D44 Trail Spares

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
So everybody knows the front end spares you need to keep for IFS.. tie rods, maybe idler arm, centerlink, stuff like that.

Wanting to get people's opinions on some spare parts you need/should keep in your truck for you D44. In other words, what are the weakest links that are most likely to break out on the trail.

Darude

Bought an X
probably the hubs, mile markers are cheap i'd keep a set or 2 on backup, couple U Joints, even for the drive shaft, ARB air line repair kit, tie rod ends just to be one the safe side, junkyard shafts.

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
probably the hubs, mile markers are cheap i'd keep a set or 2 on backup, couple U Joints, even for the drive shaft, ARB air line repair kit, tie rod ends just to be one the safe side, junkyard shafts.

Yeah good ideas. I've actually wanted to go ahead and pick up some Warn hubs and keep what I have now as back ups. Good call on air line repair too. Pretty cheap insurance.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Personally, I'd pick up a pair of drive slugs for the hubs. That way if you blow a hub, you can just remove it, pop the slug in and keep on wheeling until you can replace the hub.

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
Personally, I'd pick up a pair of drive slugs for the hubs. That way if you blow a hub, you can just remove it, pop the slug in and keep on wheeling until you can replace the hub.

What the advantage of those over just swapping in regular hubs? Ease of installation?

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Yeah. Replacing the daily use switchable hub with a solid piece of metal so that you can get off the trail and deal with it later.

Cptpackrat

Bumpers Installed
Yeah. Replacing the daily use switchable hub with a solid piece of metal so that you can get off the trail and deal with it later.

I actually really like the idea of the drive slugs as a trail spare. Im gonna keep tabs on this for my own spares list in the future

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
The only reason not to run slugs all the time is that the VG33 is so damn puny, turning the entire front driveline every day would put even more of a hurting on your gas mileage.