.

They rock,wish they made more stuff for us.

XTP_Dyer

First Fill-Up (of many)
This entire read was infuriating. As someone who has worked countless job in custom service and retention, this is ridiculous to read the responses from Kyle. Why on earth do people continue to buy products from these guys? I don't care if it's what I need, I would never feel right funding a company like that. Sorry for the hassle man, you handled it a lot calmer than I would have.

I bought an RLC bumper,had one small issue (that I could and did deal with) and when I emailed him about it he immediately offered to do what was ever necessary to make it right up to and including a refund.

They rock,wish they made more stuff for us.

x2 on this ^^^ When I picked up my bumper, James of RLC spent a few minutes talking about how he prioritizes customer service. He even said that any mistakes made on his part he does EVERYTHING he can to fix them and if all else fails, he provides a refund. THAT is putting the customer first. That's why I will always point people to him for fab work.

thecoalition

Call me Daddy
You know I also contemplated putting all my documentation in a thread like this, but figured that may not be the best idea. I will say that as the other winner from WENT, I went through this as well. I also documented everything, and I got to the point that I was so infuriated that I said screw it, and ordered from Shrockworks in late Jan. I figured a 4month wait was in order per typical Shrock times, but I was already at 4 months with TAG so what was a little more wait right? I'll be picking up my Shrock bumper tomorrow to finish off my shrock-trifecta.

When TAG did finally send the bumper, it looked pretty good, had a couple sharp edges that could easily be fixed, and the welds looked good overall. Obi took it off my hands, and seems to be enjoying it thus far.

Either way - I think the overall consensus is the same after both of these last accounts. Side note - Ashley was a huge a$$hole to me during my 6 month wait and Kyle never got on the phone once to explain the hold up (to me). The only good thing that came out of TAG was the set of rigids that I got with the bumper.

Macland

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Crazy! That dude needs to get a grip on HIMSELF, not the customer. I hope this dude doesn't have the balls to actually show up to a Nissan event to drag down the good things being done in the community.

obi_krash

Suspension Lift
When TAG did finally send the bumper, it looked pretty good, had a couple sharp edges that could easily be fixed, and the welds looked good overall. Obi took it off my hands, and seems to be enjoying it thus far.

When I was painting it I had time to look it over a bit better. They did cut some corners with the welds, you can see they are pretty rough. They will hold, for sure. But they are not pretty. And the sharp corners could have easily been smoothed out. I will have to watch out when lil obi is walking around the front of the truck to make sure he doesn't cut himself.

I am happy I have a steel bumper now, seriously. But Based on what TC and SAKS dealt with, I know no one in the VAXC will be suggesting/supporting TAG again. Everyone who asks about my bumper and where it came from - I tell them they don't make them anymore and to go with anyone else.