What's a fair price to pay for a body lift install?

mikesbaron

Test Drive
1. Is there any difference, aside from height in doing a 2" vs 3" body lift? I already have a 1.5" rear shackle lift with torsion cranking I'll be doing here shortly.

2. If I buy a body lift, what brand or company is the best product?

3. How much is a fair price to pay someone or a shop to install it?

Xaggerated

Tricycle
The majority of people go with the 2 in bid lift as the 3 in is a lot more involved with extending lines and such.
As for brand it doesn't really matter as long as you've got the right stuff it works.
And for price I've been told around 200ish by shops in my area but it could be different for you.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

XTP_Dyer

First Fill-Up (of many)
1. The 3" will require some longer hoses and relocation of a few parts under the hood (so I've been told). I did the 2" and even that put tension on some parts.

2. I would go to the DIY section on this forum and find the "2" DIY BL" parts thread. Mine was pieces together for $74 even to my door in two days. P&P uses the same parts list to make their kits that they sell for *double* the price.

3. I would recommend checking out the How-To and consider doing it with some buddies. That, or you could see if there are some local members out your way who would be willing to help. TN members were able and willing to teach/help me do mine. Not entirely sure what a shop would charge, but I would assume at least a 3-4 hour shop charge if I had to guess.

Tay-Lo

I'm the king of junk food!
Do it yourself.....i had 1 buddy help me and was did it in about half a day.

Get a impact/sockets/extentions. .....trust me....they make it way easier. Also go ahead and get a new longer radiator outlet hose....mine snapped the outlet port so i had to buy a completely new radiator and a hose

Sent from my pocket computer

StupidFish

Need Bigger Tires
Yea. Do it yourself. Its realy straightforward. Just remember to pb blast the body bolts 3, 2, and 1 days before doing the install. Makes removing the old bolts easy.

thecoalition

Call me Daddy
1. Yes, someone answered earlier
2. Nisstech
3. Get some locals in your area to help for free. Most shops will charge at least half a days work which is about $500 for something that is really easy to do.

MichaelS75

Bought an X
That's because the first link is for a 1st gen (2000-2004) Xterra and the second is for a 2nd gen (2005+). What year is yours? I would go ahead and buy a longer radiator hose regardless. If it's not needed, just return it. Also, I think both of those kits are wayyyyy overpriced. I pieced a BL together for my 02 spending less than $80. And I bought the exact same bolts, pucks etc.

cpalka9

Bought an X
The kit form 4x4 parts comes with a relocation kit for the radiator so you won't need a longer hose. It lowers the radiator to keep it in front of the engine instead of moving it up with the body. Like Michael mentioned the nisstech one is for years 2005 and up

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
That Nisstec body lift won't work on your X. Piece the kit together yourself. It's the cheapest way to buy the same thing everybody else is selling.

harryron

The Grumpiest of Mid-Westerners
Would a 13 1/4" long hose be long enough to compensate for the body lift?

sent from the middle of a corn field.

MichaelS75

Bought an X
Don't quote me on this but I believe I bought an upper rad hose off a D21 pickup. The stock hose I got was quite a bit longer than what was needed after the 2" BL but it had the perfect bend in it. All I had to do was mark it off and cut it to the proper length. I wouldn't even worry about the radiator relocation if you piece the kit together yourself, the lower rad hose will be fine even after the 2" BL. The easiest thing to do is to remove the lower fan shroud and just slap a new upper hose on.

harryron

Do you remember what year of d21? I bought the hose today but can return it. The one I bought was for a 04 xterra it was the longer of the two.

MichaelS75

Bought an X
"For the Upper Radiator hose, as I was lifting, it wanted to come off. Someone else had theirs snap off the plastic radiator fitting. So I got a new hose just so I didn't risk it.. From AUTOZONE - Part # L-546, $9.99. It's much longer than you need, but it has a section in it that has the correct bends and is longer just where you need it - just cut it to proper length."

Found this ov
er on CX... Here's the link to the hose from autozone. Exactly what I ended up using -> http://www.autozone.com/1/products/281336-hose-dayco-e71446.html

Tay-Lo

I'm the king of junk food!
HA!! they were probably talking about me. The hose I got I had to cut too.....also had to install a new radiator

harryron

Thanks for the help guys! I will return the one I got and get the correct one.

harryron

Well I got the correct one ordered will be here sometime this week.