Fan hitting the radiator

cpalka9

Bought an X
So has anybody else had this problem? I've gone through three radiators so far trying to figure this out. Is it just the fan clutch? It seemed that one of the blades was bend out so I fixed that and it still happened. I was able to drive it around all day but I was taking it easy. It wasn't until after having to merge with traffic and reach around 4000rpm that I started spraying coolant all over everyone behind me.
I didn't think it was fan clutch at first because it didn't seem to have any play in it but I found that it does have a bit of a wobble to it at higher rpms but is that just the centrifugal force on it (don't know if that's the right term)?

You can see the rubbing on the lower part of the shroud and the damage to the bottom of the radiators.

Cruecible

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
If it was a motor mount I would have driveline issues too right? It drives just fine though

Not necessarily. My driver side motor mount was trashed, and as a result, the torque induced twisting of the engine caused my intake boot to rip and put excessive wear on the other mount as well as the transmission mount.

Now, I'm not saying that I experienced the same issue with the radiator as you and my replacing of the motor mount solved that. But, it would be a good first place to look.

Do you have a body lift?

cpalka9

Bought an X
Not necessarily. My driver side motor mount was trashed, and as a result, the torque induced twisting of the engine caused my intake boot to rip and put excessive wear on the other mount as well as the transmission mount.

Now, I'm not saying that I experienced the same issue with the radiator as you and my replacing of the motor mount solved that. But, it would be a good first place to look.

Do you have a body lift?

What should I look for with the motor mounts? I do have a body lift.

Cruecible

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Start it up, pop the hood, and use the throttle linkage to rev it up quick. If the whole engine shifts and jerks rather violently, it's probably bad. Aside from my intake boot ripping, how I noticed mine was the 4x4 shift lever was jerking whenever I would turn around a corner and the weight of the engine shifted