Outside Linking?

Bklyn.X

Skid Plates
Supporting Member
Founding Member
Hope this is the place to ask.

When trying to spread the word about NEXTerra runs or events I am involved with or think folks within the "Nation" might be interested in I have almost always posted the name of the event, maybe a logo, when and where it will be with a link to the announcement thread on the NEXTerra board.

Example; http://xterranation.org/showthread.php?7834-2017-NEXterra-Northern-eXposure-Run!

It has been done this way to simplify things for an admittedly simple man. It is hard for me to keep track of everything I should in one thread and if it is spread out to the four or five boards I might announce these things on I'd be sure to screw up things even more than I already do.

I always try to answer questions within the threads I start on the board rather than link to an answer on another board unless it requires a lengthily answer that I've already answered elsewhere. This is not done to shift traffic but out of ether personal laziness or to avoid looking like even more like the self promoting post whore most folks think I am by copying/pasting from one board to another my inane ramblings verbatim

Once again I have just been plowing ahead without concern for any rules or regulations that only now realize I could be violating.

You all must know by now that my involvement in all things has always been all about me and my good time.

I do however truly apologize.

Please let me know if I should continue in the same manner or somehow modify my efforts so that they conform to the proper appearance.

Thank you for your attention and your efforts here on the "Nation"

Your servant, Tom (Bklyn.X)

Last edited:

JeffPro4x

Hot Pipe
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Tom. You're good buddy. We just don't want people answering questions with only a link to another forum.

sent from a crawlspace...

Bklyn.X

Skid Plates
Supporting Member
Founding Member
Just making sure I don't piss you guys off unintentionally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk