Tool storage

mantree

Wheeling
I am looking to find a home in my xterra for a full set of tools. So far all I have come up with is the place where to stock jack goes since I don't use it. Has anyone elce come up with something diferent? I am tired of carrying my tool box in the usible storage space.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bklyn.X

Skid Plates
Supporting Member
Founding Member
I'm not trying to be a wise ass but what's your idea of a "full set of tools"?
For example any suggestion I make would be useless to you since mine includes the stock scissor jack. Even if it didn't all the crap I carry would not fit in the space it's stored.

mantree

Wheeling
I have a 2 by .75 by .75 foot box full of tools plus some of tools in my truck. My 4runner had big side pockets that I could fit it all in but the xterra has little pockets in the sides. I have spent years finding the most compact tools and preferably ones that are multiple use like dual drive extending ratchets. Everything in my box is in its own tool role (wrenches, sockets and the such) I have a digital tourqe wrench that goes on the end of a ratchet so it saves space. I think I would have to remove the bracket that holds the jack which will be replaced by a high lift on the tire carier.

Muadeeb

Nissan al Gaib
Admin
My suggestion would be some kind of custom platform with drawers in the bottom. I've seen people do it before. Couple of drawers, covered compartments for various things (straps, jumper cables, hoses), all of it covered by a solid deck a few inches higher than what's in the cargo space now.

Bklyn.X

Skid Plates
Supporting Member
Founding Member
I agree with Muadeeb's suggestion of some kind of custom platform with drawers in the bottom for what you have and want.
I just strap down a few tool boxes when I wheel and take them out of the truck when I’m not.

mantree

Wheeling
I agree with Muadeeb's suggestion of some kind of custom platform with drawers in the bottom for what you have and want.
I just strap down a few tool boxes when I wheel and take them out of the truck when I’m not.
My tools live in the truck because I don't have a garage. I do alot of work in dirt lots