The NEW XterraNation

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
XterraNation is a forum for enthusiasts, by enthusiasts. It always has been and it will continue to be. As cliché as that sounds, its the truth. This place was created out of a passion for these trucks. XNs founder, Dave (drbandkgb), told us all that when it was time for him to move on from running this place that it would not be sold to one of the conglomerates that owns all the other forums out there. I'm looking at you AutoGuide.

That brings us to where we are today. Most of you know me. Better than I'd care to admit....but for those that don't,

My name is Jay. And well....

1b79cc6c29c59a2ba1d213367ebec08438ec0cc7ca33c985fb93ee1d53265c05.jpg

HA! Now that I have your attention, let's talk about me for a minute. If you guys have a better feel from where I'm coming from, I think this transition will be a LOT smoother. I'm a VA native. Lived in the same geographic area for almost 40 years now. I hate it here. My wife and I are planning to move to Colorado in the next few years. Which will be great. I've got zero patience for bullshiat. And so much apathy I don't know what to do with myself. Say what you're thinking, ufck what everyone else thinks, and be you. That's how I like to live. My phrase that I've found guides my life and has worked pretty well for my so far?

"Expect nothing. Prepare for everything."

If you don't have expectations you can't be disappointed. If you're prepared, you can go whichever way things take you.

I also enjoy, "Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations." But that's another story for another time.

Overall, I'm pretty easy going. It takes a lot to get me riled up in a real significant way. And I tend to let bygones be bygones.

I've always been a car guy. Gear head if you will. Petrol head if you're feeling British. And....I've always been a Nissan fan.

Dad had one of these when I was a kid:
CC-15-038-800.jpg

I even think it was that color. And that was my first exposure.

I learned to drive a manual in Dad's 95 Altima SE Exactly like this one:
1994_nissan_altima_sedan_se_rq_oem_1_500.jpg

That sealed the deal for me. From that point on it had to have three pedals or I wouldn't touch it.

This was the same time the Z32 was coming out and damn, what a sexy machine that was.
After high school I had a couple of v8 Fox Body mustangs.

The first one:
shavedhandles_zps104unhy3.jpg

I dumped about 10k into that car. And it ended up like this:
accident8_zps10d5d54a.jpg

I bought another Mustang that started out like this:
roofshot1_zps22e7a12e.jpg

And I still have that Mustang in my garage. It's now blue (of course) and in a constant state of modification.

2014-05-10202241_zpsb4d12235.jpg

I never could afford a Z32....but my next Nissan was a gold/brown 86 Z31 like this:
300zx.jpg

T-Tops, digital dash, the lot. Got it for so cheap it should have been illegal. Ended up giving it to an ex-girlfriend on the condition that she go away and never return. I still wonder if she's out there somewhere.......the car, not the girl.

That was right about the time that the X first came out. 2001 I think (I know that the X came out in 99 as a 2000 model year, but it wasn't on my radar until then, calm down). 2002 rolled around, and I fell in love. The 1.5. I loved the styling, the no bullshiat attitude, and of course, because it was a Nissan. I knew it would be great. But I was 22 and had no job. So I couldn't buy a new car. I settled for a Heep. A 92 YJ.

current_zpsg6lffj61.jpg

This is actually a picture of my Heep as it was when I got rid of it. This was my first exposure to wheeling and having 4wd in general. I was hooked. Over the 2 years I had that Heep I did a lot of work to it. Took it from bone stock, to a mild lift and some tires, blew the engine in a river, used engine and snorkel...it just kept going. One problem though. The electrical in that piece of crap couldn't keep up with the times. It started blowing crank sensors every other day. At $60 a pop and having to get the damn thing towed when it went, I sold it for pennies on the dollar to the electrical shop that I took it to to fix it.

A few years later (a few girlfriends and jobs later) I decided I needed an X in my life. Got registered on ClubXterra and started asking questions. I learned everything I could about shopping for one of these trucks.

I got my credit up good enough to get a car loan. First one ever. Then I went on the hunt. It took me 8 months and I had to drive 8 hours into NC, but I came home with this!

DSCN0337_zpssffqxpw4.jpg

65k on the clock, manual, 4wd, fog lights, the works. Bone stock. Paid a cool 8K for it.

Fast forward 4 years, a marriage, 2 kids, NXM 1, 2, & 3, and I brought it up to this:

u7u7usaj.jpg

Full build thread can be found here: http://www.xterranation.org/showthread.php?1181-Prime-z-X

The most important thing i learned from building this truck? The community of X owners is the coolest bunch of motherufckers I've ever met. We're all very like minded, we share a lot of common ground, and unlike a lot of Heep groups that I've seen over the years, we're surprisingly nice to eachother! Wheeling with you guys in this community has been some of the best vehicular experiences I've had in my life. Only some.....because there are others....that we can't talk about here.....

Then one day I'm talking with another XN member about him wanting an already modded 1st gen, and I had been thinking about moving to a 2nd gen (because more power and Titan Swap), so we worked out a deal and my 1st X went to a new home in Florida. It was supposed to be getting a SAS, but I haven't heard one way or another on that. I hope its still out there in good health.

That brings us to the current truck. Another bone stock purchase. Paid another $8k. 07 Off Road. Manual of course. A bit more mileage than the last one, but...

20160409_152327_zpstlcpmh0i.jpg

Had to go to CT for this one. And while it's not blue (I'm working on that, I promise), its been a great truck. Such an upgrade from the 1st gen. I miss the old truck to be sure. If I could have both I probably would.

Here's the new truck as it sits today.
c2fd2cdcefa88536556108cfd69e6108.jpg

You can see that I also have an R51 Pathfinder that is the wife's daily. She wheeled it at WENT a few years ago.

That takes us current on me. As you can see, I have a passion for these trucks. And I have a passion for modifications. I hope that I can hold up my end of this deal and give you guys a place to come together, talk trucks, talk wheeling, talk life, and make some real friends. Except for Jon. Ufck that guy.

The New XN is also taking over the XN Facebook page. Rob (thecoalition) is heading that up for us.

XN also has a twitter (@XterraNation) that will be manned by myself and Chris (Muadeeb).

If there's anything I can do, or things that you think would be good for XN as a community, let myself or one of the staff know about it. We're here to make sure that this place is your home for all things Xterra. It doesn't matter what gen you drive. So long as you love your truck.

Please be patient with me and the new XN crew during this transition. There are going to be some significant changes to the way things are organized, the different levels of the forums, as well as a mostly all new Admin and Mod crew. As soon as the dust has settled we'll get down to business of making this THE xterra destination on the interwebs.

Thanks. You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here.

/or maybe you can
//whatever

Cptpackrat

Bumpers Installed
Dearest leader Prime, a few questions from a lowly peasant such as myself. Will the new XN allow me to surf the forums in the nude? Can the there be a casual friday? Lastly, what happens if theres a fire?

I cant wait to see what kind of changes happen around this place. Currently the only forum I am on

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Dearest leader Prime, a few questions from a lowly peasant such as myself. Will the new XN allow me to surf the forums in the nude? Can the there be a casual friday? Lastly, what happens if theres a fire?

I cant wait to see what kind of changes happen around this place. Currently the only forum I am on

Yes. Sure. Call the fire dept.

mkgearhead

Test Drive
After reading your story I just remembered that my '03 X isn't my first Nissan! About 20 years ago I had a 1974 260Z. It had dual Webers, a header and a 5 speed when I got it. I picked it up at the back lot of a used car dealer for $150. :sure:

Kyle

Wheeling
Very nice. Good to see you're doing good Jay! I live in Chesapeake now. If you ever want any help working on your truck send me a yell. Looking forward to seeing your leadership on the community. - Kyle

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Very nice. Good to see you're doing good Jay! I live in Chesapeake now. If you ever want any help working on your truck send me a yell. Looking forward to seeing your leadership on the community. - Kyle
What brings you back to this hell hole?

dhyde79

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Good hands? Don't believe him he's a....wait...no....he's a pretty damned good guy. Good to see you're in charge Captain....

dhyde79

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Good to see y'all too....not sure how much I'll be on here, but, I figured I should at least come say hi to the new ship's captain....