jg8992

Hi, my name is Brandon
And I have to do my job while this sh*t is going on
9b1fea2927276e44bdb70bac203d22b9.jpg

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Can I tell you guys? I sent a few PMs to people on the other site who were doing some cool stuff and kind of gave them the rundown on XN. I've gotten zero response. I'm kinda butthurt.

JeffPro4x

Hot Pipe
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Can I tell you guys? I sent a few PMs to people on the other site who were doing some cool stuff and kind of gave them the rundown on XN. I've gotten zero response. I'm kinda butthurt.
I think people look at XN as more of a social forum than a technical one. Especially regarding 2nd gens.

sent from a crawlspace...

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
I think people look at XN as more of a social forum than a technical one. Especially regarding 2nd gens.

Need to fix that.

Also, one was a vendor/manufacturer. The other was a social type thing. Whatever.

Im trying to figure out how to attract all the technical stuff. Right now that massive autoguide conglomerate is making advertising money on all of those people. And that is what they are supporting. The fact that we aren't corporate owned has to count for something.

JeffPro4x

Hot Pipe
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Need to fix that.

Also, one was a vendor/manufacturer. The other was a social type thing. Whatever.

Im trying to figure out how to attract all the technical stuff. Right now that massive autoguide conglomerate is making advertising money on all of those people. And that is what they are supporting. The fact that we aren't corporate owned has to count t for something.
I agree on all counts.

Cruecible

Titan Swapped / SAS'd
We are free-range Xterra owners! We will not be bought by or owned by corporate pigs!!! (except when a vendor offers freebies to certain people in exchange for product pushing lol..................)

Seriously though, when I first dove into the online Xterra world, I found that CX had the most technical 'stored' information but no one was around to answer specific questions. Then I joined TNX because it had more access to local owners around me, but it definitely carries a different social atmosphere. I think it gets a little snippy over there, but nothing intolerable.

Here though, I found a couple local folks but more than that, I found a close knit community that actually answers questions for people without judgement. (Except some people JAY who I have to send multiple PM's to sometimes JAY in order to get an answer within a week JAY.)

In my opinion, I think XN has the "care-bear" designation to it as well as the bad taste left in people's mouths after the whole vendor implosion. Good thing is though; these can easily be overcome with awesomeness.

kirk

Butterfly King
Supporting Member
We are free-range Xterra owners! We will not be bought by or owned by corporate pigs!!! (except when a vendor offers freebies to certain people in exchange for product pushing lol..................)

Seriously though, when I first dove into the online Xterra world, I found that CX had the most technical 'stored' information but no one was around to answer specific questions. Then I joined TNX because it had more access to local owners around me, but it definitely carries a different social atmosphere. I think it gets a little snippy over there, but nothing intolerable.

Here though, I found a couple local folks but more than that, I found a close knit community that actually answers questions for people without judgement. (Except some people JAY who I have to send multiple PM's to sometimes JAY in order to get an answer within a week JAY.)

In my opinion, I think XN has the "care-bear" designation to it as well as the bad taste left in people's mouths after the whole vendor implosion. Good thing is though; these can easily be overcome with awesomeness.

Maybe. The social aspect I enjoy however, its what makes us close knit. I think too heavy technically, or too wild socially will run them away equally. Having a nice balance is good. I really enjoy this forum. Ive yet to have a question someone cant answer for me here. I didnt enjoy CX nearly this much.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin

It is different. I get that. But that board is so much more active than this one. And I doesn't have to be that way. I'm not trying to push an agenda, but if I had my choice between a community owned group and a corporate owned group, I'd take the community owned group any day of the week.

Hey now. That's why I gave you my cell number. Nobody's perfect. Plus now I don't really have the luxury of ignoring people's PMs. Heh.

We will overcome. New dawn of XN. Recruit new sponsors, maintain the great ones we already have, and bring people in to be part of this place.

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Maybe. The social aspect I enjoy however, its what makes us close knit. I think too heavy technically, or too wild socially will run them away equally. Having a nice balance is good. I really enjoy this forum. Ive yet to have a question someone cant answer for me here. I didnt enjoy CX nearly this much.
CX was good about 6 years ago when people like Dave, Amish, Luke, Hyde, and a few others were regs. Dave created this place as a response to the corporate craziness of CX. At the time TNX was still privately owned and their 1st gen site was utterly stagnant. So XN was a draw for a lot of us that wanted to escape from the ads and bullshiat of CX, but didn't have anywhere else to go.

JeffPro4x

Hot Pipe
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

What do you mean by "carebear"?

JeffPro4x

Hot Pipe
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
I agree about the social aspect, but if I never had to search the other place for technical info I'd be a happier person.

Status
Not open for further replies.