InSain GB Fulfillment Updates

NMTerras

Suspension Lift
Hello All -

Starting this thread to provide updates on status of order fulfillment on the InSain Fab group buy. We are doing everything we can to expedite the process of getting product shipped, including bringing in a couple people (including myself) to address some unforeseen challenges and help Chris NYX and Corey wrap this thing up. Note: This thread is not to perpetuate the blame game, it is in place solely to provide information to those waiting for product. ALL of our efforts are focused on moving forward. So...I will try to provide daily (probably weekdays only) general updates in this thread. As warranted, I will continue to contact people individually.
So, as of today, here's where we are:
- We are in the process of untangling some logistical issues with the UPS shipping. I don't want to promise a specific day invoices will be going out because I don't know yet, but I am hopeful that changes very soon.
- Second gen plate front bumpers are for the most part at the shop ready to ship, or at the powdercoater, If you do not know which category you are in, feel free to PM me. (Note - I only have access to the spread sheet from which I am working during business hours)
- Second gen rear bumpers are same deal as fronts, above.

The following items have not yet been built, and I will provide a timetable for them as soon as I can:
First gen rear bumpers (5), first and second gen sliders (2 each), Second gen tube front bumpers (2).

Finally, Corners....There are nine people with orders for corners. The issue with corners is fitment. While it is easy for the builder, Corey, to install and make them fit and look good (takes him about 30 minutes), it is not a simple process and not an easy one if you are not already handy at it. These will be the last of the items built, and it may take a while. If you would rather have a refund than wait, we are more than happy to do issue one to you. I would like if possible to get a head count for those who would rather get their money back than wait, so let me know.

That's it for now, I appreciate the majority of you understanding we are doing our best to get this thing back on track on rolling. If you have any questions, shoot me a PM. This way Corey can concentrate on doing what he does best - fabricating.

Should have more specifics on the shipping and timelines by tomorrow. Thanks!
-- NMTerras

J Everett

Suspension Lift
Founding Member
Excellent. I can't speak for anyone else, but I am in no rush for mine and I always expected a really long lead time because of how many orders were placed at one single time.
No sweat off my back. The updates are, of course, very welcome. Kudos for keeping the information lanes open.

NMTerras

Suspension Lift
Hey NM,

As you guys are quite local for me, let Chris and Corey know I'm happy to help get them caught up in any way I can. From fab to packaging to whatever.

I have Friday's through Sunday's off to do this. I don't have anything ordered and am not looking to get any payment for the help, just looking to pay it forward. You have my contact info if needed.

Cheers,
JP

Thanks Josh! I hit you up on the bookface :)

NMTerras

Suspension Lift
Guys - partial update. For those of you wanting to know when first gen items will be built, the second gen items have to be completed first as only one "jig" at a time can be used. In other words, it would be a waste of time and effort to switch back and forth. Sorry for the inconvenience, first gen guys, but someone had to go first. And let's be honest, this GB got real big, real fast. The shop is doing its best to catch up, but still produce quality product, and tackling these products by type at the same time is the best way to do that. Thanks for your patience.

NMTerras

Suspension Lift
Ok guys - got a lot of PMs over the weekend, when I didn't have access to them. Unfortunately, I also had a head-on with an elk and have been dealing with that. I know a handful of bumpers are going out tomorrow. As far as those of you who have product with which you are not satisfied, all I can say is try to hang in there, because right now the priority is to get ordered items out, and finish building out the order.
With regard to QC - I suspect much of this has to do with the unexpectedly large size of the GB. Alot of the welding and finish work was farmed out to folks at the PC shop who obviously are not of the same quality craftsmen. Corey is doing his best to work it out going forward, obviously that is small consolation to those of you dealing with it now. All I can say is please be patient.

NoahSki

Wheeling
Can you provide a list of whose is shipping or waiting to ship. I know mine has been ready for weeks and haven't gotten an invoice yet.

NMTerras

Suspension Lift
Anybody get shipping label notifications yet? Cgregg, i actually don't see yours as ready on my list...at the powder coater is what I show. Noah, you are one I would have expected to receive notification, perhaps last night?

NoahSki

Wheeling
Anybody get shipping label notifications yet? Cgregg, i actually don't see yours as ready on my list...at the powder coater is what I show. Noah, you are one I would have expected to receive notification, perhaps last night?
Nope. Didn't get anything. Are you perhaps trying to send it to my old username which is listed on the group buy (pro-4Xtreme) or my current username?

NMTerras

Suspension Lift
Alright guys, sorry to report I am not going to continue to act as messenger on this anymore. I have relayed all of your addresses to IF and to Chris for shipping. However, if you want to PM me your email, I'll send that along also. Beyond that I will have no further involvement with this GB. Sorry fellas, just wasn't worth it. Especially over on the other forum.

Firefighter4607

Test Drive
Founding Member
Alright guys, sorry to report I am not going to continue to act as messenger on this anymore.

Thanks for atleast giving it a try. I bet you probably got flooded with alot of information/complaints that had nothing to do with fulfilling the rest of the group buy. Thanks again for stepping up!

DC xterra

Wheeling
thanks for stepping in and trying to help!

on another note how do i contact corey or anyone and IF, no emails or phone calls are being answered

NoahSki

Wheeling
So after messaging Chris, I was told my bumper is now not ready. Corey and NMTerras both said it was ready weeks ago. Wtf is going on?

NMTerras

Suspension Lift
Well, here's the info I got - cgregg, the info I had always showed your bumper being at the powder coaters. I do know Corey was not getting a response from them on when they would be done. Noah, I orginally got a list from Chris NYX showing all the customers and what they bought. Then, Corey sent me the list with his notes, which had you listed as one of the bumpers that was ready. ("ready to go here" was the note next to your name and front bumper) This apparently was a mistake, albeit an innocent one.

NMTerras

Suspension Lift
So does anyone know the status of my bumper? What does "ready to go here mean"?

Well, apparently it meant Corey thought your bumper was at the shop and ready to go, but he was mistaken and your bumper is, in fact, one of the ones still at the powder coater. What does that mean in terms of time to you? No idea. Corey asked the PC shop for a time frame and didn't get an answer back. If and when that changes, I'm sure updates will be shared. I know it's frustrating, but when nothing changes there's nothing new to report. Sorry man.

NoahSki

Wheeling
Mine was ordered raw. Shouldn't have went to PC. I know it's not your fault. Thanks for going out of your way to give me the update, greatly appreciated. Do you know of a way to get ahold of anybody over at the shop. Getting a bumper that is powder coated will create alot of work for me.

NoahSki

Wheeling
Corey @ InSain Fabrication just emailed me back and said that our bumpers are at the powder coaters to be welded and get the finish grinding. He said he builds them on a vehicle @ the shop (which I am guessing is N.Y.X.'s truck) then he sends them to the powder coater to have his guys do the finish welding and grinding.
From Corey "my bumper will ship next week"

InSainFab

Bought an X
Hey all, issues being some confusion with the configurations in lighting on the front plate bumpers to the powder coater being confused on what needed to be done and things were left out all to the flash flood warnings and their powder coat computer was fried last night.

As far as accusations that this is somehow N.Y.X.’s fault, they are false. Unfortunately we ran into unforeseen issues while running this GB and it has been a learning experience for all. I thought I would be able to handle this without problem and that proved to be more difficult than expected as you all know. But he agreed to let me use his rig, help with shipping and other things as well and he has done all of that and then some. We do not need to create problems with local relationships due to this GB.

I am trying my best to dig out of this hole and we are in the home stretch at this point. Unless there are major issues with the powder coat, all front plate bumpers will be done by next week and Chris will reach out for shipping. We will sort out the issues; it will just take some time as I am a one man band with a little assistance. Please give us time to catch up and try and deliver, we would greatly appreciate it and 100% understand your frustrations. Thank you for your time.

DC xterra

Wheeling
i got an update from Corey that 1gen stuff will be started in a week or so, bit of a bummer but i know how good of a product he puts out so it worth it