Howdy from Texas

kirk

Butterfly King
Supporting Member
Just surfed over from clubxterra.org, wanted to say Hi, so Hello!

Recently acquired my second Xterra. This time its a 2003 4wd 5spd, with 127k. Got it as a trade, planned to make it my daily for awhile. Nothing crazy like most of you, I just like Xterras, and this one seemed nice. Clean Carfax, but its got some wonky things going on that makes me think it wasn't taken care of as well as I would have liked. When I got it, it had No maintenance records, so I didn't know if the Timing belt was ever done, kind of bounced around on the road, clutch pedal is squeaky as hell, hood rubs the plastic cowl upon opening, etc. Hope to learn a ton here, hope I don't wear you out with stupid questions.

My new X:

1767159c77e90af67ef1451d8969fca5.jpg

Last edited:

Jack Stilts

Skid Plates
Welcome from Michigan!

Like Casey said, we love stupid questions. Rumor has it that XterraNation is the most polite forum on the net these days.

Also jealous of your 5-speed!

kirk

Butterfly King
Supporting Member
Hey guys thanks for the welcome! I have plenty of plans, just seems the repairs are slowing it down. PML probably first, I got slightly larger tires and bilstiens but more out of necessity than anything else. Love yours btw including those roof lights. Pain to wire?

Oh, and I have four or five of these laying around. Probably put them on for no reason.

bcddec74826ff2529efbb409162d3f9b.jpg

Cruecible

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Hey guys thanks for the welcome! I have plenty of plans, just seems the repairs are slowing it down. PML probably first, I got slightly larger tires and bilstiens but more out of necessity than anything else. Love yours btw including those roof lights. Pain to wire?

Oh, and I have four or five of these laying around. Probably put them on for no reason.

bcddec74826ff2529efbb409162d3f9b.jpg

If you want to sell those, I will drive to your front door with cash in hand, AND trade you my wheels and tires so you'd have something to put on right away

kirk

Butterfly King
Supporting Member
239f6b7a287398ff385f42a01dc7c9fc.jpg

I would. But there's five and I'd hate to burden you with all that stuff. Although I did like your original 17s and BFGs you had. I read your build thread, very nice.

Last edited:

Cruecible

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Hahaha, I'd happily take the 5 and compensate you accordingly. My old 17's were in great shape and the person I sold them to got a screaming deal. My current desert runners are in great shape too and are my second favorite Xterra wheels only behind your exact ones pictured.

kirk

Butterfly King
Supporting Member
pieced them, two by two by one. The last two were new in box. I hope to get them mounted this week, I figure they'll look great against the black.