Left side motor mount 3.3L SC

Ruff1

Test Drive
How to instructions? I generally know how but having trouble with wrench configuration for nut on top. The only other option, I see is to remove bracket with mount is that the easiest? Thanks for your time.

DC xterra

Wheeling
i did it with offset box wrenches, jacked the engine by oil pan carefully i used a 4x4 block of wood along the pan. unbolted the part connected to the frame, jacked it up removed it completely and poped a new one in.

rokdaddy

Wheeling
Founding Member
I don't remember running into trouble when I installed both sides earlier this year. Pretty sure I only used a ratcheting combination wrench. I started by disconnecting the top radiator hose and partially disassembling the radiator fan shroud to give a little wiggle room when (carefully) lifting from the oil pan. I may have disconnected something else, I don't remember. Definitely check for clearance yourself before lifting. I was surprised how high I had to lift to remove both sides; I think the tranny was just starting to touch the transmission tunnel when the old mounts came out.

-Rok