Spark plug socket lodged on my V6!!! Help!

xbassman

Test Drive
Careless error on my part, taking out spark plug on my 2002 X V6, not supercharged, left bank middle plug, just in front of the killer plug in the back. Plug is still tight in the head, was using to short of an extension on my rachet and when I took out extension and plug socket the socket fell off and is now sitting sideways on top of the plug. Been at it for 3 hrs trying to fish it out or get it vert so I could stab it with my extension but no luck. Looks like I'm gonna have to take off plenium to get to it unless there is a better way. How difficult is taking off the plen? Are the six hex bolts it or is there more to it. Dead in the water so any help would be appreciated.

Cruecible

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Don't know if it's feasible or not, but maybe get a thin extended magnet to pull it out? Or one of the long snake coil 4-prong grabber things to snag it?

Telescopic-Magnetic-Pick-up-Tool-Extended.jpg

Or

parts-grabber.jpg

BMW%20Z3%20-%20How%20to%20Replace%20the%20Thermostat%20-%20Showing%20the%20Grabber%20optional%20tool%20open.jpg

Muadeeb

Nissan al Gaib
Admin
Try the magnet or grabber first. Beyond that, the intake is five cap sockets, two hoses in back, a couple of electrical connectors, and the intake duct.

KChurch86

Banned
Founding Member
I've had luck with a piece of wire coat hanger straightened out with a very small bend in the end. Sometimes you can hook the end of the socket and pull it out, sometimes you can move it around to make getting to it with a magnet easier. A small magnet with a hole in it tied to a piece of string can work wonders, too.