96seadooXP

Test Drive
Hello all
New member here, looking forward to being a part of this forum.
a77a3b04b71fe068a5868b761fe6feb0.jpg
94f1f2f05595d1c68df135e9a75d106d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96seadooXP

Test Drive
I'll be looking to do a 2-3" lift over the winter. I'm no mechanic but am pretty handy with tools. Any recommendations on kits and tire combos?

Thanks for the welcome

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
I'll be looking to do a 2-3" lift over the winter. I'm no mechanic but am pretty handy with tools. Any recommendations on kits and tire combos?

Thanks for the welcome

Your options are a cheap 1.5" lift called a Poor Man's Lift (PML) which consists of lift shackles ($80) and cranking the torsion bars (free as long as you don't break anything).

With trimming the front plastic you can run 32x11.50s.

The 2nd option is a full 3" lift. About $400 for upper control arms, $180 for upgraded torsion bars, the same lift shackles as the PML, and $180 for an add-a-leaf in the rear.

You don't have to trim as much to run 32s but you really should do a 2" Body lift for 33x12.50s.

Joey

First Fill-Up (of many)
Welcome aboard! You can also do a 2" body lift for about $70. this is my truck with a 1.5" PML and a 2" bd

Attachments

• 20160802_181954.jpg
    20160802_181954.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 10

Joey

First Fill-Up (of many)
How difficult was the body lift?

Not hard, my buddy and I did it in like 4 hrs. The biggest thing for me, was removing the 4x4 boot in the cab and cutting the shifter slot bigger with a saws-all. The 4x4 knob didn't want to come off, there is a thread on here about how to remove it. It screws off I swear!

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Not hard, my buddy and I did it in like 4 hrs. The biggest thing for me, was removing the 4x4 boot in the cab and cutting the shifter slot bigger with a saws-all. The 4x4 knob didn't want to come off, there is a thread on here about how to remove it. It screws off I swear!
That's a case by case thing though. Not all trucks need it. My 1st gen required no modifications at all for the transfer case shifter. So don't worry about it until you have to.

Last edited: