Help ID'ing EVAP Component

KChurch86

Banned
Founding Member
So a while ago my truck started throwing a P0456 and P0442. Yesterday I had my friend diagnose it with his smoke machine and we located the leak in what his professional manual called the "vent control valve". All of the research I've done says that the vent control valve is the one that mounts directly to the side of the canister, but that's not the part that's leaking.

The part that's leaking is located on the passenger side rear, above the frame rail. It's got two small rubber lines attaching it to a small white piece and a green electrical connector that plugs into it from above.

Here's the pictures I managed to get of it:

fecbfb852b9bfd94cf2dc3793a5a4e6c.jpg

590273d2aa535486359970117838e608.jpg

b5b5e2dc12132844039677c02bfe2fd8.jpg

The white piece It's connected to:
0e0c2c16379af2397e260944072ecfb8.jpg

So, what is it called? It's obviously a valve of some sort, given the electrical connector and the way it's connected to the rest of the system, but after doing some reading I don't believe it to be the vent control valve.

Last edited:

KChurch86

Banned
Founding Member
Hmm...if I go by the schematic, I don't believe so, but if I go by the actual product images, it looks pretty similar to the broken piece. It mounts in the same way (metal bolt formed into the housing) but the orientation of the nipples (heehee!) doesn't match.

I think I'll have to pull the thing out and see if I can get a part number from it.

KChurch86

Banned
Founding Member
Which sucks, because it's not exactly easy to get to, lol. It's got to come out eventually but I'd like it if I didn't have to remove it, get the number, put it back in, then do it over again when it's time to install the new one. Ah well, such is life.

KChurch86

Banned
Founding Member
I agree that it's that part. Now to find a better price than $95 for it..
evapsolenoids.png
So, which of those do we think is the right part? I've seen all of the names of various EVAP components interchanged and I can't tell what's what.

Of the parts in the RockAuto listing screenshot, which one should I get?

I've put it off for long enough and I figure now that it's winter and there's snow on the ground, and the truck is due for inspection by the end of the month...derp

KChurch86

Banned
Founding Member
Upon closer inspection, it's none of those parts, it's the Vapor Canister Purge Valve, specifically, the one from Rock Auto with the green connector - Airtex/Wells part number 2M1259. It's out of stock.

Courtesy Parts has the right part in stock but it's $106, so I'll check on the local parts store in the morning and if the don't have it I'll have to buy from CP.

KChurch86

Banned
Founding Member
So, picked up the part this morning and figured that since it proved rather difficult to track down and ID, I figured I'd share the various part numbers from each manufacturer I found it to be available from.

From Courtesy Parts, it's part #14933-0Z80A and lists at $107

From Dorman, it's part #911-510 I got it from Carquest, $80

From Airtex Wells, it's part #2M1259 RockAuto listed it as out of stock at the time of this post, so there was no price listed. They also carry 2 other options, but they are physically different from this one. The Airtex Wells part specifically states "Green Connector", which I needed for my application. The orientation of the electrical connector, 2 hose nipples, and mounting bolt are different on the other 2 parts.

74ff1ab69d0958eabdcdfbcbaece94c4.jpg

24238188c7e0aacc11cde68b657e4fee.jpg

cc712d0feaeb789343e05297c337960a.jpg

Last edited:

KChurch86

Banned
Founding Member
Did the job today, not fun at all. Had to drill out the bolts holding these in to make room:

ed3332f5107ef5c053b1b36f52dfac88.jpg

Then had to drill a small hole through the crossmember to gain access to the nut/bolt on the valve, then drilled a hole into that so I could break it off. The nut wouldn't turn, so breaking the bolt was my only option.

Once that was done I sliced the two rubber hoses and removed them from the white piece they attach to. While doing that, the valve broke in half. I sourced some "new" hoses from the charcoal canister of a junk '80 or '90-something Subaru Legacy sedan at my in-law's house (no way to get to the parts store) and put it all back together. Took way longer than I'd hoped it would, but it's all fixed and should pass inspection now (once I fix a few unrelated other things.)

27782a6ed9008dda69ab25acfc521100.jpg

rawkerstatus

Bought an X
Founding Member
so theres this one and one under the hood right? by the ABS pump. i have code P0442 also and am quite annoyed now with it. did both codes clear once you installed the new part?