Xaggerated's first car

Xaggerated

Tricycle
I am the proud owner of a 2002 Alpine Green Metallic Nissan Xterra SE.
I was lucky enough to have my mom purchase a car for me when I was only 15. After a long search I found the X and did some research. After finding out all the potential and the community associated around it the decision was a no brainer and we drove it home that day.

Mods:
Removed rear sway bar
Removed plastics/step rails
Intake Mod
Windows approx 12% tint
Doug Thorley Long tubes
Custom dual straight pipes from the headers back
S/C Radiator
Bilstein 5100 in the rear
PML awaiting install

Some pics when I got it

As she sits now
2-5-16 2_zps034rfps9.jpg

2-5-16 1_zpstroswlkl.jpg

When I got the X not alot happened for a while seeing as I didn't have a job yet. During this sort of downtime I did all of the free/cheap mods such as removing plastics, Sway bar, and the intake mod.

I was getting an oil change/doing a checkup one day when we found out the radiator was busted so S/C rad here we come

After about a year and a half of owning the X I finally had the funds for these and on they went.

My experience with the install wasn't that bad since I had access to a shop with lifts, air tools, etc. but I can definitely see where some of the horror stories come from for the non BL people.

So the thinking was "If I'm willing to put headers on an Xterra, I might as well go all out and get an exhaust made." So I was in the shop getting dual straight pipes made within a few days.

So I got curious as to just how many horsepowers a 14 year old 200,000 mile xterra with some mods can make. The logical thing to do was to take it to a dyno and do some runs.

Dyno 2 2-5-16_zpsohmiv2yk.jpg

Dyno 3 2-5-16_zps94iqywrv.jpg

[video=youtube;NNHHm0hppqI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNHHm0hppqI[/video]

And that was that, I had set a new record on that dyno at a whopping 138.6whp@5000rpm and 159.7ft-lbs@3500rpm.
Dyno sheet 2-5-16_zpsnp8y93ob.jpg

Last edited: