Saying good bye to XN ownership

drbandkgb

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
As Ive stated in the past when the time had come to move on from the forum ownership, XN would not be sold to a corporate forum company but given to a person that loves the community as I have for nearly 10 years. The Xterra community has been a huge part of mine and my families life since I started XN back in 2011. But the time has come for me to allow the site to grow under new leadership.

I would like to say thank you to a few people who some of you may know.

Rattfink - "The amish" Johann has been a friend since I joined clubXterra in 2009. When I brought up the idea of doing XterraNation, Rattfink helped with coding issues and the first draft of the XN logo. Johann has traveled many miles helping the XN brand to spread all over the U.S.
With out his late night chats and guidance I would not be typing this today. With that I want to say thank you for your friendship and helping build what we have today.

Xterror04 - When I approached Luke with the idea of a Nissan Xterra forum I needed a name to call it. I had a handful of ideas but nothing seemed to stick and then Luke said Xterra Nation. Luke said "everyone likes these nation things" so that was it. With Luke's help and design background most of the graphics you see and may own are 95% all him. Lifestyleoffroad.com creates all the clothing we have ever offered and with out Lukes help and friendship XN would not be in many of the offroad pictures you see daily.

Timrich - Mr Tricha8441 has been my buddy for many years now. With Tims help we established the social aspect of XN. Tim isn't going to mod his Xterra a ton but what he did do is keep us late shift guys chatting over the years. With Tim's help and before most of us were Facebook heavy we started the post whore threads. This allowed people to just bs and post up about our lives vs just tech talk.

These guys were the help and drive to make XN what it is today and I truly couldn't have started this with out you so I say thank you for everything you have done and your continuing friendship.

Every person who has been a moderator here has been a person who brought something different to the site. 95% of the moderator core has attended Nissan events and worked hard to keep the forum friendly and bash free. I owe each of you for your passion and heart for XN..

Ive known for a few months that it was time to give a new person the wheel of XN but it had to be the right person. It had to be a person who understood the Xterra and keep the spirit of XN going for years to come. Jay AKA PRIME will be the guy to lead the forum into the future. Jay has owned both Gens of Xterra and has a great understanding of each version. I feel like Jay will keep the spirit of XN alive yet take us to the next level in years to come. I personally know Jay and his family for many years nowand I'm proud to call him a friend. Starting January 1st 2017 all XN dealing will be his and his core of moderators. I look forward to seeing XN grow with Jay leading the charge.

I must admit its a little sad to give up XterraNation.. The idea has grown to something more than I could have ever hoped for...

So with this post Im saying good bye to the ownership of the website and hello to being a normal member of XN.
Thank you all for allowing me to be apart of your lives.

Dave "drbandkgb" Boyd

PS: I will still be a huge part of the Nissan world through the Nissan podcast www.nissannationpodcast.com and the premier Nissan offroad event www.wentwindrock.com

Last edited:

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Dave,

I'm honored that you deem me worthy to take over this great place that you guys have built. I'll do everything in my power to make sure that it continues to be the awesome place that you brought to us.

Macland

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Dave you are awesome. I haven't been involved much in recent times bit I enjoyed very much getting this thing off the ground floor. In that time of my life I had lots of spare time and I loved spending that time with the Xterra Nation. I know Prime will do an amazing job going forward and I wish him the best with his crew. It would absolutely make sense for me to step down as an admin and moderator considering life has pulled me in other directions as well. I want to commend the core group of people who have made this such a wonder community. From the GPWS binge contests to the amazing charity that this group has shown to each other it has been a blast and I know things will continue being great under Jason's leadership.

Kudos to David for remaining true to his original promise that XN wouldn't be sold to corporate jackoffs or anyone who would ruin it! Cheers friends

JeffPro4x

Hot Pipe
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Sad to see you go Dave. You guys built an amazing place here.

33636.jpg

sent from a crawlspace...

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Dave you are awesome. I haven't been involved much in recent times bit I enjoyed very much getting this thing off the ground floor. In that time of my life I had lots of spare time and I loved spending that time with the Xterra Nation. I know Prime will do an amazing job going forward and I wish him the best with his crew. It would absolutely make sense for me to step down as an admin and moderator considering life has pulled me in other directions as well. I want to commend the core group of people who have made this such a wonder community. From the GPWS binge contests to the amazing charity that this group has shown to each other it has been a blast and I know things will continue being great under Jason's leadership.

Kudos to David for remaining true to his original promise that XN wouldn't be sold to corporate jackoffs or anyone who would ruin it! Cheers friends
Well said. Thanks Mac.

Also, no 'son

Just Jay.

/not short for anything
//legal name

KChurch86

Banned
Founding Member
Wooow!

Not sure what to say, but I'm very glad you're still going to be involved with the NN Podcasts and all. I think we'll all be in good hands under Jay's control.

Thank you Dave (and all others involved) for building this great space that we've all grown to know and love.

dixie1865

Bought an X
I want to ad my thanks to you (Dave) for the site and for organizing WENT/NXM. I have made many new friends and have great memories thanks to your vision. I look forward to the future of XN, more friends, and new memories.

Cruecible

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Thank you Dave for creating XN and bringing together most of these clowns that I can call friends. I know that Jay will be an excellent leader going forward,

Are you keeping the other Nation sites?

Timrich

Super Duper Moderator
Founding Member
It's bitter sweet hearing this news but it's completely understandable. I've often wondered how you had time to keep up with it all. Thank you for the kind words Dave. I can honestly say that I've loved every minute being a member of XN and look forward to seeing what Jay does to push it to the next level. I am glad to call you a friend Dave and we owe it all to the xterra. We would have never met had it not been for these trucks. I only wish we lived a little closer so we could hang out more than once a year...lol

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

bottobro

I'm a pretty girl!
Supporting Member
Thank you Dave for all you have done. I know I made some good friends from this board. I wish you luck on your future endeavors.

Jay good luck man! And congrats

send from Nov. 5 1955

Doug

Test Drive
Thanks Dave!!

This place has been a wellspring of good information for me as I've built & rebuilt this jalopy of mine! I sure appreciate the work.
And make no mistake folks - it's work on the backside of any website!

Congrats Jay!
(I'll offer condolences via p.m. - see above quote re: 'work'!)

I'm looking forward to bringing my 'hybrid' to Went'17 ... hope to shake y'all hand in-person, then.

Creepy Cruiser

Sliders
Site Sponsor
Founding Member
Wow, I don't check in for a couple days, and all hell breaks loose, lol.

Thanks Dave for all you have done for this community, and I'm glad you'll still be sticking around.

Your baby will be in good hands with Prime at the wheel.

Jack Stilts

Skid Plates
Late to the party on this, but I'd also like to thank Dave for everything he's done. This was / is a great place to learn and chat and party. Looking forward to the new reich.