ProComp AT Sport Opinions/Experience?

dhyde79

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
Do any of y'all have any experience with the procomp at sport? I'm considering them as replacements for my KM2's since apparently BFG shat on us and made the KM2 way softer than my first set, and then jacked the price way up....the AT Sport is a decent AT with a 60,000mi warranty and the local shops here all swear that they never see them come back with any problems, I can't find anything but decent reviews on them online either...I'm still skeptical...seems too good to be true that a badass tire that lasts that long is only $175 a pop....

what say you guys? any first hand (or even second or third hand) experience with them?

ryandavenport

First Fill-Up (of many)
I ran them for a while on my first 2nd gen. After 30k miles they were so noisy that I couldn't handle it anymore. They were also impossible to balance. I wouldn't buy another set, but maybe someone else has had better luck with them. I prefer the General Grabber AT2. I ran those on both Xterras and now the wife's Rover and they are great in all terrains. I had the Rover in some deep mud a few weeks ago and they performed flawlessly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dhyde79

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
ok, here's a quick tire review, mind you, I haven't had them for very long, but, I've already tested them out in a few environments....but first, the specs and such...

Manufacturer: ProComp (procompusa.com)
Model: AT Sport
Size: LT265/75R16 Load Range E (Part Number: 42657516)
Max Load: 3415lbs
Max Pressure: 80psi
Tire Diameter: 31.6"
Section Width: 10.2"
Tread Depth: 15.7/32nds"

Now that the boring **** is out of the way, here's what sold me on the tire:
Warranty: 60,000mi NON-PRORATED (only company I've found that doesn't do proration)
MSRP: 175.99/ea

Initial Impression: Good looking tire on the truck, not nearly as beefy looking as the KM2s were, but, at the same time, something about the look appeals to me MORE than my KM2s did. Side Lugs are decent, and, they don't bulge like the load range D duratracs did that I had them test-fit. The big circumferential voids/channels are nice, and the lug design should do nicely on most anything I throw at it. The lugs are of varying widths too, to help clean out snow/mud/etc.

Driving: they're SILENT...ok, maybe not, but, I sure don't hear them with my windows down at any point, other than when driving over overpasses, then it sounds the same as any other highway tire. I thought my KM2s were quiet, but I could at least hear them, they didn't have "mud tire howl", and were quieter than the KO/KO2, but these....these are friggin silent. The factory rugged trails were louder I'd bet. They're VERY responsive to driver input, and dry grip is terrifyingly strong, as is wet. They loved sand earlier, and even the mild mud I got into pulling a coworker out from a construction site...no packing or anything, I was very pleased. Oh...and according to my bullydog, I'm averaging 3mpg better than I was with the KM2s, and, I already got decent economy with those. My across town to work trips on the KM2s ranged from 14-16mpg, and the last two days, I've averaged 19mpg, at 75-85mpg. Tonight, I had a ton of wind, and, unlike the KM2s these felt planted. I'm truly looking forward to the upcoming months, maybe years with these tires, to see what comes of them.

All in all, I've had em for 2 days, and, I'm giving them the trial by fire, since I can take em back if I don't like em, and will get it sorted....but, so far, so good, I see no downsides to them yet..
tread.jpg

sidelugs.jpg

treaddepth.jpg

dhyde79

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
Founding Member
you'll have to excuse the inverted pictures, since, well, they look right side up on my computer and phone....I'm not sure why the board is turning em upside down....

redfeather

Test Drive
ok, here's a quick tire review, mind you, I haven't had them for very long, but, I've already tested them out in a few environments....but first, the specs and such...

Manufacturer: ProComp (procompusa.com)
Model: AT Sport
Size: LT265/75R16 Load Range E (Part Number: 42657516)
Max Load: 3415lbs
Max Pressure: 80psi
Tire Diameter: 31.6"
Section Width: 10.2"
Tread Depth: 15.7/32nds"

Now that the boring **** is out of the way, here's what sold me on the tire:
Warranty: 60,000mi NON-PRORATED (only company I've found that doesn't do proration)
MSRP: 175.99/ea

Initial Impression: Good looking tire on the truck, not nearly as beefy looking as the KM2s were, but, at the same time, something about the look appeals to me MORE than my KM2s did. Side Lugs are decent, and, they don't bulge like the load range D duratracs did that I had them test-fit. The big circumferential voids/channels are nice, and the lug design should do nicely on most anything I throw at it. The lugs are of varying widths too, to help clean out snow/mud/etc.

Driving: they're SILENT...ok, maybe not, but, I sure don't hear them with my windows down at any point, other than when driving over overpasses, then it sounds the same as any other highway tire. I thought my KM2s were quiet, but I could at least hear them, they didn't have "mud tire howl", and were quieter than the KO/KO2, but these....these are friggin silent. The factory rugged trails were louder I'd bet. They're VERY responsive to driver input, and dry grip is terrifyingly strong, as is wet. They loved sand earlier, and even the mild mud I got into pulling a coworker out from a construction site...no packing or anything, I was very pleased. Oh...and according to my bullydog, I'm averaging 3mpg better than I was with the KM2s, and, I already got decent economy with those. My across town to work trips on the KM2s ranged from 14-16mpg, and the last two days, I've averaged 19mpg, at 75-85mpg. Tonight, I had a ton of wind, and, unlike the KM2s these felt planted. I'm truly looking forward to the upcoming months, maybe years with these tires, to see what comes of them.

All in all, I've had em for 2 days, and, I'm giving them the trial by fire, since I can take em back if I don't like em, and will get it sorted....but, so far, so good, I see no downsides to them yet..
tread.jpg

sidelugs.jpg

treaddepth.jpg

I'm looking at getting the same tires, size and all, for my 2012 S. I know it's been a few years and you probably won't even see this but how did these tires end up working out for you long term? Also, my S came stock with 265/70/16 tires but from everything I've read online the 265/75/16 should fit no problem. I know this can vary from tire to tire so did you have any fit issues with the 265/75/16 Procomp AT Sport?