00 xterra build (aka quick silver) pt 2

mantree

Wheeling
back when I had resonators, the one attached to the intake tube was loose after an oil change and never threw a code. Truck ran like crap at idle, but run it did.
I'll check them. I have been thinking of just doing away with them since I hate clutter under the hood

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Muadeeb

Nissan al Gaib
Admin
I'll check them. I have been thinking of just doing away with them since I hate clutter under the hood

It's pretty easy. Just need a 1 1/2" test plug for the lower resonator (by the radiator), and I used a threaded 1 1/2" pvc plug for the intake tube.

mantree

Wheeling
Well just whent out to inspect and found this
32ccbd048d4bb0abb795ad4f1b24b7ea.jpg

And this...
cc77095bcffcde4ea8334158e7624d83.jpg

I guess I will order a new intake crossover and plug off the resonators

mantree

Wheeling
The crack isn't through and through but if it's that bad there is probably worse there so I have ordered a new one.
3e21b21bbd6a105d1fee70f11aef2dd7.jpg

33bc750dbe4638c4ba2d4ac689838a97.jpg

36f8e983efc83027894a2d2318eeb594.jpg

I used expansion plugs to plug up the resistors so we will see how that dose and the new crossover should be here by the 18th

mantree

Wheeling
7c10cc7a2bbd284fdfbdf41cef947357.jpg

3ca0a9d0580661ced68789b5028edbf3.jpg

They are on and I can turn them with 1 finger they are so smooth
cb99abfa6bed589f9761c24c485048b9.jpg

Any body interested in the factory autos give me a shout before they go for sale on ebay

mantree

Wheeling
So good luck on the totaled xterra. I got the frame stiffeners, a new drivers mud flap and new front seats. He even fired up the engine and it ran good but I don't need a new engine.

Bklyn.X

Skid Plates
Supporting Member
Founding Member
I'd hold on to a set of those auto hubs as trail spares if I was you bro.

The HB ones look great!

mantree

Wheeling
I'd hold on to a set of those auto hubs as trail spares if I was you bro.

The HB ones look great!
I have been looking for another set or maby just 1 more hb hub to keep as a spare... makes me miss my 4runner becaus the manual hubs for the t100 were a cheep and plentifully. I had a stock of 3 ets of hubs in the garage at my folks place but I gave them all to a buddy

mantree

Wheeling
So I pulled my intake hose and there was a 2.5 inch crack under the hose. So new one on and I will see how it runs tomorrow.

mantree

Wheeling
So the xterra is running much smoother. But the hubs were very hot after I got off the highway. I think I will pull and check them to see if they need more grease.

mantree

Wheeling
So I think it's actually brake heat from driving in town. If I drive on the highway and cost to a stop thay are warm but not hot.

mantree

Wheeling
On another note dose anyone know off the top of there head if the headlight buzzer is actually tied to the door jamb switch? My witch dosnt work and the buzzer dosnt eather

mantree

Wheeling
So I just called autozone and they can have the switch in but 1000 tomorrow morning and it is under $10 after tax so even if it dosnt work for the lights maby I will stop leaving my keys in the ignition.

mantree

Wheeling
So I think I have found a home for the compressor. If you look between the radiator and the grill there is a lot of room and if you were to mount a plate across the front bumper mounts you could mount a compressor there and run a air line down the frame to the tank in the rear. The only real down side I see is that it is then exposed to the elements.

mantree

Wheeling
so while avoiding studying for finals today I came across a interesting conversion using the power steering pump from a Toyota MRII to replace the old engine driven pump which would free up the space to mount a york compressor on the engine to use as a OBA compressor.
https://www.enginebasics.com/Advanced Engine Tuning/Electronic Power Steering.html
I ran a york on my old 4runner but the 6v on our trucks is packed in a little tight to fit as is

mantree

Wheeling
So I got my frame stiffeners and receiver on and the swaybar off
the upper bolts on the swaybar wouldn't come off and will have to be cut off latter

I also took the burnt out tail light as a opportunity to swap for led bulbs.
cb17c264ee7a9e56ea9f3bd5fbde1e1e.jpg

278ccc993d319750463aa18fd449c585.jpg

Last edited:

mantree

Wheeling
So I think that this is where I will mount my compressor with a bit of reworking of the evap junk
ql6rkLU.jpg

Gyh8PbP.jpg

I am going to rework the cruse control to fit the new relay block with the compressor under the hood i can take the wiring that was going to the rear for the compressor and run the use it to run the trailer controller then all i have to do is run a air line back to the tank

Last edited by a moderator:

mantree

Wheeling
So while working on my wife's AC at my friends shop I asked about a sas xterra in the lot. Aperrently they killed the auto trans and rear diff up in redfeather. Between the blown trans and diff and the amount of body damage it was declared a total loss. The shop has bought the truck and I am just waiting to hear back from the owner about swaping the tire carrier for my stock bumper.

Last edited:

mantree

Wheeling
Long story short I now have trailer wiring. It is a curt powered trailer converter installed In side the rear quarter panel with a new fuse block under the hood. I ran everything in and out through a grommet on the passenger side. I had to make a new battery cable to the fuse block a new battery cable to the fuse block.
pJvjwlj.jpg

V9y9JFK.jpg

OHi3VvS.jpg

Last edited:

mantree

Wheeling
And the 6 Guage wire to the new fuse panel is in. The panel will be moving to the inner fender but it works for now. The lights all work but I think I need to find a smaller relay box and mount the oba
fCVm3b5.jpg

Last edited:

mantree

Wheeling
Did some more wireing today, I got the wiring to the switch panel finished and got the rear veiw camera hooked up and the reverse flood switch wired. And a clean power line for the cb run to the center console.

mantree

Wheeling
I had a idea this morning at work that might be great or might be really bad. I picard up a box of off road lights that I had left at my perents house and found a pair of led flood lights that were put on my 4runner about a week before it was totaled. I am thinking that I might try to mount them where the air damn mounts to the roof rack. If that don't work I might drI'll through the roof rack and mount with a long bolt. Then I'll just run the wireing under the air damn and down the passenger side a pillar. I'll try it tonight and post some pictures.

Cptpackrat

Bumpers Installed
If theres any fabrication shops near you have them cut you a piece of flat alumimum stock and drill a couple holes to bolt to. Then you could mount anywhere

mantree

Wheeling
Did a test fit on a light
HF7rsAz.jpg

emEmV4m.jpg

MON3c1Z.jpg

I think it will work well. On a side note it seems that the weight of my trauma bag is to much for the plastick clips that hold the tailgate together so I will be forced to do something a bit stronger.
Vn2pJoD.jpg

Last edited:

mantree

Wheeling
Well I ended up drilling out the holes to put on threaded inserts and then drilled through the plastic to mouth it back with 1/4-20 bolts. I also mounted my axe but I will need to remove it all again because the cappy nutserts I used had abut half of them spin out, but I have a buddy with a few of the good nutserts in 1/4-20 I just have to run over to his shop. I still have a trenching tool and a mag light to mount on the tailgate and a fire extinguisher that I want to mount on one side.
XC1IRdP.jpg

Last edited: