New tail light, wrong size

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
So I got a new tail light from eBay (I know, first mistake) but it was, "brand new, never installed." Anyway, I got it, everything looked great. I went to put the bulbs in, and the socket was too big to fit in the hole (go ahead and get those jokes out of the way :lolz:)

Going back to the eBay ad, he said the brand is Pilot Automotive and the part number is 11-5358-01. If this is correct, their website says it fits the 00-01 Xterras. HOWEVER, no where on the light does it say Pilot Automotive or that number. The light does have Depo and some other numbers that didn't come up in a Google search.

I really don't know what to do. Are the 02-04 sockets smaller and maybe it was boxed wrong? Should I just trial and error until I find a universal one that fits? Any help is appreciated!

Left is the new one, right is the one I got from Luke. Perfect fit. Thanks Luke haha

7CD7F7EA-621B-454B-AFEC-F4C7E7D74860_zpsj54sohos.jpg

Not enough lube in the world to slide it in

5AB4D5F7-0BF1-4B9B-9F24-E4F17EA5B12D_zpsyjbp3wz3.jpg

gonmudn

Test Drive
I'm glad I'm not the only one who had this issue!! I got a set of tail lights off of a 1st Gen and they wouldn't work on my 1.5 gen.....something is definitely different with the size of the sockets....I can't remember which side I had more issues out off....I'll look for them....if I still have them I'll bring them to Went...

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
I don't know what the deal is! But even in that picture up there, the bulb that's recommended for the signal light, and even says so on the light, doesn't fit in there, forget the socket!! I'm perplexed haha

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
That's really strange. There should be no difference between the 1.0 and 1.5 tail lights. Seems to me a manufacturing defect.

gonmudn

Test Drive
That's really strange. There should be no difference between the 1.0 and 1.5 tail lights. Seems to me a manufacturing defect.
I thought so too that's why I got a set off of a 1st Gen (parts truck) and damn if the socket holes were different......

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

caseycamby

Suspension Lift

It has to be! I just thought something quirky was going until the actual bulb didn't even fit. I may try to contact the manufacturer and see what they can do but buying it third party may hamper that notion.