caseycamby's Build Thread

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
Got the back fully sanded up and then bedlined. I couldn't really get a good picture because of the light but y'all can use your imagination ;) haha!

AD218424-D04E-4C5E-A22E-F17429260AA2_zpsdrxcczqb.jpg

Tomorrow is a little sanding on the front and then finishing up with the bedliner. Then Thursday will be installing the winch.. That's the plan at least :D

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
Well.. it's 12* outside. Needless to say, not painting weather. It's supposed to warm up later this week here so I should be able to return working on it and the storage that's been sitting dormant for awhile. I'm ready to get things done and the weather is not complying! :(

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
Heat wave came through today.. It got up to 40* so I was able to lay a little paint to the bumper. I painted as much as could before I ran out of paint and froze to death haha. All I have left is the bars and a little touching up!

CaptainMorgan_SOS

Need Bigger Tires
Casey, if you don't mind, how did you paint the bumper? Did you lay it on its back and paint the front and then flip it over to do the back? I still need to do mine and I am trying to figure out the best way to do it. I know this may seem like an easy/simple question but I have been procrastinating painting it just because I am not sure how I want to approach it. Aaaaaaand, because I won't need it real soon, at least until I get my X back.

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
Casey, if you don't mind, how did you paint the bumper? Did you lay it on its back and paint the front and then flip it over to do the back? I still need to do mine and I am trying to figure out the best way to do it. I know this may seem like an easy/simple question but I have been procrastinating painting it just because I am not sure how I want to approach it. Aaaaaaand, because I won't need it real soon, at least until I get my X back.

If you check this picture out...

AD218424-D04E-4C5E-A22E-F17429260AA2_zpsdrxcczqb.jpg

That's pretty much how.. with it sitting like that, you can move it to and fro and get everywhere with the paint. You can lay it over on it's face and all the way on it's back, it's pretty easy. I did the back on one day and the next day I did the front.

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
Got the fairlead taped ready for sanding and yellow!

E9414C05-58FE-4AA5-AA52-586542CBE633_zpsgp8wuttx.jpg

BB9EA658-140E-44DE-9207-783435845B53_zpsmtiicnqp.jpg

And got the winch mounted to the bumper! One step closer to getting that bad boy back on the X!

77DD0E15-4583-4B6F-AC78-A263DEE29678_zpswjwawzw4.jpg

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
its taking sooooooooooo looooooooooong! whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

cant wait til its done!

I know I've been slacking but it rained like crazy here yesterday and I couldn't do anything haha. I'm gonna get a little painting done today and should be wrapping it up within the next few days. My main concern is wiring up the in-cab controls for the winch..

Well maybe if you would get off his back about it he'd be done by now!! Geeezzzzzzzzzzz!!

...........hehehehehe :hihi:

Now Blake..... We need to be nice..

bigjim247365

Anime boobs & male genitals? Sign me up!
Supporting Member
I know I've been slacking but it rained like crazy here yesterday and I couldn't do anything haha. I'm gonna get a little painting done today and should be wrapping it up within the next few days. My main concern is wiring up the in-cab controls for the winch..

tick tock Casey, tick tock.

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
Update!

6A38F431-3160-4F40-AAD1-B5001D66146D_zpsyn4bcwsp.jpg

BE63B318-B241-42FA-9D8D-E05175C62F66_zpsswrxcaph.jpg

4AC7705E-BC8A-4458-8EAE-EBA04009C1CC_zpsg53wd1bm.jpg

A95141C2-591F-49E6-818C-BECB0EE825A3_zpsnpagrhie.jpg

49C3D6CD-5020-4D0C-AD05-E6A0894B4C57_zpsdoieso3x.jpg

Everything should be put back on tomorrow and the winch will wired up Wednesday! You can see a hint of the secret mod (that's not THAT great, but still ;)) in the first picture....

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
It's on! Winch ain't wired... But it's on! Haha ;)

We're still figuring out how to do the in-cab wiring but I believe we got it figured out! Should be doing it tomorrow!

2FBC2D45-1599-404A-BC3A-DD07F136F627_zpshcwevgj9.jpg

caseycamby

Suspension Lift
Amidst all the good news there's also some bad.... While putting on the lights I dropped it and it hit the bumper :( looks like the money I was gonna make selling the subs is gonna go to an LED bar for the bumper instead of the top...

5FD59DC8-B2D7-4AA6-AEE5-12D537827E51_zps5l8uiggr.jpg